Divine Plea bug?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Divine Plea bug?

Postby nebulas » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:43 am

In the advanced training post it says
"Glyph of Divine Plea Looks "Meh" - 3% mitigation while DP is up? Except it synergises with GbtL, which means it is up 100% of the time vs a boss, and most of the time vs trash as well. And yes, it does stack with BoSanc, etc. Grats, our first "mandatory" glyph."

however, i noticed that Divine plea is still on a minute cool down, it doesnt ever refresh before that, even when i am in boss fights or tanking trash and I KNOW i am getting hit.

So question, am I doing something wrong? I am not buffing myself wtih GBtL.... it isnt in my protection spell book so I figured it was a passive skill that is "always up." I have 2/2 talent points in it. Perhaps this is wrong? Is there a self buff for it that I should be using? If so, where is it?

And i do have the glyph btw. I am not sure what i am missing! I am sure it is some dah moment of mine.

Is this an issue anyone else is having?
Nebulas, Silver Hand, Alliance.
The Knights of Justice
nebulas

Re: Divine Plea bug?

Postby Cylan » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:46 am

1) Click on "Divine Plea".
2) Melee anything that the game allows you to while Divine Plea is active.
3) ???
4) Profit.
Cylan

Postby Jasari » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:52 am

1. Read the tooltip for GbtL.
2. Read it again.
3. Read it again.

If you still don't understand why everything is working as intended delete your character.
Jasari

Postby culhag » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:53 am

The duration (NOT cooldown) of Divine Plea is refreshed every time YOU hit something.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Salamandra » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:19 am

The talent would suck if you had to recast it every 15 seconds.
Salamandra

Postby Dazhbog » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:25 am

I found it helped to get Power Auras (an addon) and set one up to display whenever Divine Plea was NOT active. Gives me a quick heads up when it drops to reapply.

To reaffirm, you cast Divine Plea, then melee something (or judge) to refresh the duration of the 15s buff on you. If for some reason you let the buff fall off (happens to me during overloads on Iron Council sometimes), you have to make sure to recast Divine Plea.
Dazhbog

Postby vexryn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:35 am

nebulas wrote:In the advanced training post it says
"Glyph of Divine Plea Looks "Meh" - 3% mitigation while DP is up? Except it synergises with GbtL, which means it is up 100% of the time vs a boss, and most of the time vs trash as well. And yes, it does stack with BoSanc, etc. Grats, our first "mandatory" glyph."

however, i noticed that Divine plea is still on a minute cool down, it doesnt ever refresh before that, even when i am in boss fights or tanking trash and I KNOW i am getting hit.

So question, am I doing something wrong? I am not buffing myself wtih GBtL.... it isnt in my protection spell book so I figured it was a passive skill that is "always up." I have 2/2 talent points in it. Perhaps this is wrong? Is there a self buff for it that I should be using? If so, where is it?

And i do have the glyph btw. I am not sure what i am missing! I am sure it is some dah moment of mine.

Is this an issue anyone else is having?

Look at your buffs. You'll see the Divine Plea buff getting refreshed every time you hit something.

The fact that you can't pop it again for another minute is irrelevant. The buff itself is staying up (and continuously refreshing) if you're hitting things.
vexryn
Maintankadonor

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations