Remove Advertisements

Glyph of Divine Plea

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

Postby Kalakaua » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:24 am

Honorshammer wrote:
toothdecaykills wrote:
Muffswindler wrote:Glyph of DP - 130g.. Using Glyphs of....
1. DP
2. SoV
3. RD - Considering changing it out because of the little to no need for it in Ulduar..... Glyph of Judgement or exorcism? I say judge.

I agree, Judgment is probably your go choice, unless you want to test out the Salv glyph. Used it in Ulduar last night to some pretty decent results.

SoV is probably the one you're most likely to grow out of. As you get more Expertise on your gear, you wont' need it as much. In my gear, I get exactly half my 20 Expertise from the Glyph, so I'll be keeping it for now.

I keep seeing people saying that you should drop Glyph of SoV when you get more gear because you'll have enough expertise by then. I can't imagine any pally tank reaching the expertise soft cap without this glyph unless they are gimping their survivability and in Ulduar, you need all the survivability you can get. Pre-Ulduar, there were only 2 pieces of arguably best-in-slot tank gear with expertise (Malygos legs, Gothik helm) and they only provided 102 expertise rating combined. That's less than half of the 214 expertise rating you need to reach the soft cap.

Ulduar loot tables are still incomplete, but I haven't seen a lot of tanking items with expertise on them. It's worth noting that Warrior and Deathknight t8 has expertise on it, but paladin t8 doesn't.
Kalakaua

Postby oldboyz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:38 pm

just to make sure about this glyph...

the 3% reduction is only active while divine plea is up : which mean 15sec every 1min, which mean 0 bonus the next 45sec.

still, from a pure survival point of view, i agree it is still interesting during "end fight / enrage mode", migh save our ass

edit : my bad.
just read again our talent "guarded by the light" :mrgreen:
oldboyz

Postby spoon » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:51 pm

Sorry to necro this thread but I was wondering if anyone knew offhand if this Glyphs effect stacked with Renewed Hope?
spoon

Postby Ascendant » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:45 am

spoon wrote:Sorry to necro this thread but I was wondering if anyone knew offhand if this Glyphs effect stacked with Renewed Hope?

go to page 1 and start reading.

okay uh... since they didn't mention it at all in this thread. sanct, vigilance and renewed hope share the same mechanic and don't stack with each other. since the glyph does stack with the 2 mentioned, it would make sense for it to also stack with the third source of the buff.
Ascendant

Postby Chicken » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:02 am

Glyph of Divine Plea stacks with all the other 3% damage reduction effects. Also as a rule of the thumb for these kind of questions, ask yourself it's a personal buff, or a buff you can cast on others. If it's the first it usually stacks, if it's the latter it usually doesn't stack with other buffs you can cast on others.

In this case, Glyph of Divine Plea is a personal buff only, so should stack with other effects. Sanctuary, Vigilance and Renewed Hope are all capable of being used on other players than the one who has it, so they shouldn't with the other effects. Some testing elsewhere has indicated Renewed Hope currently stacks with Sanctuary and Vigilance though, but I assume that's a bug and is going to be fixed in the future.
Chicken

Postby spoon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:01 am

Thanks for your replies, but, you both contradicted yourselfs and I am still at a loss as to whether the Glyphs effect stacks specifically with Renewed Hope.
spoon

Postby Chicken » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:03 am

It does.
Chicken

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations