Remove Advertisements

How to Use Seal of Blood Effectively

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:09 am

Joanadark wrote:well that sucks...
double-crit mutually-reinforcing functionality would make a whole lot of benefitial possibilities for paladins.

though they still need to bloody give the faction-specific seals to both factions already.

Indeed, they claimed to have learned their lesson with priests....Guess not.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Candiru » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:43 am

Since the Seal of Blood attack can be parried as well as the initial attack, does that mean you will take more damage from the boss as they will get more parries in?

I imagine this extra damage will be far greater than the extra damage from the SoB/JoB splashback.
Candiru

Postby Aina » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:01 pm

On a side note... did you guys notice that those magic immune wyrms in Kara library are effected by SoB? What's the deal? It's non-magic holy damage or something? JoB doesn't work btw.
Aina

Postby Candiru » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:55 pm

Its a melee attack is it can be dodge/block/parried rather than resisted like a magic attack.

The judegment I guess can't be dodge/block/parried but can be resisted so its a physical attack, even if it uses melee crit.

Its all a bit confusing.
Candiru

Postby Alorianna » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:46 am

If thats true, is the same true of SoC? It can be blocked/dodged/parried? I don't have it myself, just looking for some consistancy. =p
Alorianna

Postby Lore » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:50 am

SoC can indeed be blocked, dodged, and parried, although blocks that aren't for the full amount show up as partial resists.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Alorianna » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:53 am

Hmm I guess reading over I wasn't clear. I meant to ask if the magic immune mobs are immune to SoC since it, like SoB, can be blocked dodged and parried.
Alorianna

Postby Tauxalot » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:12 pm

SoB and SoCommand can do dmg to magic immune mobs since it is considered a melee attack that just happens to do holy damage.

Now the judgement...magic immune mobs are immune to that.
BEWBZ or GTFO
Tauxalot

Postby Candiru » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:14 am

Since SoB scales with Str and JoB scales with spelldam has anyone tied swapping weapons before doing the judegment and then switching back? Seems like it would make Seal of Blood a bit better.
Candiru

Postby Tauxalot » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:44 am

Candiru wrote:Since SoB scales with Str and JoB scales with spelldam has anyone tied swapping weapons before doing the judegment and then switching back? Seems like it would make Seal of Blood a bit better.

You could do that, but then you also have to figure in the second and a half global cooldown you have to deal with when switching weapons, which pretty much wastes the idea of Improved Judgement.
BEWBZ or GTFO
Tauxalot

Postby Stings » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:32 am

First of all, im new to this forum so /wave all ;) It seems to be alot easier to get propor discussions here than on official forum.

I can agree that SoB's threat isnt viable if you dont get a head start. Im using Merciless Gladiator's Slicer and JoL in the fights where it really helps our healers (And i can afford the threat loss)
Stings

Postby John Ra » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:36 pm

I'm bumping this thread mostly due to the UI thread and seeing a lot of "Seal of Blood" buttons.

Do people still use this spell or is Righteousness + Continuum Blade a little better? I might might play around with it once I get a tanking sword like Suneater.
John Ra

Postby Vanifae » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:40 pm

John Ra wrote:I'm bumping this thread mostly due to the UI thread and seeing a lot of "Seal of Blood" buttons.

Do people still use this spell or is Righteousness + Continuum Blade a little better? I might might play around with it once I get a tanking sword like Suneater.

It depends I use it on certain mobs and now that I have a Sun eater I will use it when I want more mitigation then threat.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Lore » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:44 pm

I still have it on my bar, mostly for when I get bored on trash and want to get out my 2-hander.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Tauxalot » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:19 pm

After much thought, once you reach the point of getting kara loot and some maulgar and gruul, SoB becomes less and less of a tanking seal.

It receives no benefit from JoC minus JoB itself, SoR hits for about the same with the mitigation weapon on if you have the spell damage elsewhere which many of us do, not to mention JoB can be parried, which isn't anything great at all.

I just stick with SoR and leave SoB for DPS good times.
BEWBZ or GTFO
Tauxalot

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations