Nothrend: 10 more talent points.

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Vanifae » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:53 am

enbee wrote:
Voldiir wrote:
It could also be...

"Blessing of Gayness," "Seal of Ass-Clown," or "Douchebag Form." We won't know until Blizzard tells us.

Well put.

Though I've heard "uncomfirmed" that there wont be any new tiers added to our talent trees.

They intend to add new tiers, that is the reason the trees are designed as they are.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:54 am

They confirmed at Blizzcon that they will be adding more tiers to each talent tree, just like TBC.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:19 am

Then I have heard wrong, and I'm relieved actually :>
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Silandra » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:32 am

For what it's worth, I went ahead and plugged in my stats and compared Sanctity Aura to Holy Shock for pure damage<and thusly threat> purposes:

Assuming I did my math right - which I probably didn't, at 300 SDMG, Holy Shocks, assuming 2 holy shield charges were used, did 3212.75 damage, whereas Sanctity Aura did 2788.69 damage. At 700 spell damage, it was 4302.75 vs 3795.8 in 8 seconds. This is, of course, not assuming any other stats in there, such as Crusade or Imp Sanct aura: Just a straight holy shock vs Sanc aura comparison.

When you add in Imp SoR(*1.15 to JoR and SoR) and Cleansing Power(I assumed it would add another 3% or so damage to exorcism) and Crusade/Imp Sanct to the Sant build, Holy Shocks still win out by an even larger margin.

Basically, HS > Sanctity Aura for pure threat purposes. Well, HS + SA from a ret pally(or a shockadin or w/e), but alas.

So, there ya go. If our top trees suck badly, we can really push out some massive threat w/ holy shock.
When in doubt, bubble and hearth out.
A Paladin's fury is a quiet, solemn thing, ever a hair before the bloodlust of a Warrior or the ferocity of a beast. But it holds his foes just the same.
Silandra

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:36 am

Only assuming 2 holy shield charges were used? Why such a low number?
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Silandra » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:08 pm

Lore wrote:Only assuming 2 holy shield charges were used? Why such a low number?

Because.

That's why. :P

Actually, I rolled a D10 I had lying around, it came up on 2. It really wouldn't effect it too much either way. Adding in 3 more blocks for 5 total, it comes out to HS:3963.06 vs SA:3756.87. Closed the gap, yes, but alas, it's still not caught up. HS:7999.65 vs SA:7449.48 effective threat, including HS's modifier of threat.
When in doubt, bubble and hearth out.
A Paladin's fury is a quiet, solemn thing, ever a hair before the bloodlust of a Warrior or the ferocity of a beast. But it holds his foes just the same.
Silandra

Postby Vanifae » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:12 pm

Silandra wrote:
Lore wrote:Only assuming 2 holy shield charges were used? Why such a low number?

Because.

Actually, I rolled a D10 I had lying around, it came up on 2. It really wouldn't effect it too much either way. Adding in 3 more blocks for 5 total, it comes out to HS:3963.06 vs SA:3756.87. Closed the gap, yes, but alas, it's still not caught up. HS:7999.65 vs SA:7449.48 effective threat, including HS's modifier of threat.

The fact that you have a D10 lying around makes me sort of like you.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:17 pm

Vanifae wrote:
Silandra wrote:

Because.

The fact that you have a D10 lying around makes me sort of like you.

I have two D30's sitting next to my computer, am I cool?
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:47 pm

Lore wrote:I have two D30's sitting next to my computer, am I cool?

:oops: I am pulsating with inner joy.

I think they call it a nerdgasm.
Vanifae

Postby Odius » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:03 pm

Vanifae wrote: :oops: I am pulsating with inner joy.

I'm frightened!!!!!!!
Odius
Maintankadonor

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:53 am

Odius wrote:
Vanifae wrote: :oops: I am pulsating with inner joy.

I'm frightened!!!!!!!

Yeah, really.

I probably shouldn't mention my full set d4-%d and my 12 sided d4.
Dragonzbane

Postby Daedallus » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:22 pm

Belldandi wrote:
Myotis wrote:So far most 1 point tank talents seems to be Threat talents... ( Shield Slam, Avenger Shield, Devastate )

51 Protection is going to be a special threat move ?
Might as well finish off our whole captain america theme and give us a shield charge :P

if paladins got charge, there would be zero reason to ever play my warrior :)

charge makes warriors fun, its what seperates them from heavy melee in most other games, not being at the whim of casters. Even an intervene clone would tickle me pink.
Daedallus

Postby Dragonzbane » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:58 am

Daedallus wrote:
if paladins got charge, there would be zero reason to ever play my warrior :)

charge makes warriors fun, its what seperates them from heavy melee in most other games, not being at the whim of casters. Even an intervene clone would tickle me pink.

Charge would be cool, especially since it was adapted from an old Diablo 2 Paladin mechanic.

Doubt it will ever happen though as we really don't need it because we can't be snared or slowed aside from Ice Trap.
Dragonzbane

Postby Tumeric » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:22 pm

just read this and had to give my respect to those who play D20 games. I love my %d ( d100) its the size of a softball with some type of rattles inside sounds like a rain stick <3.

As for the real topic, charge would be a great improvement to our problem of getting range on targets. Murmur heroic for example when you catch the slow on accident we are doom so slow pally tank prolly = wipe. But shouldnt be added for just singular reasons like that. Maybe a shorter cooldown 45secs ish for a 50% run speed over 6 secs, This wouldnt stun target from charge, would also allow us to be snared and have it Share Cooldown with blessing of freedom. This would also lose us our blessing slot for the duration of the speed increase.( by share cool down here i mean it burns the blessing of freedom cool down for the duration of the 6 second increase.)

But i dunno anything to increase our ability to get into melee range would be a plus. Also the advantages to chasing down adds in later raids and getting a head start chasing down mobs off stupid DPS( i am speaking of pugs here) that decide to draw aggro and kite away from you instead of to you.
Tumeric

Postby Joanadark » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:44 pm

speaking of D2, im a big fan of giving us the Thorns Aura.

480% of all melee damage dealt to the Paladin is reflected back on the attacker.

yeahh.....that would be nice.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations