Heroism timing

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby majiben » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:43 am

The additional 20 seconds is for the second AW to run it's full course.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby Elsie » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:26 am

Majiben wrote:The additional 20 seconds is for the second AW to run it's full course.

Ideally we should add about 5s for positioning, too, but... meh.

Not to mention it doesn't matter if you use wings before or after 25% for the same reason as Bloodlust. Basically, any CD Based DPS Increase functions indepedently from time based increases. A CD before the time-based increase just means you have less time in "Lower DPS" phase, reach "Higher DPS" phase sooner but stay in it longer. So:
Option 1: Use CDs before n%
Effect: Less time before n% at DPS = X, more time before n% at DPS=X+A.
Result: Net boss kill time is the same since you reach n% sooner, thus doing X+A damage sooner.
Last edited by Elsie on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Postby trellian » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:28 am

no, you are both wrong.

idealy you'd oneshot the boss with ret aura ...
User avatar
trellian
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Silvermoon, EU

Postby Elsie » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:31 am

trellian wrote:no, you are both wrong.

idealy you'd oneshot the boss with ret aura ...

I'm pretty sure my ret aura did that to the Dancing Rune Weapon boss in Blade's Edge once. That's what the Shaman's combat log said, anyway.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Postby QuantumDelta » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:35 am

duh, sorry, I am zonked
And yea, what most people don't see as intuitive is that - it's 12 seconds, where-ever it is, 12 seconds of 'increased damage by % hp modifier talents', or 12 seconds of normal damage - it works out the same when time is what you factor, therefore, indeed the best time to use it is when everyone has their cooldowns, which tends to be the start of the fight, that also avoids the likelihood that someone is going to be dead to not take advantage of the heroism.

To try that again in more simple terms;

12 seconds of increased damage that you'd be doing anyway.
12 seconds of normal damage that you'd be doing anyway.

It's probably easier if you look at it as two different fights, and you can make fight one 12 seconds shorter, or you can make fight two 12 seconds shorter, but neither is more of a gain than 12 seconds.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
Image
User avatar
QuantumDelta
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:31 am

Postby BubbaBill » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:58 am

Alright here's a real noob post but here it goes.
What's the difference between bloodlust and heroism both of which are being refered to throughout this thread. Is one just the spell name and the other the effect name?
BubbaBill
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Postby firstamendme » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:05 am

BubbaBill wrote:Alright here's a real noob post but here it goes.
What's the difference between bloodlust and heroism both of which are being refered to throughout this thread. Is one just the spell name and the other the effect name?


Bloodlust is the real name of the spell. Heroism is the crappy version given to smelly alliance.


Really though, exact same thing, different names. Its like how horde pallies have Seals of Corruption/Blood while allys have Seals of Vengeance/Martyr.
Image
User avatar
firstamendme
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:05 am

Postby Elsie » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:09 am

Bloodlust is the real name of the spell. Heroism is the crappy version given to smelly alliance.

Quoted for Emphasis.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Postby Veilan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:32 pm

QuantumDelta wrote:duh, sorry, I am zonked
And yea, what most people don't see as intuitive is that - it's 12 seconds, where-ever it is, 12 seconds of 'increased damage by % hp modifier talents', or 12 seconds of normal damage - it works out the same when time is what you factor, therefore, indeed the best time to use it is when everyone has their cooldowns, which tends to be the start of the fight, that also avoids the likelihood that someone is going to be dead to not take advantage of the heroism.


Just make sure it's the real start of the fight, with a couple secs for everyone to settle into their rotations. As mentioned, there are a couple fights where there's a practice / filler / survival phase, and the actual fight only starts later.

And no, this is not perfectly obvious. Yesterday I had an owl explain to me that she hates Kel'thuzad because she's always oom by the time the adds appear. :roll:
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Image
User avatar
Veilan
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:45 am

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ashaton and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Ashaton and 1 guest