Remove Advertisements

Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis - WotLK/3.x

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby Thels » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:50 am

Then again, the T2.245 has more stamina than the T9.245 or the emblem helm.

For DK's it also has more stamina, purely based on the fact that it has a blue socket.

Warriors kinda got the shaft on stamina for the T2.245 helm.

So decide which helm you use based on the encounter.
ImageImage
User avatar
Thels
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby æ » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:50 pm

Racolus wrote:?_? WTH, aren't hit supposed to be the better threat stat than BV? I put the T2.245 helm first on my wish list, grrrr...


Theck can only do so much and can only go so far with with all this, at some point you're going to need to use your eyes and look at the numbers on the gear.
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
User avatar
æ
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby Zothor » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm

æ wrote:
Racolus wrote:?_? WTH, aren't hit supposed to be the better threat stat than BV? I put the T2.245 helm first on my wish list, grrrr...


Theck can only do so much and can only go so far with with all this, at some point you're going to need to use your eyes and look at the numbers on the gear.


It's that or trust him blindly. Frankly, trusting him blindly will take you pretty far.

If you can't see why a piece would be higher threat (as the above said, using your eyes) AND you won't just believe him when he tells you it is, AND you can't be bothered to read his lengthy but mathematically complete and accurate explanations of why different stats affect threat differently... then we can't help you.

Your choices are simple: Faith in Theck, Understanding of Theck's reasoning, or Logical reasoning of your own. pick one, at least.
Zothor
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby Racolus » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:28 am

Meh, think I overlooked the str in the item like someone overlooked the armor provided in the ardent defender.

Personally I'll use the 2.245 helm if I can get one, I like the hit it gives and I find missing a taunt annoying.

Thanks for the huss and burning at stake, anyway.
Racolus
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 5:09 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby æ » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:59 pm

Thank you for supplying the tender and matches :mrgreen:


By the way has anyone tried to do some weightings for TPS stuff for wowhead? Here is what I made but so far im having issues filtering out the purely DPS junk. I could force it to have def only but not all good tank TPS gear has def so you lose good stuff and thats bad.

http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter=mi ... :28.9:28.9
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
User avatar
æ
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby Thels » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:09 am

æ wrote:Thank you for supplying the tender and matches :mrgreen:


By the way has anyone tried to do some weightings for TPS stuff for wowhead? Here is what I made but so far im having issues filtering out the purely DPS junk. I could force it to have def only but not all good tank TPS gear has def so you lose good stuff and thats bad.

http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter=mi ... :28.9:28.9


Instead of forcing stuff, try to set certain values, suck as Armor Penetration to 0. That's the way WoW-Heroes does it to filter out DPS gear when you look for tank upgrades.

And there's a good reason for taking the T2.245 head, which is EH, not Threat.
ImageImage
User avatar
Thels
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby Candiru » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:18 am

Hit is also the only stat which will help you in the first few seconds of pickup where missing a couple of attacks in a row can be fatal.

I don't want hit for sustained TPS, I want it to avoid missing with HoR, AS, ShoR picking up adds / bosses.

WTB more hit.
Image
Candiru
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby æ » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Thels wrote:Instead of forcing stuff, try to set certain values, suck as Armor Penetration to 0. That's the way WoW-Heroes does it to filter out DPS gear when you look for tank upgrades.


I only forced out Int and resilience gear. Anything not listed in the weights are assumed to have a weighting of 0. Ive attempted to let the actual tank gear become more extracted by adding defense to the weightings.

http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter=mi ... :28.9:28.9

Candiru wrote:I don't want hit for sustained TPS, I want it to avoid missing with HoR, AS, ShoR picking up adds / bosses.


I want it for both. Besides that its extremely rare to miss a Boss pull (Exo/AD/HoR/RD). The more likely thing that would happen is that DPS slowly starts to catch up on a long kill.
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
User avatar
æ
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby Soralin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 pm

Candiru wrote:Hit is also the only stat which will help you in the first few seconds of pickup where missing a couple of attacks in a row can be fatal.

I don't want hit for sustained TPS, I want it to avoid missing with HoR, AS, ShoR picking up adds / bosses.

WTB more hit.

Glyph Taunt and you won't need it.
User avatar
Soralin
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby Candiru » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:09 am

Glyph is only +9% hit, but spellmiss is 17% on bosses. So you need quite a lot of hit still.
Image
Candiru
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby Radience » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:55 am

Actually glyph is +8% hit for taunts.
User avatar
Radience
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:04 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby Thels » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:22 am

But we have 2 taunts, so if one taunt misses, we can always press the 2nd taunt right after. Chances of both taunts missing is pretty slim.
ImageImage
User avatar
Thels
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby daiceman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:38 am

Actually, they moved taunts to melee special ability hit (8%) quite awhile ago.
daiceman
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:53 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby Thels » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:08 pm

daiceman wrote:Actually, they moved taunts to melee special ability hit (8%) quite awhile ago.


Recent testing seems to indicate otherwise, as people with capped melee hit still get taunt resists on the training dolls.
ImageImage
User avatar
Thels
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Postby jere » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:06 pm

daiceman wrote:Actually, they moved taunts to melee special ability hit (8%) quite awhile ago.


They never did that. What they did was allow melee hit to increase it. It was never on a melee miss chance though. It has always missed with 17% against bosses, base.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/5098 ... ssion.html
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2949
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest