Remove Advertisements

Nate's Diminishing Returns Spreadsheet (Updated)

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Nate's Diminishing Returns Spreadsheet (Updated)

Postby thenNATEgoes » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:53 am

Nate's Diminishing Returns Spreadsheet

Assumptions are made for both Paladin and Warrior that the following talents are taken:

Talents assumed taken:
Warrior's: 5/5 Anticipation, 2/2 Shield Mastery, 5/5 Toughness, 3/3 Vitality and 5/5 Deflection.
Paladin's: 5/5 Divine Strength, 5/5 Anticipation, 5/5 Toughness, 2/2 Sacred Duty, 5/5 Combat Expertise, 3/3 Redoubt and 5/5 Deflection

For the most part I updated the entire spreadsheet, cleaned up the general format.

There is still a bias for determining effective health when mitigation is greater than 102.4% where this time of gearing is only the most effective on 2~3 raid bosses in this current content.

I currently use this most often to compare possible gem choices and gear enchants, prior to actually purchasing them. As well as getting close to 689 defense rating as close as possible while maxing out other stats.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?lwqezjndywi
Alternative Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lwqezjndywi/DRPARTDOS.xls

Compatibility: Open Office and Excel

Spreadsheet is no longer compatible with GoogleDoc's. A free and good alternative to excel is Open Office which runs on Java.

Again all suggestions for improvent is appreciated.

Just finished updating the spreadsheet for 3.0.8 as well as including warriors in the calculations. Any who, I'm not planning to make a Google Doc Version anytime soon… So if you don't have excel atm tough luck… But I'm sure it is compatible with Open Office so if you don't have Excel go pick that up for free.

Assumptions are made for both Paladin and Warrior that all talents that boost survivability are taken.

Talents assumed taken:
Warrior's: 5/5 Shield Specialization, 5/5 Anticipation, 2/2 Shield Mastery, 5/5 Toughness, 3/3 Vitality and 5/5 Deflection.
Paladin's: 5/5 Divine Strength, 5/5 Anticipation, 5/5 Toughness, 2/2 Sacred Duty, 5/5 Combat Expertise, 3/3 Redoubt and 5/5 Deflection

I'm still not 100% sure on warrior base stamina, can't access a few sites here at work that would help me figure those out as well as tauren bonus hp/stam racial.

So any help with that is appreciated, as well as some testing.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?dn3wlmftmjz
Alternative Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dn3wlmftmjz/DR308UPDATE.xls
Updated 01/27/09 Fixed DR calculation on miss.

Credit
First of all I want to thank the folks over at Elitist Jerks for their information/formulas.

As well as harlekin for his original spreadsheet, his gave me a motivation to make this one work the way I wanted it to.

Main Differences
The main use of this spreadsheet is to be able to pull your stats directly from your armory page. Then input whatever gear/items you find online and see if that's a possible upgrade as far as stats go. To get more concise information other than wowarmory.com I prefer armorylite.com. Again, no further "base" calculations need to be figured out by the user of the spreadsheet other than block value which is not displayed on your armory, but something you have to mouse over each gear. (Don't forget to include block from shield into your calculations as well as the Block Value from gear). I tried to make this spreadsheet as easily accessible to any user so there is no confusion.

I have included race selection into the formula with base agility for each possible paladin race. This is in order to calculate a more accurate dodge with diminishing returns.

I just finished it this morning and added a few last minute things such as: Improved Devotion Aura and Blocked Damage.

If anyone has any further information on the accuracy of the Blocked Damage as well as the proper calculations for Improved Devotion Aura, please let me know.

Update 01/07/2009: Found correct formula to determine block value will update spreadsheets this evening

If any bugs are found or "off-the-wall" calculations are incorrect please reply to this thread.

Downloads
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zmzzydenn ... Google.xls // Alternate Updated: 01-08-09 12:35PM
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rnoe1o0om ... _Excel.xls // Alternate Updated: 01-08-09 12:35PM
Also
If anyone knows a better file hosting site pleast let me know =/

Updates:
An alternative way of getting the spreadsheet to those who don't feel comfortable with mediafire is through this link:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pOoaeqDSmrEr92fo8p3gCHA
You can not edit it, but you may go to File > Export > .xls Then save the spreadsheet to your system.

Changes
-Included +2% Armor Value Meta
-Updated Armor Formula to included Agility
-Fixed Strength Total for Item1 (Thanks Hearthy!)
-Fixed Hit Points in Item2 (Was Defaulting to included + Miner Bonus)
Last edited by thenNATEgoes on Sat May 30, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 13 times in total.
thenNATEgoes

Postby thenNATEgoes » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:59 pm

Anyone have a more reliable file host where people can try out the spreadsheet easily? I assume people are being cautious with all these views, which is a good thing. So yarr, would like to make people feel more comfortable trying this out.
thenNATEgoes

Postby thenNATEgoes » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Updated spreadsheets at 5:00PM Block Value should now be correctly displaying accurate information.
thenNATEgoes

Postby thenNATEgoes » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:07 am

Well it appears people seem to be downloading either versions of the spreadsheet. Feedback would definitely be appreciated, especially with the accuracy of some numbers! There are a few changes that need to be made, but hopefully I'll be able to get to that this weekend.
thenNATEgoes

Postby harlekin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:44 am

If I can figure out how to add an account for you on my server, I have no problem hosting it for you. It's not like the traffic for a few theorycrafting files will cripple my guild site. :)

[edit] Also, this is somewhat the direction I've been wanting to take my spreadsheet, I just haven't had time. Makes my life easier. ;)
Shadow Council - US - Horde
Xandreth (80) - Prot Paladin - MT
Tyrenn (80) - Arcane Mage (please blizz, fix frost!)
Saege (80) - Tree

Progression: EQ, Anarchy, DAoC, EQ, WoW (yes, EQ twice)
harlekin

Postby thenNATEgoes » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:09 pm

harlekin wrote:If I can figure out how to add an account for you on my server, I have no problem hosting it for you. It's not like the traffic for a few theorycrafting files will cripple my guild site. :)

[edit] Also, this is somewhat the direction I've been wanting to take my spreadsheet, I just haven't had time. Makes my life easier. ;)

Haha that would be awesome! Definitely appreciated, also consider this "opensource" spreadsheeting, lol.

The only "new" formula I had discovered while making the spreadsheet is how the server calculates blocked damage.

sb=block # on shield
bv=block value from gear
30% from talents.

(((strength/2)-10)+sb+bv)*1.3

I have to do a bit more testing tonight, I'm almost positive the armor from base agility isn't included in the talent multiplier.
thenNATEgoes

Postby Hearthy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:06 pm

The total strength with Item 1 (cell G13) is off. Probably just a typo since Item 2 (H13) looks fine.
Hearthy

Postby thenNATEgoes » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Hearthy wrote:The total strength with Item 1 (cell G13) is off. Probably just a typo since Item 2 (H13) looks fine.

Thank you! Just finished fixing and uploading the new spreadsheet. Today I added in the multiplier to included agility into the armor "bonus." So I'm hoping it all works out correctly. I'm sure I'll be online tonight to test it further make sure I have some of the functions correct.

I'm making the assumption that the base armor from agility is not included into the multiplier.

I also included the +2% armor meta gem into the armor calculation.

Other than a few things I'm almost postive the data is accurate :P Lately I've been using the spreadsheet to determine upgrade paths through Badge Loot :P As well as "pretending" to enchant/regem certain gear seeing what I'll get out of it.

Future goal would be to work on one that would be able to compare all 4 tank types. Which I'm sure would be popular amongst raid leaders and puggers, who have equally skilled tanks but would like an idea of which one is more equipped.
thenNATEgoes

Postby saranya » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:28 am

this is nice so far. thanks. kind of makes me wish I didn't pick up the breastplate of tormented rage last night. lol.
saranya

Postby thenNATEgoes » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:43 am

saranya wrote:this is nice so far. thanks. kind of makes me wish I didn't pick up the breastplate of tormented rage last night. lol.

Heh. >.< It's great for people who have to worry about dkp and wondering whether or not they should spend it on a side grade, etc. Plug in your stats before the run, keep it open and just alt tab to it real quick when rolling on loot!
thenNATEgoes

Postby saranya » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:30 pm

thenNATEgoes wrote:
saranya wrote:this is nice so far. thanks. kind of makes me wish I didn't pick up the breastplate of tormented rage last night. lol.

Heh. >.< It's great for people who have to worry about dkp and wondering whether or not they should spend it on a side grade, etc. Plug in your stats before the run, keep it open and just alt tab to it real quick when rolling on loot!

hehe, it just happened the night I didn't have my list opened up (i dual screen).

at least it was an upgrade coming from the wyrmrest accord chest piece i had on. it was kind of buyers remorse I guess since I was close to getting the Heroes' redemption chest or could have held out for the valorous token to drop (with the amount of DK tokens dropping..no chance that happening soon lol).

anyways, depending on whose "tankadin" pts list u go by, I don't feel too bad taking the tormented chest. just means I'll use the tokens to get a ret chest piece :)
saranya

Postby thenNATEgoes » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:29 am

Updated check original post.
thenNATEgoes

Postby thenNATEgoes » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:59 am

Updated 01/27/09 Fixed DR calculation on miss.

Also any suggestions/feedback is appreciated, so don't hesitate!
thenNATEgoes

Postby Hearthy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:20 am

thenNATEgoes wrote:Also any suggestions/feedback is appreciated, so don't hesitate!

Could you add a checkbox for Mark of the Wild? And maybe some way of accounting for the Enhancing Totems and Improved Mark of the Wild talents?
Hearthy

Postby Eanin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:00 am

Awesome tool! I concur - it really needs a Mark of the Wild check box. That's a standard raid buff.
Eanin

Next

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations