Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis - WotLK/3.x

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby theckhd » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:55 am

Well, it's official:

Expertise is now our best threat stat below the soft-cap. So maintaining 26 expertise is now a must for threat purposes.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Oldpappa » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:57 am

What is your evaluation between the soft cap and the cap of expertise? I might be just missing this in some obvious post but what is the evaluation of say hit ratting and expertise rating once you get beyond the soft cap of expertise?
Oldpappa

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:06 pm

It's in the graph right above your post. Hit rating is above Exp after the soft cap.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby rocket » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:16 pm

so the motivation of this change of our best threat stat is due to the empirical testing of ShoR going to the melee hit table?

Maybe the T9 advent of expertise on gear was the dev's tipping their cards on this change.
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:45 pm

rocket wrote:Maybe the T9 advent of expertise on gear was the dev's tipping their cards on this change.

That would be odd, since it didn't behave this way last patch. If it was going to be reflected in gear, I'd have expected T10 to be the expertise-heavy set.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby rocket » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:25 pm

oh dont get me wrong theckd, i know and have studied your analyses for years(?) now. i guess what i am saying is that maybe this ShoR on melee table change was intended to occur earlier and hence the T9 gear reflected this need for expertise. For whatever reason, it didnt happen
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:00 pm

rocket wrote:oh dont get me wrong theckd, i know and have studied your analyses for years(?) now. i guess what i am saying is that maybe this ShoR on melee table change was intended to occur earlier and hence the T9 gear reflected this need for expertise. For whatever reason, it didnt happen

Yeah, I guess that's a possibility. They may have wanted to make expertise better for us to make itemization easier for off-set items as well, so that things would be appealing to all three plate tanking classes.
theckhd

Postby æ » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:42 am

Theck, have you redone your SoComm as a tanking seal analysis not that SotR is on melee? Im interested in the numbers (or the colorful plot that said everything beautifully simple and visually) assuming 26 exp whatever you get time.
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
æ

Postby Zibey » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:14 am

With that change... how does situation in Crusade-SotP look like now? I mean - Crusade was slightly lower earlier against non-DUH mobs... how does it look like now?
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

Postby Khayne » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:24 pm

Well on SotP vs. Crusade, changes here are:
small ShoR damage nerf (your parried attacks chance), loss for crusade, not for SotP.
ShoR procs seal damage, gain for SotP, smaller gain for crusade.

Which does say that the gap widened on Non-DUH mobs. However Crusade was massively better than SotP before on DUH mobs, and i can't see these changes make it catch up. We do what, 1/6 - 1/5 more seal attacks now that ShoR procs seals? doesn't sound likely to catch up.
Khayne

Postby Thalastor82 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:50 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Well, it means that if you spec at least one point into JotJ, every ability in our rotation does some sort of aoe, with 3 of the 5 proccing SoComm damage. I only use it in non-ICC heroics though.

hello everybody

I have the impression that I'm missing something...

Maybe it is a silly question but how does happen that JotJ (judgment of the just, right?) makes proc SoComm? Why the judgment itself would not make proc it, since it is considered a melee attack?

In any case thanks for the information, I have never considered SoComm as a tanking seal until now, I will try it very soon for aoe tanking
Thalastor82

Postby Serv » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:03 am

As far as I know, JotJ gave your Judgements the ability to procc seals, when the talent got it's own debuff to prevent overwriting by other judgements. I guess the Blizz dev's messed up something in the code or missed something. A logic error. I'm pretty sure this is not working as intended, but why complain?
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Postby theckhd » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:32 am

Thalastor82 wrote:Maybe it is a silly question but how does happen that JotJ (judgment of the just, right?) makes proc SoComm? Why the judgment itself would not make proc it, since it is considered a melee attack?

While Judgement counts as a melee attack, it does not proc SoV or SoCom (but does proc SoR). There was some discussion of this change in this thread.

As it currently stands, speccing JotJ changes the behavior such that Judgement does proc SoV and SoCom. It also causes an extra SoR proc.
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Just a quick update - I'm working on updated versions of all of the calculations. I just didn't have enough time today to finish them, no less get them posted.

I'm hoping to get them posted within the next few days. Hopefully by then we'll have some indication whether this ShoR change is intended or not.
theckhd

Postby æ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:21 pm

Thanks, Theck.
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
æ

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations