Threat issues! Need help! (got help closed)

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Threat issues! Need help! (got help closed)

Postby l3gndary » Thu May 07, 2009 6:48 am

Last night I was running naxx w/my guild And we were doing gothic the harvester. I was the tank on the undead side and a warr tank was also there to help. He's much less geared then me and yet he was grabbin threat off me really easly. I'd link my armory but typing from itouch. You can look me up if u can. Legndary of antonidas. Pls help
Last edited by l3gndary on Fri May 08, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
l3gndary

Re: Threat issues! Need help!

Postby guillex » Thu May 07, 2009 6:49 am

l3gndary wrote:I'd link my armory but typing from itouch.

This is all I saw, and my vision went red.

DAMN YOU!

I'd take a gander, but I can't get to the armory from work. :(
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby baneoftruth » Thu May 07, 2009 7:48 am

l3gndary wrote:Last night I was running naxx w/my guild And we were doing gothic the harvester. I was the tank on the undead side and a warr tank was also there to help. He's much less geared then me and yet he was grabbin threat off me really easly. I'd link my armory but typing from itouch. You can look me up if u can. Legndary of antonidas. Pls help

The character "Legndary" only exists on servers Fizzcrank and Dalaran.

Was the warrior grabbing threat on the adds or on the boss?

Were you doing the proper 969 rotation?

More information required.
baneoftruth

Postby l3gndary » Thu May 07, 2009 8:58 am

LOL sry i'm on fizzcrank. Xfered from antonidAs. It was on the boss himself and for the most part I was using 969 and reckoning whenever it was off it's CD. Yet the warr was still grabn threat. So idk if it's my gear or wat. (I'll try expand on it more when I'm home can use comp)
l3gndary

Postby Jasari » Thu May 07, 2009 9:01 am

l3gndary wrote:LOL sry i'm on fizzcrank. Xfered from antonidAs. It was on the boss himself and for the most part I was using 969 and reckoning whenever it was off it's CD. Yet the warr was still grabn threat. So idk if it's my gear or wat. (I'll try expand on it more when I'm home can use comp)

My brain hurts trying to read your retarded-speak. Please use English.
Jasari

Postby l3gndary » Thu May 07, 2009 1:38 pm

Okay, much apologies to you all for lack of information and my retarded-speak (My i-touch I also use for texting so word prediction was turning everything into shorten text talk sorry). My palladin is "Legndary" on Fizzcrank, I transfered him recently from Antonidas so thats why i said Antonidas.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Legndary Heres the Link to my armory (for me it shows Extremely lower stats then what i do have, If it says that i have have 25k Health then its wrong, along with the other stats).

So heres what happened, I was running 25 man naxx with my guild and we were on Gothik the harvester, I had total aggro on all the mobs so that wasnt a Problem. Once Gothik himself teleported to our side and i picked him up I burnt everything I had using mostly 969 rotation along with Hand of reckoning when it was avaiable. Yet the warrior tank who is far less geared than i am was pulling aggro off of me really easly, along with the two hunter DPSer in the group who were right behind my threat. I do not beleive the warrior was taunting off of me but was simply doing a huge amount of threat.

If theres any possible explanations you can give me or any tips to tweak my gear for some much needed threat then im all ears!
l3gndary

Postby Impervium » Thu May 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Did Righteous Fury maybe accidentally fall off? I know sometimes I don't notice when it falls off mid fight.

EDIT: Also hand of reckoning only helps if someone actually pulls off of you.
Impervium

Postby l3gndary » Thu May 07, 2009 2:24 pm

Im beginning to think it did, I asked the warrior tank from last night to come to the dummies and see how much TPS he puts out compared to me and I had a good 1200 over him so I beleive thats what happened =\ (I feel like a tankatard...heh =P)
l3gndary

Postby Koatanga » Thu May 07, 2009 4:38 pm

Don't feel bad - I recently discovered that it was taking my guild exactly 30 minutes from the buff-and-prep stage of the Patchwerk fight to the boss phase of the Thaddius fight.

Oddly enough, Righteous Fury is NOT what you want to have run out just when your DPS gets an 11-stack of Thaddius' buff...

Happened two weeks in a row, so I was doubly idiotic.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Kwelzenda » Thu May 07, 2009 9:27 pm

I've got powerauras setup to put a huge RF icon in the middle of my screen whenever it's not active so I am forced to turn it back on just so I can see what's going on in the game again. Normally I run with this particular aura turned off, but I turn it on while at the summoning stone for any instance I'm going to be tanking. Too many times I've forgotten to turn it back on after a wipe and discover once we're all back in that I can't hold aggro against all the 10/25-man raid geared DPS'ers I'm tanking for.
Kwelzenda

Postby Mehnalas » Fri May 08, 2009 8:27 am

I'm wondering if he was spamming taunt or something.
Lore(lol) wrote:Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mehnalas
Mehnalas

Postby l3gndary » Fri May 08, 2009 10:05 am

I should Definitely get that add on, multiple times I've forgotten to put up righteouss fury. And it defintely was that I forgot to put it up during Gothik the Harvester because last night we finished up naxx and were on Saphirron. The druid was tanking and I was just to be there incase she died and what not. Well I was just messing around doing random rotations not even doing 969 and halfway through the fight I ended up passing her on the threat meter and didnt even realize it. Well by this time already used my bubble with the guardian thing that absorbs raid damage so I had no way to drop threat, My Guild leader is yelling at me over vent to stop and Just as I was about to yell back the main healer steps up and says "why? he takes less damage then ******** and is alot easier to heal" and so with that I was finally aloud to MT KT for my guild heh (after we finished Saphirron of couse, and healers agreed I should MT). Ive MT all naxx and all other raids pre-Ulduar just not for guild because they play favorites with their healers and tanks.... so thnx and I guess thats it for this thread =P
l3gndary

Postby Tieran » Fri May 08, 2009 11:54 am

Mehnalas wrote:I'm wondering if he was spamming taunt or something.

Did you have vigilance on yourself?

If yes then ^^^^^ is most likely true :)
Tieran

Re: Threat issues! Need help! (got help closed)

Postby Worldie » Sat May 09, 2009 5:33 am

I'm very amused by how many warriors think that vigilancing other tanks is a good idea, i'd check it out.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Threat issues! Need help! (got help closed)

Postby baneoftruth » Tue May 19, 2009 8:11 am

Whoops...forgot to watch this thread >.< Sorry!

Didn't check the armory just yet, but from the description and responses that I'm seeing thusfar, it's very likely that the previous posters are correct...the possibility of Righteous Fury falling off, the warrior tank putting Vigilance on you, or the warrior just taunting on cooldown are all very high.

My suggestion to you...get pallypower, or a similar mod. I personally have used Pallypower since TBC when I first started on the paladin, and the mod has evolved quite nicely since then. Now it has a nice big square at the top which turns bright red if Righteous Fury is not on. It will also monitor your blessings, so if you are the paladin giving out Sanctuary, you'll notice that Sanctuary on yourself magically falls off when the warrior puts Vigilance on you. (For some reason, Vigilance completely removes even Greater Blessing of Sanctuary...haven't seen any word yet on this being fixed) Next step, get Omen. If you see the mob/boss that you are targeting magically switch to the other tank, take a gander over at Omen. If you see the other tank with like...20k rapidly decaying tps while you're at a steady 5k+, you'll know he taunted.

Last step...this is the most important one. If you find that he has been taunting off you (which for some reason warriors like to do...), you'll need this macro:
#showtooltip
/cast [target=warriorname] Hand of Protection

Use on cooldown for best results :-p

Well I was just messing around doing random rotations not even doing 969 and halfway through the fight I ended up passing her on the threat meter and didnt even realize it. Well by this time already used my bubble with the guardian thing that absorbs raid damage so I had no way to drop threat, My Guild leader is yelling at me over vent to stop

Honestly, get Omen and start paying more attention to this. I tend to just judge/auto-swing for the first 5-10 seconds of boss fights that I'm not mt'ing or I will without a doubt pull off the other tank. It's very important to not throw off the raid and healers by unnecessary tank switches, and regardless of the threat comparison, it's an insult to the other tank.
/cast [target=self] Hand of Salvation <-- you forgot this one....
baneoftruth

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations