Remove Advertisements

Bosses with adjusted hit tables?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Bosses with adjusted hit tables?

Postby vexryn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:46 am

As I was looking through our WWS parses from last night on 25-man, I noticed something surprising... XT-002 Deconstructor seems to have a dramatically altered hit table compared to other bosses.

For example, here's our Ignis kill, along with one of our XT attempts {scrapbots got to him at 2%... whoops :) }
Ignis: http://wowwebstats.com/btglutughv6eg?s=317341-389050
XT-002: http://wowwebstats.com/btglutughv6eg?a= ... 416-711740

The numbers from Ignis pretty much look spot-on. I'm just over 60% avoidance buffed, and those are the results I'm seeing here within a normal tolerance range for RNG on a single fight.

On XT-002, however, the numbers are WAY off. I'm avoiding about 46%. And when I dig through data from our prior kills, I see the same thing. I'm consistently avoiding only 44%-47% on all the attempts.

I know that Blizzard said that they were unhappy tanks had "too much" avoidance at the end of Naxx, and perhaps this was the way of adjusting for it. I'm not quite sure what to make of it though.

Thoughts?
vexryn
Maintankadonor

Re: Bosses with adjusted hit tables?

Postby Dorvan » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:49 am

My guess is that Tantrum counts as a physical attack and cannot be avoided.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby vexryn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Dorvan wrote:My guess is that Tantrum counts as a physical attack and cannot be avoided.

Hrm, thanks and good call. I think you've nailed it. I'm looking through the combat log details and they do report Tantrum as physical damage.

That would also explain why the average physical hit damage was so low at only 13k.

Thanks.
vexryn
Maintankadonor

Postby Garath.Gorefiend » Mon May 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Yup, its Tympanic tantrum...

As usual, Blizz is not paying attention.

1) its a physical attack, so we should be mitigating it, but we dont...it hits for a straight percentage of HP.

2) its totally unavoidable, absorbable, but not blockable.

Frankly, as a physical attack, our armor should be mitigating it, IMHO. Currently the way its set up, tanks take the most actual damage from Tympanic tantrum rather than the least...typical Blizzard...

Kologarn does the Overhead Smash (single target attack) which results in Overhead Smash Tremor (AOE effect)

Very similar mechanic to Tympanic Tantrum, but its working the right way...both the actual attack and the AOE effect are physical, but are also mitigated by armor.

Absorption effects work on both the attack and the AoE effect, but the attack itself is unblockable...

So (in other words) druids get to absorb part of it with the Savage Defense talent but we get squat heh...

Still its a better implementation than Tympanic Tantrum is...
Garath.Gorefiend

Postby honorshammer » Mon May 11, 2009 1:55 pm

Not a Boss but in Vezax's trash there's a Rogue type mob with a buffed Crit %. I found this out when he crit me with well over 540 defense.
honorshammer

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations