Glyph of Righteous Defense, 3.0.8

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Tasartir » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:54 am

daemonym wrote:
Martie wrote:I don't think I've seen hand of reckoning miss yet.

I'll go do some testing.

i haven't seen it miss yet, but i have seen it do nothing. no focus, no threat change, no nothing. just a 61 point bitch slap. oddly enough my back up taunt is more likely to fail than my primary one, shouldn't that be reversed? if rd doesn't work or it's a time like on 4h, i want my so called back up to actually back me up, not risk failing even harder.

I'd prefer to have the more reliable one first. If your going to rely on your back up more, then why bother with the first one. - it's less reliable, so use it less often.
Tasartir

Postby Belarkan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:19 am

Makaijin wrote:Not to burst your bubble, but they're talking about Sapph being immune, while that WWS is for Malygos.

My point was that HoR works where RD doesn't.
I can't explained why an overcapped touch RD would fail while HoR worked.

@daemonym:
HoR can miss, I had one on the 4H last night and no damage was done.
This being said, could it be possible that it is a double spell ? First one is a damage done, if it succeed another hit test is made on the taunt itself ?
Belarkan

Postby Janduin » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:25 am

Belarkan wrote:
Makaijin wrote:Not to burst your bubble, but they're talking about Sapph being immune, while that WWS is for Malygos.

My point was that HoR works where RD doesn't.
I can't explained why an overcapped touch RD would fail while HoR worked.

@daemonym:
HoR can miss, I had one on the 4H last night and no damage was done.
This being said, could it be possible that it is a double spell ? First one is a damage done, if it succeed another hit test is made on the taunt itself ?

The only times where HoR would be superior to RD would be to taunt something without a target (RD wouldn't work at all) or if you really need to ensure you only get a single mob. Both these happen rarely enough (and typically I know beforehand when I will need to do this) that I see absolutely no reason not to have HoR be my backup taunt and RD the primary one.
Janduin

Postby Belarkan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:46 pm

Janduin wrote:The only times where HoR would be superior to RD would be to taunt something without a target (RD wouldn't work at all) or if you really need to ensure you only get a single mob. Both these happen rarely enough (and typically I know beforehand when I will need to do this) that I see absolutely no reason not to have HoR be my backup taunt and RD the primary one.

I agree RD is our primary taunt.
However, as you could see from the logs, RD missed with the glyph + over 100 hit ratin (I had a bit more than what the armory actually shows).
Belarkan

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations