1/2 SA? what about benediction?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: 1/2 SA? what about benediction?

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:37 pm

theckhd wrote:For another anecdotal data point, I went into Ulduar last night with 1/2 SA and never had mana problems, even while not explicitly tanking anything (i.e. not taking any damage).

I still haven't allocated that last point yet, because threat hasn't even been close (with 2/3 Crusade I was still pulling aggro off of the DK tank during XT-002 attempts, I actually had to Salv myself or hold back on most pulls - in his defense, he was having lag and framerate problems). I figure I may leave it unallocated until for another day or so to see whether the 2nd point of SA would come in useful on any of the other bosses, but it seems unlikely.

Objectively unless you are bothered about Naxx, heroics or such easy stuff, you don't need more than 1/2. Stuff in Ulduar has more DPS than malygos.

I still was like *wat* when i saw 15k melees from trashs and had to pop a trinket at each pull.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Venoseth » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:24 pm

We are neglecting the fact that you really can use SoWis in 5-mans np. It's WAY more mana than I need (even keeping up consecration WAY more than I would otherwise, around 90% of the time, even on small packs).

Spec for the worst case scenario > utility > fun, imo.

I spec for 25-mans, but I run 5-mans twice as often. The former really matters, the latter doesn't.

Take as much Bene as you WANT, 1/5 and 4/5 (the second being sans HotC) seem to only realistic options (1 point in Bene isn't worth 1 point in Crusade, even if it is just threat, IMO). So, take whatever you prefer, in my situation, I don't always have a Ret around, so I'll be 1/5 Bene. ^^
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Postby jere » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:54 am

As some anecdotal evidence, we did a full Naxx clear last night and I didn't have any mana problems at all with 1/2 SA. I didn't even have to use Divine Plea that much (I forgot to put it up a lot lol). So far so good.
jere

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:42 am

Can we just stop the anecdotal evidence already? We KNOW you don't need 2/2.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby jere » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Lets try to keep things civil. There really is no need for flaming. There was a comment made a couple posts above about possibly needing it for Naxx, etc. It was in response to that. We know we don't need it for ulduar where things hit hard (or malygos, etc.).
jere

Postby Lore » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:40 pm

Regarding 969 and 1/2 imp judgement: The reason you only take one point isn't become of some magical math result that means "waiting" a second to cast Judgement is better threat. The reason is due to GCD's -- it's actually impossible to cast Judgement every 8 seconds without ignoring other skills, and if you're ignoring other skills to cast Judgement again, you're actually wasting a half second that could have been spent on a higher-threat ability like Exorcism or Avenger's Shield.

The standard rotation consists of:
Judgement
ShoR
HS
HotR
Consecration

In the "pick up a bunch of mobs" scramble, you can swap out holy shield for Exorcism. In fact, if you alternate Exo, AS, Exo in that spot, you end up with over 30 seconds of every GCD used on an offensive "pickup" ability.

The simple fact is that, even with an 8 second judgement, there's always something else you could have (and should have) used at 7.5 seconds. In short, it's only a benefit if you're making bad decisions :P
Lore
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations