Ouch...

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Ouch...

Postby Girard » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:28 am

http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=jwhbk4zvy5a3e&a=0

Some context:
1) this is our first attempt on the night and a wipe.
2) we had 4 tanks (our drood was to double tank.. but I ended up doing so)
3) I'm on the last channeler and using Sun Eater w/ Mongoose for maximum mitigation/avoidance.

My offensive abilities.. sucked. 13% parried? 5% dodged? At least my miss chance wtfpwned at 1% (vs 2%, 4% and 7% of our other tanks)

Any way to drop this?
Girard

Re: Ouch...

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:16 pm

Girard wrote:http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=jwhbk4zvy5a3e&a=0

Some context:
1) this is our first attempt on the night and a wipe.
2) we had 4 tanks (our drood was to double tank.. but I ended up doing so)
3) I'm on the last channeler and using Sun Eater w/ Mongoose for maximum mitigation/avoidance.

My offensive abilities.. sucked. 13% parried? 5% dodged? At least my miss chance wtfpwned at 1% (vs 2%, 4% and 7% of our other tanks)

Any way to drop this?

Just with precison, weapons expertise, and plus hit items. Honestly, I've been doing some comparisons with my guild's MT and going over his stats and such via web parses. He misses a lot less than me and there doesn't seem to be a mathematical reason for it. I'm almost starting to question whether or not I'm bugged in some way. According to the armory you are a human with 3/3 precision and 5/5 Weapons Expertise, or is that someone else?

Looking at your other tanks though, you seem to be in their range of misses as well.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Jarkeld » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:20 pm

All our attacks are white dmg, other classes have a lot of non white attacks, which work in different ways, are you taking that into consideration?
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Re: Ouch...

Postby Girard » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:28 am

[quote="FridmarrJust with precison, weapons expertise, and plus hit items. Honestly, I've been doing some comparisons with my guild's MT and going over his stats and such via web parses. He misses a lot less than me and there doesn't seem to be a mathematical reason for it. I'm almost starting to question whether or not I'm bugged in some way. According to the armory you are a human with 3/3 precision and 5/5 Weapons Expertise, or is that someone else?

Looking at your other tanks though, you seem to be in their range of misses as well.[/quote]
Nope, that's me! =)

So I effectively have the same weapon skill as level 73 mobs, plus 3% less chance to miss.. so my misses are right where they are supposed to be: 1%.

It's my parries that worry me. Parries == faster attacks == more spikey damage.
Girard

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations