Remove Advertisements

Glyph of Righteous Defense, 3.0.8

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Glyph of Righteous Defense, 3.0.8

Postby Iselian » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Does this apply to Hand of Reckoning? Should we be using RD over Hand o' Reck, due to the glyph? Has this been discussed, and I'm just being a repetitive idiot? Thanks in advance.
Iselian

Postby Orms » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:49 pm

im considering dropping the glyph of RD since i have a back up taunt in case of miss. There are no good replacements though so I dont know what to do just yet.
Orms

Postby Martie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:59 am

I don't think I've seen hand of reckoning miss yet.

I'll go do some testing.
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Martie

Postby Lisson » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:09 am

ive had a few miss's... but not many.
Lisson

Re: Glyph of Righteous Defense, 3.0.8

Postby QuantumDelta » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:21 am

Iselian wrote:Does this apply to Hand of Reckoning? Should we be using RD over Hand o' Reck, due to the glyph? Has this been discussed, and I'm just being a repetitive idiot? Thanks in advance.

No, it definitely does not apply to HoR.
Neither are on a GCD and RD is free.
They have their situational differences so there is absolutely no one rule for it's use.
Though for solo taunts I tend to use RD still where I can.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Tats » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:20 pm

i dropped RD glyph for the exorcism glyph awhile ago, and it has worked out nice so far. atleast, until t8
Tats

Postby Alrinea » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:36 am

i'd probably go for the AS Glyph as we are supposed to see more TPS-challenging fights in ulduar (and malygos isnt that easy nowadays either).
Alrinea

Postby Ashmadai » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm not sure how the AS glyph would help your threat whatsoever. AS is only used on the pull. I mean, I guess you could plug it in for a judgement when it's off CD for extra damage, but that's once every 30 seconds and even with the AS glyph I can't see how that would net more than the tiniest TPS increase.

Also, I will not get rid of my RD glyph just because I still use RD in every situation other than the few where HoReck is superior(4h, things where I don't want to taunt more than 1.) I mean, RD is still a better taunt, 3 targets and 40 yard range instead of 30. And if I can guarantee it's never going to miss, I'm going to do that.

Now when they put in glyphs that actually mean something for our spec other than the SoCorruption one, then I'll think about changing out the RD glyph.
Last edited by Ashmadai on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashmadai

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:52 pm

AS glyph is actually bigger TPS increase than Judgement glyph assuming you use it on cd.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ashmadai » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:56 pm

But the judgement glyph doesn't have to be changed when I respec to DPS. =) Not to mention I love hitting 3 targets with AS. Makes killing trash that much faster and easier for AoE to start.
Ashmadai

Postby Dhani » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 am

RD is still king in certain situations. I believe Sapph is immune to normal taunts but is definitely tauntable by RD, so if your healers lose their heads for 10 seconds the fight isn't a wash if the MT goes down.
Dhani

Postby Ardelia » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:34 am

Dhani wrote:I believe Sapph is immune to normal taunts but is definitely tauntable by RD, so if your healers lose their heads for 10 seconds the fight isn't a wash if the MT goes down.

I highly doubt this is the case...that would mean Blizzard made a mob tauntable by only one tank.
Ardelia

Postby Janduin » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:38 am

Ardelia wrote:
Dhani wrote:I believe Sapph is immune to normal taunts but is definitely tauntable by RD, so if your healers lose their heads for 10 seconds the fight isn't a wash if the MT goes down.

I highly doubt this is the case...that would mean Blizzard made a mob tauntable by only one tank.

It's not the case, having tried to taunt Sapphiron many times and failed always.
Janduin

Postby Dhani » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:47 am

He might react to HoReck then, because I fired them in rapid succession after the MT went down and I know one went through, and one flung a giant "IMMUNE" in my face. I thought it was the HoReck that didn't go through but I suppose it could be the other way around.

I definitely taunted him though to finish the attempt to victory, so I know one went through.
Dhani

Postby thenNATEgoes » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:27 am

Dhani wrote:RD is still king in certain situations. I believe Sapph is immune to normal taunts but is definitely tauntable by RD, so if your healers lose their heads for 10 seconds the fight isn't a wash if the MT goes down.

He's definitely immune. Perhaps you were second on threat which is why you picked it up easily?
thenNATEgoes

Next

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations