Remove Advertisements

Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis - WotLK/3.x

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby theckhd » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Updated the reckoning code to:
Code: Select all
Reck=1-(1-0.02.*Reck_points.*(1-player_avoid))^(min([8 4.*weapon_swing_speed])/swing_timer);

Melee_Swing_DPS = Melee_Swing./(weapon_swing_speed./(1+Reck));
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Dorvan » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Also, one suggestion for clarity: consider renaming swing_timer to boss_swing_speed, and possibly weapon_swing_speed to player_swing_speed.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby steadypal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:05 am

Dorvan wrote:Like Maj, I strongly disagree with your premise (5/5 Divinity is far from essential), but for those interested here are the numbers:

Spec                    DPS        TPS
SotP+3/5Convic         3190        8247
5/5Convic+2/3Crusade   3198        8247

No, that's not a typo: for the gear set up included they came out exactly equal on tps, with 2/3 crusade slightly higher for dps. Again though, I really can't see valuing a point in Divinity over a point in Crusade.

in this test you did,,,, was crusade giving 2% more dmg or 4% more dmg? just curious..
steadypal

Postby Dorvan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:09 am

Unless stated otherwise, I am always assuming a non-undead, non-Crusade mob. So it was 2%, not 4%.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:42 pm

Dorvan wrote:Also, one suggestion for clarity: consider renaming swing_timer to boss_swing_speed, and possibly weapon_swing_speed to player_swing_speed.

Done.

Also, I spent some time today to fix up the gear.m file. It now allows for individual selection of items, and comes pre-loaded with some of the top-end items for each slot. I didn't have time to transcribe everything, but if someone posts stat arrays for items they'd like to see added, I'll add them to the file.

The next thing I'm going to do start calculating player_avoidance and block_percent properly based on the gear set and buffs. Since the gear set now contains all of the defensive stats as well, we can also start doing calculations of defensive statistics, if we desire to do so. I'll need to dig up some values and equations for this though (base avoidance stats for a naked, untalented lvl 80, for example) along with any other metrics we might want to examine.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Interesting... I missed the new Greater Potency (50 AP) and Superior Potency (65 AP) enchants in my enchant analysis. This thread drew my attention to it, and the results suggest that Superior Potency is a better enchant for threat and DPS:

<edit> Values removed, they were wrong. Corrected values down a few posts.

This is using the new gear set (full T7.25 etc, though the numbers don't change more than around 1-2% if you drop to T7.10). Also, Mongoose is correctly including the haste effect, as per Dorvan's suggestion earlier.
Last edited by theckhd on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theckhd

Postby majiben » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:05 pm

You have some massive errors there that need to be addressed.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby theckhd » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Majiben wrote:You have some massive errors there that need to be addressed.

Hm... looking at that now as per your comments in the other thread.

<edit> Ah, I see what I did now. You're right, I'm doubling the value of AP... I think I'm going to re-do the entire enchant calculation file to make it more transparent what's going on.
theckhd

Postby steadypal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:11 pm

bbl
Last edited by steadypal on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steadypal

Postby majiben » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:13 pm

That discussion was for the purpose of AoE threat, aka not on bosses.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby theckhd » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:20 pm

Ok, updated some code to make things easier. extras is now split into two variables:
extra_by_ipoints contributes to each stat based on it's statmod allocation (i.e. 10 item points worth of the stat)
extra_by_value contributes to each stat by value, i.e. 1 AP, 1 STR, 1 SP, etc.

I re-wrote the enchant module to use extra_by_value instead, since the enchants aren't equally allocated in item points.

The numbers now look like this:
Enchant           DPS    TPS
Berserking        45.0  113.7
Accuracy          25.6   65.0
Potency (BC)      21.6   55.9
Superior Potency  20.9   52.8
Ti Weap Chain     19.1   48.9
Greater Potency   16.1   40.6
Mongoose (BC)     12.0   27.7
Ex. Agility        8.7   21.5

The only ones that have changed were the AP ones, but those are the most significant, sine it bumps both of the new Potency enchants back down to their rightful place beneath our beloved 20 str enchant.
Last edited by theckhd on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theckhd

Postby steadypal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:26 pm

theckhd wrote:Ok, updated some code to make things easier. extras is now split into two variables:
extra_by_ipoints contributes to each stat based on it's statmod allocation (i.e. 10 item points worth of the stat)
extra_by_value contributes to each stat by value, i.e. 1 AP, 1 STR, 1 SP, etc.

I re-wrote the enchant module to use extra_by_value instead, since the enchants aren't equally allocated in item points.

The numbers now look like this:
Berserking        45.0  113.7
Accuracy          25.6   65.0
Potency (BC)      21.6   55.9
Superior Potency  20.9   52.8
Greater Potency   16.1   40.6
Ti Weap Chain     19.1   48.9
Mongoose (BC)     12.0   27.7
Ex. Agility        8.7   21.5

The only ones that have changed were the AP ones, but those are the most significant, sine it bumps both of the new Potency enchants back down to their rightful place beneath our beloved 20 str enchant.

i have 161 hit rating, its 4.91%, currently have 20str on my last laugh... ur sayin accuracy enchant would be more beneficial, and the glow is much cooler amirite?
steadypal

Postby theckhd » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:31 pm

steadypal wrote:i have 161 hit rating, its 4.91%, currently have 20str on my last laugh... ur sayin accuracy enchant would be more beneficial, and the glow is much cooler amirite?

For bosses, Accuracy will be better until you reach the melee hit cap, after which point Hit becomes less useful. That will be around 220ish rating, assuming you have a Draenei in your group for the 1% hit aura.

For trash, which only has a 6% spell hit cap, Accuracy will be better if you are below the hit cap, but will be worse if above it. In your case, with 161 hit rating already Accuracy will be better for bosses, Potency will be better on trash.
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:46 pm

Just to check - recalculating the enchants for a rotation that only uses Consecration and Holy Shield (i.e. for trash)
Berserking         8.5   23.4
Ti Weap Chain      6.0   16.5
Accuracy           5.3   14.8
Superior Potency   3.9   10.9
Potency (BC)       3.1    8.5
Greater Potency    3.0    8.4
Mongoose (BC)      0       0
Ex. Agility        0       0

So again, for trash, Hit wins if below the cap, and since neither HS or Consecrate can crit, the weapon chain actually wins.

Once you're above 6% spell hit, Superior Potency edges out Potency, which edges out Greater Potency.

However, I'd still say Potency (BC) is the better enchant for trash, simply because it also gives you BV, and STR does more for our other abilities. I don't know about you, but when tanking trash I'm usually also tab-targetting and using HotR and ShoR on cooldown, which this rotation file doesn't model at all.
theckhd

Postby Awyndel » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:13 pm

Is there any chance we can see the effect of the gloves threat enchant, or of some threat trinkets.

Or is there a thread about those i missed?
Awyndel

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations