@WE Fanatics

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:28 pm

Blaen99 wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:
Neuron wrote:Well, your sig says 135 spell damage. Is that right?

I logged out in my Maulgar set apparently.

I run between 330 and 580 spell damage typically.

Well what does 2/2/1/2 imp judgement mean? That's a good amount of spell dmg, you should be fine without Imp SoR, I'd say most pally tanks do not have that talent. I'm not sure what's missing.

2/2 OR 1/2 Imp Judgement.

(There's no difference in any paladin's cycle between 2/2 and 1/2 typically. I have 2 cycles that take advantage of the difference - of 12 now. 1/2 is the optimal points in all honesty. But 1/2 is a big difference from 0/2.)

And unfortunately, I'm -not- fine without imp SoR.

As I mentioned, I actually lost aggro with this new build. I'm looking at my TPS figures (Both 30-second and full fight), and they have dropped markedly with this new build (Something around ~8%-12% depending on fight).

Well losing aggro is a multi-part problem, it could have been the DPS or the lack of Salv or even RF. You shouldn't be having aggro issues with 330 - 580 spell dmg. I'd say that most prot pallys don't have Imp SoR and would even say that most have less than 300 spell dmg, and I would assume they aren't having a problem with threat. Without specifics (like a WWS parse), I can only assume that you are doing something different.

Obviously, if SoR/JoR is doing 15% more dmg, everything else being equal, you do more threat with that build. However, given our other sources of threat, Holy Shield, Consecrate, Melee Dmg, Ret Aura, BoSanc etc. you should not be seeing a 12% drop in total threat caused by a 15% increase in just SoR/JoR, that's almost mathematically impossible.

Can you link the two builds and provide a WWS parse?

Personally I like the 10/41/10 build, it was my initial tankadin build (though for SF, imp SoR at that time sucked) and I used it after 2.1 with imp SoR for a bit, but there were some things I liked better with the 0/49/12 build so that's what I've been lately, both builds can be pretty close in both threat and mitigation. Saying a non 10/41/10 build is inferior for threat but may slightly increase mitigation is a bit of a loaded statement. One could quite easily also say that a 0/49/12 build provides superior mitigation but may generate slightly less threat.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Re: heh

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:38 pm

Mavrix wrote:I've been 10/41/10 for an exceedingly long time. Posted about it months ago. Went with it the day the patch went live that put in the 1handed specialization changes. Never regretted the changes. :)

Well Imp SoR got a lot more attractive when it started factoring in spell damage instead of only increasing the base value, which was also part of that patch. It was pretty crappy until they made that change.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations