Glyphs....

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby knaughty » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:36 am

Seloei wrote:Rotation out of whack? Didn't bother with the discussions in the wotlk forum so not sure what is the "best rotation proven" now. Could you please give a short conclusion of it. Searching there might take days =s

Do your own research or take the word of people that do. Consecration glyph sucks.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Seloei » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:16 am

Right, 3/6 topic where i've posted in the last 2 weeks has ended up with a semi-hate reply. Didn't know this place had changed that much >.>
Seloei

Re: Glyphs....

Postby Metheoro » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Needforcreed wrote:
Metheoro wrote:i just wasted some money and noticed that there are some not helpful ones.

like the concecration. it adds 2 secs to the duration and cdown.. but thats it. same damage so in theory im loosing threat.

Same dmg? Are you sure? Surely it's the same dmg per tick , anything else would be ridiculous

no, its not the same damage per tic. it just adds 2 secs to the same amount of damage, the total damage divided by now a 2 extra seconds. so if u did "1" damage in 8 second, "2" in 16sec "3" in 24 sec, now u make "1"dmg in 10, "2" in 20, and "3"dmg over 30 sec.
ur losing 6 sec thats almost a whole new concecration in terms of threat
Metheoro

Postby d503 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:02 pm

Seloei wrote:Right, 3/6 topic where i've posted in the last 2 weeks has ended up with a semi-hate reply. Didn't know this place had changed that much >.>

I wouldn't say so much that the community has "turned around," but the influx of "What do I wear to prom?" and "What rotation do I do?" posts are pushing the valid posts off of the boards. It's too much to moderate, frankly, and what happens is that people get pissy.

Sadly, I'm the same way when someone asks what the mats or for something in /g, when they could easily look it up on wowhead...
d503

Postby Azulito » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Knaughty wrote:
Seloei wrote:Rotation out of whack? Didn't bother with the discussions in the wotlk forum so not sure what is the "best rotation proven" now. Could you please give a short conclusion of it. Searching there might take days =s

Do your own research or take the word of people that do. Consecration glyph sucks.

It rubs people the wrong way when you don't bother looking something up, especially if you know you can.

I personally just search maintankadin once for what i'm looking for... and if i can't find the answer to my question, i simply make a new topic and /poop on those that start bitching at me.

Also, i'm rocking the RD glyph and the SA glyph right now.. i have 2pc T6, so 13% is kinda sexy... but i'm pretty sure i'll switch to the judgement glyph sometime this week after i get a good grip on how mana efficiency goes in raids.

Come WotLK, SoV glyph FTW, probably to replace RD glyph possibly. assuming the tooltip is correct and it is ACTUALLY 10 expertise, not 10 expertise rating.
Azulito

Postby d503 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:30 pm

Azulito wrote:Also, i'm rocking the RD glyph and the SA glyph right now.. i have 2pc T6, so 13% is kinda sexy... but i'm pretty sure i'll switch to the judgement glyph sometime this week after i get a good grip on how mana efficiency goes in raids.

Come WotLK, SoV glyph FTW, probably to replace RD glyph possibly. assuming the tooltip is correct and it is ACTUALLY 10 expertise, not 10 expertise rating.

Mana in Raids is fine...there is enough damage, and enough replenishment going around, that I never once held off on any abilities because of mana (even on trash).

5-mans was a different story. If I didn't have about 8 mobs on me, I'd have to drink every once in a while. And single targets just don't attack fast enough to really make the whole BoSanc OP. TL;DR - Still gotta drink every once in a while in 5 mans.
d503

Postby knaughty » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Seloei wrote:Right, 3/6 topic where i've posted in the last 2 weeks has ended up with a semi-hate reply. Didn't know this place had changed that much >.>

People are just tired of answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

So much so I made an FAQ
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Cearn » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:42 am

Knaughty wrote:

People are just tired of answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

So much so I made an FAQ

People are just so tempted to bitch around under the cover of being tired. If one's tired of answering he can just don't.
Thanks for your FAQ anyways, links would be greatness though. (It's a two-click search thing, right?)
Cearn

Postby d503 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:57 am

Cearn wrote:
Knaughty wrote:

So much so I made an FAQ

People are just so tempted to bitch around under the cover of being tired. If one's tired of answering he can just don't.
Thanks for your FAQ anyways, links would be greatness though. (It's a two-click search thing, right?)

I think it's fair to say that some of the "fatigue" comes from having to read the same shit over and over. I see a post titled "Glyphs", and (at least in the Advanced Training forum) I expect that there's going to be either some useful info/theorycraft, or a question that challenges the community...

I suppose I've set my expectations too high...it's no offense meant to the OP, just a growing frustration I've noticed of late...
d503

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations