Remove Advertisements

Uncrushability overated?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Uncrushability overated?

Postby Arcand » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:13 pm

Ferrosis wrote:I find it surprising that nobody has apparently mentioned that there is trash in the game that can crush.

I'd forgotten about this until you said it. The trash before Magtheridon does this, right? What else?
Arcand

Postby Afraithe » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:17 pm

That's true, I think the trash pulls before Maggy can do crushings.
Afraithe

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:22 pm

Trash is trash, and I don't know that it's worth doing much math over trash. I think the major consideration when thinking about trash is "how quickly can you get through this crap to get to the next purple pinata?"
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Drfeelgood » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:59 am

Afraithe wrote:That's true, I think the trash pulls before Maggy can do crushings.

That's some of the only trash I think. I tend to do a lot of trash tanking as deep holy because of holy much I heal so I'm always having to be careful to stay above 490 def. I don't have anticipation and I use a 51 sta trinket so sometimes forgetting to switch from my block value heavy cloak to my avoidance cloak means i eat a few unexpected crits.

For generic trash, max spell damage and block value. Jade Skull -> Righteous is a good example. Same for Iron Maiden -> Justicar.
Drfeelgood

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:15 am

I swap out some pieces of Kara gear for T4 gear to tank trash. Puts me below 102.4. Just have to remember to switch back for a boss.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Lonso » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:56 pm

I frequently swap out heavy duty tank pieces for spell damage and mana increases on trash. Trash is generally where your dps is less careful about pulling aggro so the additional threat helps. That, and my uber prot dps is even more uber with the additional spell damage.
Lonso

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations