800 armor vs 2% threat

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: 800 armor vs 2% threat

Postby trellian » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:45 am

In comes Steelbreakers' Fusion Punch.

Admitatly, it's nature damage instead of magic, but it falls in the same category you are talking about (non-physical damage).
trellian

Postby Bundy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:34 am

Ummmmm....im pretty sure nature damage is still magical. Kinda like lightning spells, nature = magic.
Theres only two categories, physical damage, and magical damage. It just so happens theres 6 sub categories within magic damage.
Thats my issue, theres not 6 different types of physical attacks I have to gear a certain way to be an effective tank for each one.

Incoming Epiphiny......There SHOULD be different types of damage just like WC3. Normal, piercing, siege, and magical. Different types of attacks hurt certain things a little more. It makes perfect sense, 4 diff armor types, 4 diff attack types. each attack type trumps a certain armor type. lmao,, that wouldnt work at all I know. But add something for physical, at least the piercing thing for ranged attacked.

On another note, I really think they should add 2 more features for character customization, height and mass/bulk. When I first heard about WoW coming out back in 04, I was so excited to play a blademaster type character, only to have that dream crushed by making all orcs medium height and bulky as hell. Not too mention not making a class anything like the blademaster in anyway. Only now have they split his abilities between a warrior/rogue/mage. BUt the height/mass thing would make the game less cookie cutter style obviously.
Last edited by Worldie on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [edited by Worldie - language]
Bundy

Postby MrDuck » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:32 pm

trellian wrote:In comes Steelbreakers' Fusion Punch.

Admitatly, it's nature damage instead of magic, but it falls in the same category you are talking about (non-physical damage).
Well it doesn't really hit any hard on easy mode, and neither in 10 hard, while in 25 hard I'd want to blow cooldowns for that anyway, no matter if i had 42 or 50k hp :P
MrDuck

Postby Bundy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:37 am

gibborim » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Bundy wrote:
My bad, I didnt know you were in charge of Blizz and made all the decisions..... cough.

I advise avoiding sarcasm when you have been shown to be the idiot in the situation.

Bundy wrote:
They eventualy fix things, maybe later than sooner, but it gets fixed. Name one thing that has been broken and untouched since the original launch.

You don't seem to understand. Engineering sucking is the 'fix'.

Assumption 1: They want engineering to be different and fun.
Assumption 2: Balancing engineering bonuses vs the standard ones is very difficult.
Assumption 3: They do not want people to feel compelled to change professions for progression.
Assumption 4: They have limited developement time and resources.

Following these assumptions, it seems like a very reasonable approach for blizzard to make engineering measurably worse than other professions. On occasion, throw them a new toy that does nothing in combat.

Theres your problem right there. Assumptions are like the opposite of facts. I can make assumptions too to make my point sound good too though.

Assumption 1: They do want all professions to be balanced in some way
Assumption 2: Balancing engineering bonuses with others cannot be anymore difficult than balancing classes.

But im patient and have no problem waiting for changes in professions. Wasnt it in the patch notes that the 800 armor was getting buffed? A few other engineering things too I believe.
Bundy

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:27 am

Bundy wrote:But im patient and have no problem waiting for changes in professions. Wasnt it in the patch notes that the 800 armor was getting buffed? A few other engineering things too I believe.

They are adding in the epic gems, like they did late in TBC. Because the bonus that blacksmiths get is that they have extra sockets, this ends up buffing blacksmiths even more. So they are also buffing all the other professions, to keep up with blacksmiths. The buffs they've released so far are exactly the same in scale, so yes they are buffing engineering, but it is likely a minor buff just to keep up with black smiths, which is the same thing that all the professions got.

Now all that said, you folks need to stop flaming each other or the thread and the offending posts will be moderated.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations