SS and scaling with a stat?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

SS and scaling with a stat?

Postby l3gndary » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Hello all, So today I decided to go and solo all of the 5 man quests in Icecrown (very easly soloable as prot and good gear just some fyi) and I was using SS of course. I specd into improved SS for the xtra time and increased % absorption. Well i scrolled thru my combat log after killing a 82 Elite mob and looked to see how much it had absorbed. On multiple occurances it absorbed as much as 1k+ dmg. The description says it only can absorb 600 dmg.

Basically as the title asks, Is there a stat that SS secretly scales with? Str, or health or anything of the sorts? Or does it just absorb the attack your being hit with no matter what? (w\ in reason of course, not like 5k hits from bosses).

Very curious about this so if anyone knows the answer that be awesome to know as well XD. [Fail, my sig hasnt been updated. I have much better stats then those now]
l3gndary

Re: SS and scaling with a stat?

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Spell power I believe.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby ubaduck » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:09 am

it scales with spellpower which we get from our stam so the more stam u get the more you will absorb
ubaduck

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:17 am

Specifically, the shield absorbs 500 + 75% of your spellpower, before DG's increase.
(My own DG shield absorbs 1214 (was curious and tested with the elites on Corprethar.)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby l3gndary » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Ohhh, okay makes sense lol. Thnx all. Thats pretty cool (decent amount of migitation as well) was reading the post bout whether or not its worth putting it up or not and heck 1k abosrbtion at least? Yea i'll be putting it up lol.
l3gndary

Postby Spectrum » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:09 pm

l3gndary wrote:Ohhh, okay makes sense lol. Thnx all. Thats pretty cool (decent amount of migitation as well) was reading the post bout whether or not its worth putting it up or not and heck 1k abosrbtion at least? Yea i'll be putting it up lol.

It's basically like an extra block (on top of your normal block) every 6 seconds per shield. Not bad at all.

It's awesome for doing quests and heroics because the shield stays up until the whole amount is absorbed, which easily starts being most of the damage you take. It's after block too.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Arees » Fri May 01, 2009 9:24 am

We only have 1 holy pally raiding with us, and I have imp SS, so he just keeps SS on the OT and I keep it on myself... absorbs about 1500 dmg (I think) fully raid buffed... maybe more, every 6 secs.
Arees

Postby Voldiir » Wed May 20, 2009 8:38 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:We only have 1 holy pally raiding with us, and I have imp SS, so he just keeps SS on the OT and I keep it on myself... absorbs about 1500 dmg (I think) fully raid buffed... maybe more, every 6 secs.

Imp SS (through Divine Guardian) stacks with regular SS on the same target.
Voldiir

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations