Remove Advertisements

Is our threat too defensive?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Aurica » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:14 pm

Vanifae wrote:Needs more Spell damage.

My warriors can rarely keep up with me at times.

I need to see ur armory profile.. to guage how much i need to gear up on.

I'm sitting at 385 SD, and i have trouble rebuilding aggro on Void Reaver...
Aurica

Postby Vanifae » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:41 pm

enbee wrote:
Vanifae wrote:Needs more Spell damage.

My warriors can rarely keep up with me at times.

When you're offtanking?

Failure to read, off tanking is a different story seeing as I am stuck in Kara, not enough people for the higher tiers; I can't comment there.

:) it's hot I was confused.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Phaex » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:12 am

Uh why so offensive enbee.
Maybe it was me who started this. English is not my native language, so please excuse me ; ). I'll record a WWS on next Gruul/VR. Maybe this will be enough to prove that i know what i'm talking about, when i say:

we are not at a disadvantage while offtanking.
Phaex

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:22 am

Paladins generate more threat than Warriors while offtanking. Revenge is slightly more of their threat than Holy Shield is ours, and rage starvation is much much worse than mana starvation. The mana from a mana potion lasts us a lot longer than rage from a rage potion does a Warrior, and we can make use of shadow priests/mana tide shaman whereas a Warrior just has to swing away.

Druids still beat both classes quite handily.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:11 am

Lore wrote:Paladins generate more threat than Warriors while offtanking. Revenge is slightly more of their threat than Holy Shield is ours, and rage starvation is much much worse than mana starvation. The mana from a mana potion lasts us a lot longer than rage from a rage potion does a Warrior, and we can make use of shadow priests/mana tide shaman whereas a Warrior just has to swing away.

Druids still beat both classes quite handily.

Considering a healthy rage gain offtank fight, gruul hugging the aoe, and void reaver with constant aoe, a warrior can fill every gcd while were throwing out mana at an alarming rate just doing sor jor and consecrate and AS every 30s , and to do that you need to chuck a mana pot the second you drop 2k mana and then every 2 mins for the remainder of the fight. Warriors can fill that gcd where they normally use revenge to do an extra devestate whilst we can't replace holy shield with anything (provided they can get the rage ofc), but at the end of the day druids take both classes to school so I guess it doesn't matter.

What's a paragraph??
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:17 am

They can't get the rage though. OT warriors, even on fights like Gruul or Void Reaver, can barely Shield Slam every time it comes up. On the other hand, we can keep everything going constantly for a good 5-10 minutes with plenty of potting and maybe a shadow priest.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Shalon » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:52 am

Phaex wrote:Uh why so offensive enbee.
Maybe it was me who started this. English is not my native language, so please excuse me ; ). I'll record a WWS on next Gruul/VR. Maybe this will be enough to prove that i know what i'm talking about, when i say:

we are not at a disadvantage while offtanking.

Sure :D
I came here to learn.
Please feel free to show me how you work on those fights.
Or tell me how many spell damage i should aim for.
Shalon

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations