Remove Advertisements

Netherspite

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Netherspite

Postby brockb1 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:17 pm

I am having trouble off tanking netherspite, specifically after he phazes back in and before the beams activate he is running at a caster and wtf pwning them. My main tank thinks it is because my aggro is much lower than his causing him to aggro someone else, I think if that was the case netherspite would just aggro the highest threat, not a lock who is 4th or 5th. I read that after the phaze out netherspite clears all aggro, dont know if this is acurate or not. Anyone have any ideas?
brockb1

Re: Netherspite

Postby Vanifae » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:19 pm

brockb1 wrote:I am having trouble off tanking netherspite, specifically after he phazes back in and before the beams activate he is running at a caster and wtf pwning them. My main tank thinks it is because my aggro is much lower than his causing him to aggro someone else, I think if that was the case netherspite would just aggro the highest threat, not a lock who is 4th or 5th. I read that after the phaze out netherspite clears all aggro, dont know if this is acurate or not. Anyone have any ideas?

All DPS should be stopped until a tank picks him up, and they shouldn’t go full bore till the beams start. They shouldn’t even be near him, he has a normal threat list until the beams show back up. This has nothing to do with your threat; just a mechanic of the fight.

BTW he is a demon or ghot, but pretty sure he is a demon, you can use Exorcism on him :)
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Joonho » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:17 pm

It's really easy to pick him up before anyone aggro's him. Just be the first to run back in after the banish phase and throw ur shield or exorcism (he's a ghost btw :)).

If you have a mod that tells you when the phases end, it makes life a little easier.
Joonho

Postby Suwtoo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:24 pm

Netherspite is a demon for the record. Altho idk why a dead dragon is supposed to be a demon :?
Suwtoo

Postby Passionario » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:30 am

Suwtoo wrote:Netherspite is a demon for the record. Altho idk why a dead dragon is supposed to be a demon :?

So that paladins would have an easier time tanking him, of course.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Re: Netherspite

Postby Downpour » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:55 am

brockb1 wrote:My main tank thinks it is because my aggro is much lower than his causing him to aggro someone else,

Why not have him pick him up at the start of each portal phase then?

A few seconds before he unbanishes himself, i run in and drop a consecrate, then have dps stop until the beams start. Unless i'm on the red beam, i stand in between 2 beams and when they fire up i tend to burn through all my mana then top myself off from a few seconds of green.

I've no idea if he actually clears aggro or not, it seems likely, but it's probably jumping onto a lock because they throw a dot on and it's the first thing that ticks, tell them to stop it and use consecrate.
Downpour

Postby Nikolaos » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:13 am

For some reason I forget why, we have a tank and healer stay behind during each banish phase, the tank is the one picking him up next, makes things alot easier.
Nikolaos

Postby Joonho » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:53 am

Wow... he really is a demon...
Joonho

Postby Warrender » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:04 am

Does it really matter if he's a Demon or Undead? Exorcism will work either way. :lol:
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations