Remove Advertisements

Sudden Drop in TPS in 3.1.1

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Sudden Drop in TPS in 3.1.1

Postby theckhd » Fri May 01, 2009 11:45 am

Nozz wrote:Greygoose, how the flying fuck did you get 4 pieces of conquerors already and not somehow manage to pick up any other items, nor have enough emblems to buy the tanking necklace etc? O_O

Uh, the emblem tanking necklace is only a sidegrade from the Maly25 quest neck for most of us, it's almost certainly a downgrade for a JC that can stuff a 41 stam gem in it like Grey has.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Nozz » Fri May 01, 2009 6:36 pm

theckhd wrote:
Nozz wrote:Greygoose, how the flying fuck did you get 4 pieces of conquerors already and not somehow manage to pick up any other items, nor have enough emblems to buy the tanking necklace etc? O_O

Uh, the emblem tanking necklace is only a sidegrade from the Maly25 quest neck for most of us, it's almost certainly a downgrade for a JC that can stuff a 41 stam gem in it like Grey has.

Sure. Whatever. My point stands, I don't understand how you can get 4 tier pieces and not get titanguard/mimiron bracers/heart of iron/etc/etc/etc
Nozz

Postby Salamandra » Sat May 02, 2009 3:36 am

Because getting drops is a quite random process. I've got 4pc t8, but for some other people in my 25-man that wouldn't be possible, because the appropriate tokens don't drop. Also conqueror tier tokens are much more likely to drop than a specific normal item from a boss, so it shouldn't be surprising that someone would have tier pieces but not non-tiered pieces.
Salamandra

Postby Jazmine » Sun May 03, 2009 10:38 am

Well that depends how ur guild does loot. Mine prefers to /roll and fail to realize gearing up tanks is priority.

I mean... make some sacrifices for smoother runs. We only ask for the 1st T8 that drop to be given priority to the tanks, not like 1 piece of T8 every time so we can even collect an offset.

In my case, I may very well get those offset items a lot sooner than I'll get my full set of T8.
Jazmine

Postby Ascendant » Sun May 03, 2009 10:13 pm

Jazmine wrote:Well that depends how ur guild does loot. Mine prefers to /roll and fail to realize gearing up tanks is priority.

except that gearing up tanks doesn't necessarily help your raid group more than gearing up healers or dps. If you are upgrading from a blue, then ya; but minor upgrades to tanking pieces aren't vital (unless you are like me and are switching from BV to avoidance).
Ascendant

Postby Tekkel » Mon May 04, 2009 7:49 am

My guild just uses token prio for tanks but we only have 3 which all use different tokens. So all in all everyone has to pass on the first token for a tank. We introduced this purely because with 3 tanks the other tank items are more bought by those 3 people then other dps/healing items. 3 people for 1 ring/neck/token compared to say 15 for another.

We ended up having tanks getting the last tier pieces which doesn't really work for progression fights to give your tanks possibilties to swap different items in.

I remember having huge issues keeping def capped at illidan flame tanking because priests kept outbidding me on tier6 tokens which had more def then the items I had.
Tekkel

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations