Remove Advertisements

Any real justification for using Titanium Plating?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Zironic » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:23 am

Personally I think we should enchant to the strenght of our class, we're built around a 100% blockrate and I think we should take advantage of that by getting a high blockvalue.

Gearing, enchanting and gemming for stamina just makes us gimped druids.
Zironic

Postby Ashmadai » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:53 pm

If there was like a 40 stam to shield enchant, I would most definitely have it. As it is, I'm using 20 defense to shield, but as soon as I get my stupid 4h helm and repelling charge, I will be going to the BV plating. 20 defense is .48% pure avoidance before diminishing returns, which means I'm maybe getting .30% out of it. I will gladly take the 52 SBV I get out of the plating.
Ashmadai

Postby Ascendant » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:04 am

I am finding block value very fun to stack. I don't bother keeping avoidance/stam gear for certain bosses. I have main tanked every boss in the game at this point and have had no problems in full block gear.

for current content, it really doesn't matter. BV increases my dps and gives me a niche that our feral druid tank can't provide. it is a really nice combo; feral druid for HP soaking encounters (when we think we might need it), and prot paladin with 2k raid buffed block value for everything else.

BV tank can handle armor debuffs, healing debuffs, and flurry buffs better than HP soakers.

HP soakers can handle stuns (or any avoidance drops) and heavy spell hits (probably DK preference) better than BV tanks.
Ascendant

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations