Remove Advertisements

Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis - WotLK/3.x

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby Thels » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:50 am

Then again, the T2.245 has more stamina than the T9.245 or the emblem helm.

For DK's it also has more stamina, purely based on the fact that it has a blue socket.

Warriors kinda got the shaft on stamina for the T2.245 helm.

So decide which helm you use based on the encounter.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby æ » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:50 pm

Racolus wrote:?_? WTH, aren't hit supposed to be the better threat stat than BV? I put the T2.245 helm first on my wish list, grrrr...

Theck can only do so much and can only go so far with with all this, at some point you're going to need to use your eyes and look at the numbers on the gear.
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
æ

Postby Zothor » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm

æ wrote:
Racolus wrote:?_? WTH, aren't hit supposed to be the better threat stat than BV? I put the T2.245 helm first on my wish list, grrrr...

Theck can only do so much and can only go so far with with all this, at some point you're going to need to use your eyes and look at the numbers on the gear.

It's that or trust him blindly. Frankly, trusting him blindly will take you pretty far.

If you can't see why a piece would be higher threat (as the above said, using your eyes) AND you won't just believe him when he tells you it is, AND you can't be bothered to read his lengthy but mathematically complete and accurate explanations of why different stats affect threat differently... then we can't help you.

Your choices are simple: Faith in Theck, Understanding of Theck's reasoning, or Logical reasoning of your own. pick one, at least.
Zothor

Postby Racolus » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:28 am

Meh, think I overlooked the str in the item like someone overlooked the armor provided in the ardent defender.

Personally I'll use the 2.245 helm if I can get one, I like the hit it gives and I find missing a taunt annoying.

Thanks for the huss and burning at stake, anyway.
Racolus

Postby æ » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:59 pm

Thank you for supplying the tender and matches :mrgreen:

By the way has anyone tried to do some weightings for TPS stuff for wowhead? Here is what I made but so far im having issues filtering out the purely DPS junk. I could force it to have def only but not all good tank TPS gear has def so you lose good stuff and thats bad.

http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter=mi ... :28.9:28.9
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
æ

Postby Thels » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:09 am

æ wrote:Thank you for supplying the tender and matches :mrgreen:

By the way has anyone tried to do some weightings for TPS stuff for wowhead? Here is what I made but so far im having issues filtering out the purely DPS junk. I could force it to have def only but not all good tank TPS gear has def so you lose good stuff and thats bad.

Instead of forcing stuff, try to set certain values, suck as Armor Penetration to 0. That's the way WoW-Heroes does it to filter out DPS gear when you look for tank upgrades.

And there's a good reason for taking the T2.245 head, which is EH, not Threat.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Candiru » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:18 am

Hit is also the only stat which will help you in the first few seconds of pickup where missing a couple of attacks in a row can be fatal.

I don't want hit for sustained TPS, I want it to avoid missing with HoR, AS, ShoR picking up adds / bosses.

WTB more hit.
Candiru

Postby æ » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Thels wrote:Instead of forcing stuff, try to set certain values, suck as Armor Penetration to 0. That's the way WoW-Heroes does it to filter out DPS gear when you look for tank upgrades.

I only forced out Int and resilience gear. Anything not listed in the weights are assumed to have a weighting of 0. Ive attempted to let the actual tank gear become more extracted by adding defense to the weightings.

Candiru wrote:I don't want hit for sustained TPS, I want it to avoid missing with HoR, AS, ShoR picking up adds / bosses.

I want it for both. Besides that its extremely rare to miss a Boss pull (Exo/AD/HoR/RD). The more likely thing that would happen is that DPS slowly starts to catch up on a long kill.
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
æ

Postby Soralin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 pm

Candiru wrote:Hit is also the only stat which will help you in the first few seconds of pickup where missing a couple of attacks in a row can be fatal.

I don't want hit for sustained TPS, I want it to avoid missing with HoR, AS, ShoR picking up adds / bosses.

WTB more hit.

Glyph Taunt and you won't need it.
Soralin

Postby Candiru » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:09 am

Glyph is only +9% hit, but spellmiss is 17% on bosses. So you need quite a lot of hit still.
Candiru

Postby Radience » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:55 am

Actually glyph is +8% hit for taunts.
Radience

Postby Thels » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:22 am

But we have 2 taunts, so if one taunt misses, we can always press the 2nd taunt right after. Chances of both taunts missing is pretty slim.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby daiceman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:38 am

Actually, they moved taunts to melee special ability hit (8%) quite awhile ago.
daiceman

Postby Thels » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:08 pm

daiceman wrote:Actually, they moved taunts to melee special ability hit (8%) quite awhile ago.

Recent testing seems to indicate otherwise, as people with capped melee hit still get taunt resists on the training dolls.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby jere » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:06 pm

daiceman wrote:Actually, they moved taunts to melee special ability hit (8%) quite awhile ago.

They never did that. What they did was allow melee hit to increase it. It was never on a melee miss chance though. It has always missed with 17% against bosses, base.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/5098 ... ssion.html
jere

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations