A problem I came up with on Fathom-Lord

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

A problem I came up with on Fathom-Lord

Postby Buldozer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:29 am

Tonight for fathom-lord I was assigned to tank the hunter and his pet.

For some reason I take insane amounts of damage for this fight... and I'm unsure why. To start, I run with over 500 defense most of the time so I am uncrittable; I also have 102.5% avoidance unbuffed so i shouldn't be getting crushed.

My healer was telling me that I was getting crushed a lot and by the look of my HP bar, I believe him.

Is there a hidden coefficient I am missing here? Or was the fact that I had the hunter and his pet (both going enraged with beastial fury/wrath whatever it is) and it was eating all my holy shield charges. I was more concerned about keeping myself up then watching my buff list to see if holy shield was getting eaten up.

Also, I'm pretty new to this forum but I've learned a lot of important things from it. I also was wondering if you guys would take a look at my armory and tell me what you think. My guild is up to Vashj and Kael, I want to know how I will do in Hyjal/BT
Buldozer

Re: A problem I came up with on Fathom-Lord

Postby Girard » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:00 am

Buldozer wrote:Tonight for fathom-lord I was assigned to tank the hunter and his pet.

For some reason I take insane amounts of damage for this fight... and I'm unsure why. To start, I run with over 500 defense most of the time so I am uncrittable; I also have 102.5% avoidance unbuffed so i shouldn't be getting crushed.

My healer was telling me that I was getting crushed a lot and by the look of my HP bar, I believe him.

Is there a hidden coefficient I am missing here? Or was the fact that I had the hunter and his pet (both going enraged with beastial fury/wrath whatever it is) and it was eating all my holy shield charges. I was more concerned about keeping myself up then watching my buff list to see if holy shield was getting eaten up.

Also, I'm pretty new to this forum but I've learned a lot of important things from it. I also was wondering if you guys would take a look at my armory and tell me what you think. My guild is up to Vashj and Kael, I want to know how I will do in Hyjal/BT

Check your combat log (I think there are mods that will even parse it for you into decent stats you can check).

You should be able to see how many crushing blows you actually had on you.
Girard

Postby Gideon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:33 am

I get bounced around like a pinball when tanking those two and have to move carefully to stay facing them.

If your combat log is reporting crushes then either a) they're eating a phenomenal number of block charges b) you're exposing your back c) you're slacking/lagging on the holy shield refresh.

If you're not showing crushes then you might be getting hit by something which regularly zaps either me on the hunter or our bear on the shaman. You might be taking a 50% hp nuke from Karathress during a danger period (bestial wrath or a windfury/frostshock combo). Afaik it's randomly targeted and there's nothing you can (if someone has a solution, please tell me). Usually costs us two wipes per SSC clear.
Gideon

Postby Lore » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:43 am

Karathress's adds are level 72 and incapable of crushing blows. At least, my druid tanks have never been crushed.

They hit like a truck when they put up Bestial Wrath. I save trinkets and healthstones for that, it lessens the damage a lot.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Trevize » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:21 am

Yup put your back to the wall.....let your healers know when they enrage because you will get rocked. I tank both every week and we do the stacking with the shaman strat. So I get thunderclap from the warrior which helps as well.

As long as your healers are ready for you to take a metric shit ton of dmg during the bestial wrath, it isn't a big deal. Be vocal. The moroes trinket is money for this.
Trevize

Postby Buldozer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:54 am

Yeah, I'm not running with an addon that fixes my combat log, and everything moves really quick on my screen. Anyone have any suggestions on a good mod? I basically just want to see a window that shows every source of damage that I take and what kind of hit it was (IE Crushing)

I tank them with my back to the pilliar and I was getting raped while they were definitely in front of me. I guess if I had a better combat log I could just see there... I don't think i was getting hit in the back and I'm pretty sure I was using HS every CD asap.

If someone can post an easy to use mod here let me know... then I can have a little more info about this.

Thanks for the responses!
Buldozer

Postby Lore » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:13 am

EavesDrop is amazing: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/f ... hp?id=5332

You can get it through Ace updater also if you use that.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:31 am

Lore wrote:EavesDrop is amazing: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/f ... hp?id=5332

You can get it through Ace updater also if you use that.

Yup, this mod will give you exactly what you are looking for, it's awesome.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations