Attack speed, reckoning and parries

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Attack speed, reckoning and parries

Postby Magnusharkov » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:49 am

I just read some intresting theorycraft on a tankadin blog (can't remember who's it was) and I was just wondering whether anyone else had any opinions on it.

Basically the idea was that as well as looking at the effect of WS on parries tankadins should consider that there is an easier way to reduce parries - get a slower attack speed. It sounds obvious but going from a 1.8speed weapon to a 2.7 seems like it will reduce the amount of parries more than putting points into WS. Also along the same lines reckoning could actually be seen as a talent which increases your threat but gives a slightly higher chance of you eating parries.

Thinking about it I'm seriously considering getting myself a gavel and respeccing to a 0/49/12 non reckoning build, I'm not exactly sure where to put the spare points though.

Does anyone else have any thoughts about this?
Magnusharkov

Postby Glam » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:04 am

I have read the blog that you are in reference to as well. I've also seen a few other places where this has been questioned. I myself am thinking of dropping Reckoning for Guardian's Favor (mostly for dealing with Nightbane fears).
I too am curious as to what others think about this subject and what they might do with the extra points.
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am... PALADIN!"
Armory - http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... ore&n=Glam

Glam
Lvl 80 Dwarf Paladin
Proudmore
Glam

heya

Postby Mavrix » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:12 am

I like my gavel of unearthed secrets for other reasons, sounds like you may have just given me another reason to like it.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Solthas » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:13 pm

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

This then, I suppose? Get partial WE and Guardians Favor along with full precision. Theoretically that would significantly reduce parries.

And I don't recall just how much threat reckoning is given 50+% avoidance (I think I run with 55-60 miss/dodge/parry raid buffed), but is it not possible that your white/SoR threat increase from not missing as often outweighs the loss of reckoning threat?

I suppose if you are a dedicated raid tank, Guardian's Favor is unnecessary, allowing for full WE as well.
Solthas

Postby Maulininis » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:53 pm

Solthas wrote:I suppose if you are a dedicated raid tank, Guardian's Favor is unnecessary, allowing for full WE as well.

Slightly off topic, I'm my guilds MT and the amount of times Guardians Favour has been cool I've lost count of. Admittedly more so on trash where another tank fails to grab aggro or something, having BoP up and ready for the next pull is kinda cool.
Maulininis

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations