Glyphs....

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Glyphs....

Postby Metheoro » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:09 pm

i just wasted some money and noticed that there are some not helpful ones.

like the concecration. it adds 2 secs to the duration and cdown.. but thats it. same damage so in theory im loosing threat.

the stun one seems nice. and of course the 2% spiritual attunement rocks, but what about the exorcism one?

it gives me a interrupt on spellcast, but if the target ISNT demon or undead? it still interrupts?
Metheoro

Postby Metheoro » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:31 pm

indeed, it has tu succeed on the exorcism before it interrupts :/
Metheoro

Postby Flake » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Not sure what to tell you. Gotta read them, think about what you're after, and find the ones you like.

I was able to get a "+10% judgment damage" & a "+2% mana from Spiritual Attunement" inscription. This feels like a really good start.

My real question is: does anyone know a minor paladin inscription? I've got 3 slots I don't know what to do with.
Flake

Postby Quinny » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Flake wrote:My real question is: does anyone know a minor paladin inscription? I've got 3 slots I don't know what to do with.

Minor glyphs are learnt via Minor Inscription Research which has a 20hr cooldown. Eventually people will have them all. I got the pally Lay on Hands one and one of our priests got Poly penguin. Theirs was immediate selling on the AH at 75g a pop. So yeah for the first week or so it will be pretty random.
Quinny

Postby Petrus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:17 pm

I have to say that the best glyphs so far are probably 8% increased RD glyph and the 2% spiritual attunement glyph, though the 10% judgement glyph is good as well. I'm going to get the SoV 10 expertise glyph in the third major slot.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Re: Glyphs....

Postby Needforcreed » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:30 pm

Metheoro wrote:i just wasted some money and noticed that there are some not helpful ones.

like the concecration. it adds 2 secs to the duration and cdown.. but thats it. same damage so in theory im loosing threat.

Same dmg? Are you sure? Surely it's the same dmg per tick , anything else would be ridiculous
Needforcreed

Postby Dragonlgnd » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:31 am

With the spiritual attunement one for the 2% increase, I've heard that the T6 armor set bonus of 10% was 10% of SA's amount, so it ended up being a total of 11% mana back from heals. Does this 2% work the same? or does it make it 12% mana back?

If it makes it 12% than does the T6 bonus stack with it?
Dragonlgnd

Postby Conaan! » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:37 am

Dragonlgnd wrote:With the spiritual attunement one for the 2% increase, I've heard that the T6 armor set bonus of 10% was 10% of SA's amount, so it ended up being a total of 11% mana back from heals. Does this 2% work the same? or does it make it 12% mana back?

If it makes it 12% than does the T6 bonus stack with it?

i believe, with the wording, its additive

but dont get it, mana is no problem, at all

right now, the best you can get are RD +8% hit and 10% judgement damage
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:06 am

The glyph is twice better than the t6 2-piece bonus, if the tooltip's update(sa tooltip changes when you have or not t6 and the glyph) is correct. With both T6 and the glyph up at the same time, my SA regens 13% of the heal as mana.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:59 pm

imho the consecration one is not useless, it lets you get into a better rotation. Not like you need one now... with the insane threat you push out with the gear we have atm.
Seloei

Postby Levantine » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:34 pm

Seloei wrote:imho the consecration one is not useless, it lets you get into a better rotation. Not like you need one now... with the insane threat you push out with the gear we have atm.

No. It pushes your rotation out of whack.
Levantine

Postby Rahl » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:52 pm

My problem with glyphs is they have been only lasting day and i have to put a new one in the slot again
Rahl

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:42 pm

Mm no, that's the "cooldown" to reapply the same Glyph, they last undefinitely.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:09 am

Rotation out of whack? Didn't bother with the discussions in the wotlk forum so not sure what is the "best rotation proven" now. Could you please give a short conclusion of it. Searching there might take days =s
Seloei

Postby majiben » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:30 am

Seloei wrote:Rotation out of whack? Didn't bother with the discussions in the wotlk forum so not sure what is the "best rotation proven" now. Could you please give a short conclusion of it. Searching there might take days =s
Search 9696 or some such number in thew woltk section and you will be well informed with a lot less effort than it would take to recap the issue. Alternatively search threat rotation.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Next

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations