what's your prefered stat to stack?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

uncrit, block cap, ???

as much avoidance as humanly possible.
16
13%
stam. if i get stunned it helps me stay alive long enough.
32
25%
hit/expertise for pure threat and exploding meters.
2
2%
strength, great threat and uber BV is my friend.
24
19%
whatever i happen to get frist/CBH.
7
5%
little of everything, i like balanced stats.
47
37%
 
Total votes : 128

Postby Meliora » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Int! (>^.^)>
Image
User avatar
Meliora
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Postby Nehor » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:54 pm

It seems with diminishing returns on our defensive stats a balanced approuch is being encouraged to maximize the use of avaiable gear slots. The only tank class I feel sorry for though is the Druid. They depend on dodge so much that DR may hurt them more than help them. Will have to wait and see.
Cowards die many times before thier death, the valiant taste of death only once.

Nehor 85 Silvermoon, US
Jagged Edge Guild
Nehor
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:03 am
Location: Mesa, AZ

Postby Levantine » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:39 pm

Int, so I don't run out of mana. Nub tankadins stacking things like avoidance and stamina.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10818
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Postby knaughty » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:50 pm

Levantine wrote:Int, so I don't run out of mana. Nub tankadins stacking things like avoidance and stamina.

Spirit, so I regen mana faster when tanking so I don't go OOM.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
User avatar
knaughty
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Zoltar » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:26 pm

Hawtness - gotta look good :P
.
.
.
User avatar
Zoltar
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:17 pm

Postby PsiVen » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:13 pm

Pure SBV also isn't on the list (I'm definitely NOT stacking STR for threat reasons)

And in any case hit/expertise are pretty bad for threat...
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:50 pm

PsiVen wrote:And in any case hit/expertise are pretty bad for threat...


Really? I'd've thought expertise would have been ideal, after str.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Postby xstrykr » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:08 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
PsiVen wrote:And in any case hit/expertise are pretty bad for threat...


Really? I'd've thought expertise would have been ideal, after str.


Expertise really is a bit of a joke for us. 85% of our damage comes from consecration/hammer/shield/SoV/ShoR/judgement/other CDs that we throw that expertise really doesn't help the 15% that comes from our white DPS.

Granted, that number's probably a touch high... probably because I kinda based it on my own Recount stats and I've got reckoning as it is... but still. The only time that I can see Expertise really helping us out is if we're fighting a mob that has a pretty high parry/dodge chance, like Prince.
Image
xstrykr
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: US-Maelstrom / Irvine, CA

Postby Korbah » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:56 pm

xstrykr wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:
PsiVen wrote:And in any case hit/expertise are pretty bad for threat...


Really? I'd've thought expertise would have been ideal, after str.


Expertise really is a bit of a joke for us. 85% of our damage comes from consecration/hammer/shield/SoV/ShoR/judgement/other CDs that we throw that expertise really doesn't help the 15% that comes from our white DPS.

Granted, that number's probably a touch high... probably because I kinda based it on my own Recount stats and I've got reckoning as it is... but still. The only time that I can see Expertise really helping us out is if we're fighting a mob that has a pretty high parry/dodge chance, like Prince.

I would have thought that expertise would have helped HotR since it can be deflected. Are you sure that it does not help? And ShoR cannot be dodged or parried either?
Korbah
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Postby wawel » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:45 am

Dodge and stamina. I like to keep it balanced but i prefer dodge over stamina ( i mean i would take 5 dodge and 4 stam over 6 stam and 4 dodge if that gems existed ;) ).
Image
wawel
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:07 am
Location: Cracov/Poland

Postby Mehnalas » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 am

Lucislasus wrote:I like HP because HP=Prestige.
Which is bullshit though.
THis to an extent. I like having a good amount of health at least in town because it makes me look more attractive to people who know jack about pally tanks.
Lore(lol) wrote:Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mehnalas
User avatar
Mehnalas
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 7:54 am

Postby Blutreich » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Korbah wrote:
xstrykr wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:
PsiVen wrote:And in any case hit/expertise are pretty bad for threat...


Really? I'd've thought expertise would have been ideal, after str.


Expertise really is a bit of a joke for us. 85% of our damage comes from consecration/hammer/shield/SoV/ShoR/judgement/other CDs that we throw that expertise really doesn't help the 15% that comes from our white DPS.

Granted, that number's probably a touch high... probably because I kinda based it on my own Recount stats and I've got reckoning as it is... but still. The only time that I can see Expertise really helping us out is if we're fighting a mob that has a pretty high parry/dodge chance, like Prince.

I would have thought that expertise would have helped HotR since it can be deflected. Are you sure that it does not help? And ShoR cannot be dodged or parried either?


used nothing but shield punch to kill a prot warrior in lots of perty epics
ran all hits or crits on him never a single dodge block parry miss deflect
Image
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Image
Blutreich
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:51 am

Postby vschiano2008 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:23 am

when i was a nub, i thought it was all about HP. some tanks still think like that. I cant resist a sexy 5 dodge rating socket bonus, or something like that.

I really do LoL at tanks that have literally every single socket with a 12 or 15 stam gem. or 2 stam trinkets. or 150 health to chest! (when you armory them and they have 470 defense ^^.. if you are uber then you are uber..)

then i realized the importance of defense!

my healbot is my girlfriend, and when she started to qq that i took alot of damage.. i learned how much avoidance and BV is worth it. in these new regular instances, she says i take no damage and dps's.

I can't lie- when you've got agil totem down tanking hyjal trash with sloppy healers, your commendation procs and you click your pocketwatch and see 65%+ dodge on tankadin its like DAMN!
Image
vschiano2008
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:10 am

Postby theshard » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:08 am

I like it balanced but I usually default to stam since most of my healers tell me I barely take any damage. The other day I was waiting for some guilies for a run in SV and while waiting I pulled the first two pulls. I was blocking all the incoming damage except for a few points of damage. (A few equals <10.)
Image
theshard
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Postby Papewaio » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:15 am

Knaughty wrote:
Levantine wrote:Int, so I don't run out of mana. Nub tankadins stacking things like avoidance and stamina.

Spirit, so I regen mana faster when tanking so I don't go OOM.


Idiot. Everybody knows that paladins stack crit for mana longevity
Papewaio
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest