Remove Advertisements

how to calculate your TPS?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

how to calculate your TPS?

Postby daemonym » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:56 am

as the topic says, im wanting to be able to calc my own tps, but i'm not sure what our inherent threat modifier is since the removal of salv (been a while since i cared about threat). RF gives up 90% threat from holy damage, and auto attack has threat = damage + 'salv mod'i think, but not 100% sure. before you jstu say use omen, it's a bit hard to because it either doesn't show my tps or rapidly goes up and down like 1-2k when im on the gcd so an average isnt really possible. also i am unaware of any feature in recount that shows threat, so i plan to take my dps and just calculate from there while bearing in mind that my dps also includes my auto attack (but that's easy to work with).

if this sounds like a far too round abotu way to figure this out and you got an easier way by all means let me know I'm 'Doin' it wrong!' and correct me.
Last edited by daemonym on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Re: how to calculating your TPS?

Postby majiben » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:10 am

First things first. Like you stated RF gives a 1.9 threat multiplier to holy damage and healing. Now the hidden multiplier for all tanking stances is 1.43 (1/.7) which is there to exactly counteract the threat difference from not having BoSlav in game anymore. So for a paladin you would use this formula generally.

1.43 * 1.9 * (holy damage + effective holy healing/4) + 1.43 * (Other damage + other effective healing/2)

I might have the holy healing modifier off but it shouldn't be a huge change in your overall dps if it is.

EDIT: Yeah the holy healing modifier is still .25
Last edited by majiben on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby daemonym » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:43 am

tyvm Maj, new avvy is made of win and awesome btw. the other night i capped off 2,560 DPS on sarth no drakes (so sayeth recount) while i was MT and using your formula minus the healing part as i was doing none myself would equate to something like 6955.52. if that's the case i can't imagine how much i'll do if i run the 3/3 crusade spec...yeesh!

(i realize it will be a bit lower as i'm including white hits, don't exactly have a recount or wws from a few days ago in a pug)
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Varmin » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:33 am

On omen under options, you can adjust the timeframe it uses to calculate TPS (I think the largest is 30s). That will help show your actual TPS rather than it fluctuating so much.
Varmin

Postby majiben » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:12 am

JoL procs should be self healing and any pots or health stones are self heals too. In the past Earth shield would have counted for your threat to. It is usually close to negligible though.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Jazmine » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:49 am

Does JoW give any threat bonus? I just remember JoL getting fixed but I don't recall reading anything about JoW.
Jazmine

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations