Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Dynaeus » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:23 pm

Thank you.

-Dyna

Viva la Prot Pally!
Dynaeus

Postby Daedallus » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:28 pm

Getting crushed, 2-3 shotted while trying for 1500 threat while delaying your next insta cast judgement, holyshield, seal, consecration, or just makeing sure you are ready with a pot/healthstone, ect is not worth it. especially if he hits you even once to delay the cast.

mana may not be an issue, but time is. and why bother? i never lack buttons to press while tanking. even if it is spamming holy shield for a second or two before it pops :P

and besides, the same argument holds true for threat as mana, when is threat a big enough issue to drop your defenses like that? even with the guild gearing up and bringing more dps, i haven't lost agro to a dps class yet. Its one of the reasons i'm respected as a tank :)
Daedallus

Postby Vanifae » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 pm

On a side note I really like the new defense animation when you instant cast and get hit :)
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Saphier » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:04 pm

I don't find the threat boost worth the risk on anything that hits really hard (unlimited mana situations), and I don't find it worth the mana for anything that doesn't.
Saphier

Postby Nich » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:39 pm

Buttertoast wrote:
enbee wrote:
Nich wrote:
Buttertoast wrote:it helps to push conc aura before you cast :P

AS is a heal, now?

I suggest you read the description on conc aura.
eh, it's a minor point. for a while i just figured that conc aura was heal-only like focus, too.

Snap.

I know they're different, too, it just totally didn't come to mind >.<

I guess there's a little bit of sense in there being two other pallies in my current 25 man tank group o.0
Nich

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations