Remove Advertisements

JoW/JoL math crunch and numbers

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

JoW/JoL math crunch and numbers

Postby qwyn » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:27 am

I was wondering if the math wizzes could crunch the numbers or if the forum foragers could link me to what these judges will do for a raid.

i had a hunter tell me that JoW translates to 70 mp5 for him, i would like to know where he got that figure and while were at it what kind of healing JoL will do (example: a rogue/feral druid will get X of healing over Y secs from JoL)

thanks for the help ^_^
if im holy specced its because i havent had time to clean the blood of my enemies off my arena gear yet
qwyn

Postby Mortehl » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:49 am

Assuming a 1 second attack speed, 50% proc rate, JoW will produce

2220 mana per minute (74*30). That equates to 185 MP5. Now modify for whatever attack speed is actually in play.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Afraithe » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:58 am

Ive noticed JoL can do a very high amount of the total heals for a fight, altho a lot of overhealing. Basicly, use it whenever you can on bosses where you have melee taking damage (Lurker, Void Reaver, Gruul, Maggy etc).
Afraithe

Postby Cames » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:09 am

I prefer JoL if I have a lot of melee DPS and getting enough damage to keep up my mana pool. If I am OTing without a lot of heals, I tend to use JoW to keep my mana pool up to get more threat.

As far as pure math, it is pretty simple. Just look at the PPM and see how many raiders will be using your procs and multiply.

\
What is not dead can eternal lie;
In strange aeons, even death may die.
Cames

Postby Arcand » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:07 pm

Grabbing a random raid list and BSing numbers...here's what we had for our Gruul attempt two weeks ago. (Ignore the numbers; I made myself some notes about peoples' weapon speeds.)

2 SPriest
3 Mage
3 Rogue 1.8/1.6 1.6/1.4
3 Warrior 2.6/1.8 3.5
2 Warlock
3 Hunter 2.8
1 EnhShaman
2 Bears
1 Arcand

At this point I need help; I don't know anything about a shadow priest's damage rotation.

3 magi, none of them arcane, each have a JoW proc chance every 2.5 seconds when not being interrupted.

3 rogues, apparently all daggers, getting around 1.2 autoattack per second plus their instants. Let's pretend they get 1.5 hits per second.

3 warriors, one fury and two prot; let's average them out at 0.8 hits per second or something.

2 warlocks, not sure of their builds. I'll assume one spams shadow bolts and the other does nothing but DoTs and drains. Can Drain Life proc JoW?

One enhancement shaman, dual-wielding, call him 1.2 hits per second.

Two bears. (We were trying it out, to allow all the warriors to Execute. Didn't work all that great.) What's the attack speed for a bear? Answer: 2.50.

I was in there banging away with my 1.9-speed healing hammer, keeping JoW up and healing.

The remaining people were healers who did no damage. (The priests knew JoW was up but apparently they didn't have time to wand or were hugging the walls or something.)

Help me fill in the gaps in my knowledge and I'll crunch you some hypothetical numbers.
Last edited by Arcand on Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcand

Postby corc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:54 pm

silly question, is the JoL procs threat to US or THEM?
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc

Postby jere » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:08 pm

The healing is attributed to them, so I would guess the threat follows suit, but that is just speculation on my part.
jere

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:15 pm

Since usually melee are being healed by other people, usually JoW is always the right choice.
The JoL procs can help in fights like Maiden where the melee take very little damage, but in a fight like Void Reaver for example, that isnt really going to heal 6k damages in 12 seconds.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby neokai » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:02 pm

Another thing to note, JoL does not proc on spells iirc, so the only range guys to benefit would be hunters when they do autoshot. JoW works on all spells and abilitiies, including the first application of dots.

I'm a big advocate for JoW, partly becoz i myself benefit fully from the mana regen, but mainly becoz my raid is 2/3 caster based and they always want more mana.
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.
My warcraftpets profile here

neokai

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:15 pm

neokai wrote:I'm a big advocate for JoW, partly becoz i myself benefit fully from the mana regen, but mainly becoz my raid is 2/3 caster based and they always want more mana.

Well not like you bring more than 4-5 melee excluding tanks unless you really lack ranged dps... Most of the encounters is SO melee unfriendly actually =\
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Afraithe » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:02 am

Some stats for you.

http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=th ... 155&ab=266

According to those stats, JoL healed around 255k. But with around 50% overheal average.
Afraithe

Postby Steve » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:21 am

Judgment of light only procs on melee attacks, as per the tooltip.

If you can only use one judgment, judgment of wisdom is usually your best bet. If you have lots of melee dps and a warlock to keep unstable affliction up (causing the JoL bug) then it's likely worthwhile to use JoL instead if there's a good chunk of splash damage to melee. (Lurker fight is a pretty good example of this as the above WWS parse shows.)
Steve

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations