Remove Advertisements

Neat DPS Trick

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Spectrum » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:56 pm

I should look into using blood and getting some healing. So far it feels like SoW + JoW + Replenishment keeps me topped off. Someone is always putting up JoW and I often forget to take SoW off because I don't have threat problems anyway.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Eanin » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:50 pm

I used blood for a while, but I'm not convinced the extra mana regen from the damage I take makes up for the lost dps from not using corruption (except on Loatheb, but that's because of the crits).

My goal is to stack enough sp plate/hunter mail as possible to be able to use as many of my damaging abilities as possible without hurting my dps more than the extra abilities would compensate. It's like a curve, and I'm looking for the top.

We've been running 25 man content with as few as 17 people lately, so dps is hugely important, especially on Thaddius. That's why I'm thinking like a deepser here :).

I got almost 4k deeps on Thaddius last time (not tanking), and I'm trying to push that.
Eanin

Postby xstrykr » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:17 pm

About the only time I use Seal of Blood is to tank old-world content with a healer buddy so that I take extra damage and keep my mana up. BoS doesn't help me much there.
xstrykr

Postby Ovine » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:19 pm

I feel guilty now that I remain on the platform after my add has died and go get a coffee and biscuit if not Mt'ing him
Ovine

Postby minieh » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:39 am

Tbh, even when i OT stuff, or just DPSing, i have no mana issues at all - just drop consecration... I actually only use Divine Plea when i hit about 50% mana (keep forgetting to use it) - so i'd have to agree with Majiben, that it's a placebo effect. If your running OOM, your doing it wrong.
minieh

Postby Eanin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:24 pm

minieh wrote:Tbh, even when i OT stuff, or just DPSing, i have no mana issues at all - just drop consecration... I actually only use Divine Plea when i hit about 50% mana (keep forgetting to use it) - so i'd have to agree with Majiben, that it's a placebo effect. If your running OOM, your doing it wrong.

The point is to be able to work in Consecration. Saying you don't have mana problems when DPSing because you don't use one of your DPS skills doesn't make any sense.
Eanin

Re:

Postby dmok » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Eanin wrote:My understanding was that Corruption does significantly more dps than blood, which is why I switched to it.

It does, but the main gain from using blood (through SA) might allow you to maintain your cycle longer while keeping your ShoR hits higher.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Re: Re:

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:02 pm

dmok wrote:
Eanin wrote:My understanding was that Corruption does significantly more dps than blood, which is why I switched to it.

It does, but the main gain from using blood (through SA) might allow you to maintain your cycle longer while keeping your ShoR hits higher.

Depends on your weapon and spec as to what that difference is.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Re: Re:

Postby dmok » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Depends on your weapon and spec as to what that difference is.

It's still my understanding that across the board SoV out-dpses SoB, with maybe 1 exception in an outlying case I cannot recall.

I personally just stick to my maximum threat rotation dropping consecrate. If the tank goes down, I want to be prepared to pick up where he left off (our warriors like to fail at shield walling the enraged wrap on maexxna, and we lack the druids required to keep them alive during it)
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Re: Neat DPS Trick

Postby Eanin » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:24 am

Well, with Divine Plea now permanent, this tip is officially dead :)
Eanin

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations