Remove Advertisements

Threat talent points & T8 2-set bonus

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Threat talent points & T8 2-set bonus

Postby praetorae » Thu May 07, 2009 6:00 am

I apologize if this as already come up in the massive 'Matlab' thread or elsewhere but I couldn't find anything while searching earlier...

I was wondering mostly about the interplay between the T8 2-piece bonus which improves our seal damage and the talent choice Seals of the Pure 1st tier in Holy.

I currently run with a reasonably typical conviction+crusade MT build and am loving the threat from it (and the +3% crit in our 10-mans without a retri). However since I managed to gain my 2nd piece of T8 last night I was wondering if anybody has worked out whether the 15% increase from seals of the pure + the 10% increase from the set bonus would produce a better overall TPS increase than the 5% crit from conviction and the 3% (6% on certain mobs) from Crusade?

My Gut is telling me no - as I seem to run with quite a healthy amount of crit these days raid buffed and that effects nearly all of our threat abilities and the crusade bonus is just the icing on the cake (or sauce on the Pie whichever way you swing on that great debate).

Anyway, has any theory-craft come to light about this yet?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
praetorae
Maintankadonor

Re: Threat talent points & T8 2-set bonus

Postby theckhd » Thu May 07, 2009 6:26 am

This post shows the TPS per talent point that each of these talents gives you, and is already including the T8 2-piece bonus. Even with the 2-piece, Conviction is a better investment than SotP, though only by a hair. Crusade is always far better though, and Conviction unlocks Crusade, whereas SotP doesn't.

I personally use 3/5 Conviction 3/3 Crusade to pick up PoJ, but any spec that spends at least 5 points in some combination of Conviction and Crusade will out-threat 5/5 SotP.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Re: Threat talent points & T8 2-set bonus

Postby praetorae » Thu May 07, 2009 6:30 am

Fantastic,

cheers for the link Theckhd, thats 50g saved on respec costs at the very least :D
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
praetorae
Maintankadonor

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations