Remove Advertisements

Lady Vashj

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Lady Vashj

Postby Buldozer » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:27 am

My guild is currently on lady vashj and kael, and I'm not sure what my role for vashj would be. Is a prot paladin useful for these fights? Or should I be backing off until these bosses are on farm? From what I've seen vashj is a heavy dps fight and prot pallies don't have too great of non-tank DPS.\

What I've done on attempts where I get a raid slot:
For phase 2 I pick the naga's up and bring them to the warrior MT, who usually will take the mob off me because he mitigates more damage. When she goes into phase 3 i take the mobs from him then start to loldps on vashj. I feel like this isn't really much contribution to the raid and I am questioning myself if I am worthy of a raid slot over another tank.
Any pointers?
Buldozer

Postby Ayasune » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:28 am

Basically, have a look @ Lores Post about this:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... .php?t=668

Well then, what i do...i'll update this post later, just gotta get to work right now^^
Ayasune

Postby enbee » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:48 am

I tank vashj together with a warrior in p1, I freedom out of roots quickly to pick her up, taunt when the warrior gets stunned, and the warrior in turn taunts when I get stunned, p2 I taunt any naga elites that pop up, and the warrior takes 1 off me if I have 2, our 40y range taunt, and AS in case it resists is incredicly usefull here, p3 is basicly a repeat of p1 with green goo avoidance :P

I chuck ironshield pots in both p1 and p3 since she hits like a train, you shouldn't need more then 2 prot tanks here (bringing more then 2 will nerf your dps, and you NEED that dps), don't tank this when you're not geared to take heavy punishement.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Lore » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:19 am

Please move the discussion into the Strats & Info thread that Ayasune linked. Thanks =)
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations