Remove Advertisements

Mongoose enchant

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Mongoose enchant

Postby Selye » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:52 pm

This seemed like the best place to ask this, given that it involves at least a little theorycrafting comparison. Also, since it's my first post, hi all! ^_^ Don't have a tankadin yet myself, but I'm working on rolling one, since my 70 mage is kind of lacking in terms of, erm, tankyness. And silly Blizzard won't let me switch my 60 Human Pally for a 60 Blood Elf Pally on a non-RP server >.< . Anyway.

For those situations when you're forced in to, or have the option of, using a "normal" tank weapon (i.e., Blazeguard or the Sun Eater or whatever), would it be a feasibly valid tactic to enchant that weapon with Mongoose for the +120 Agi and attack speed proc, judge Light or Wisdom or what have you, and seal Blood for the double proc chance?

Obviously Alliance Paladins can't take advantage of this, but would Mongoose proc enough under these circumstances when you can use this to make it worth trying to enchant? Or is the always on bonus of something like +15 Agi better, or one of the other enchants?
Selye

Postby Lore » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:12 pm

Mongoose is a pretty amazing proc in terms of mitigation, I would definitely go for it in that regard.
Lore
Global Mod

Re: Mongoose enchant

Postby Dreamcrusher » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:38 pm

Selye wrote:For those situations when you're forced in to, or have the option of, using a "normal" tank weapon (i.e., Blazeguard or the Sun Eater or whatever), would it be a feasibly valid tactic to enchant that weapon with Mongoose for the +120 Agi and attack speed proc, judge Light or Wisdom or what have you, and seal Blood for the double proc chance?

Obviously Alliance Paladins can't take advantage of this, but would Mongoose proc enough under these circumstances when you can use this to make it worth trying to enchant? Or is the always on bonus of something like +15 Agi better, or one of the other enchants?

I tend to agree. In an ideal situation, you have a giant agro lead, more than enough mana, and can afford to switch from Continuum with 40 spelldamage to Blazeguard/King's Defender/Sun Eater, etc. with Mongoose is probably your best weapon, especially with JoL/Seal of Blood
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Anatheme » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:27 am

a friend testing mongoose told me that it was something like 1 proc per minute or so, and 2% haste, for 15 seconds. thus making it an average +30 agi increase, and not really revelant hast increase. Could anyone confirm this? Even if it's a really nice boost in mitigation when it proc, that would make it not so worthy?
"Anatheme c'est la reroll de Benediction."
- Yshuta

My armory
Anatheme

Postby Lore » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:47 am

Comments on Wowhead seem to indicate that it's 1 PPM as well. As far as the effect on avoidance, that's still pretty great.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Bluemania » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:40 pm

Hmmm...

The advantage seems to be a larger amount of agi but on random occurance. This would make it better for healers, as you're mitigating more damage - on average -

If your healers are going OOM, this would be worthwhile
If you're going down randomly, i'd be more keen on +15 agi...
Bluemania

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations