Remove Advertisements

Mother Shahraz burst damage

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Mother Shahraz burst damage

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:55 am

Also in a later patch, we'll be able to disable the "decreased melee swing time" effect caused by Mother Shahraz parrying a melee attack. The parry mechanic is exacerbating the already rather intense burst damage that Mother Shahraz can inflict.

Well, aside from the fact that weapon expertise is definitely looking more interesting now, I wonder how many warriors QQ'd for this change, and how many people used a Tankadin on this boss.

Playing to the warriors yet again, Blizzard. Weak.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Ills » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:01 pm

Interesting. Where did you find that quotation?
Every fight is like Sartura, only without the screaming and the dying.
Ills

Postby Chorus » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:05 pm

Ills wrote:Interesting. Where did you find that quotation?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 3555&sid=1
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... w&n=Chorus
Chorus <Dissension>, 80 Paladin of Bleeding Hollow
Chorus

Postby Shai » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Imo this change is win either way. Having two offtanks just stand there doing absolutely nothing because they can't melee at the fear of oneshotting your tank to the already high burst damage Mother does absolutely sucks.
Shai

Postby PsiVen » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:48 am

I assure you that absolutely noone used a paladin to tank her, because she apparently likes to splat the tank for 25k damage during knockbacks and the best way to survive is Shield Wall. That and it's a SR fight where you need uncrushability. Basically very far from ideal for us, which is unfortunate given her potential.

I really wonder how we're supposed to be changed, that we will be acceptable MTs for bosses like this. It would be nice, but at the same time I get the feeling that they would have advertised it more.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:06 am

PsiVen wrote:I really wonder how we're supposed to be changed, that we will be acceptable MTs for bosses like this. It would be nice, but at the same time I get the feeling that they would have advertised it more.

Well they really were not going to advertise much at this point with Blizzcon coming, but I do agree that we are very unlikely to see the changes that would be required for something like this.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Jensaarai » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:03 pm

You're kidding, right? I guess I hadn't looked too much into it but she fucking quad-wields and we can't tank her?

G fucking G Blizzard.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Nerissa » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:13 am

Go go gadget resist fight.

I seem to remember a little something about not having any more of those because they're lame wallet checks...
Nerissa

Postby Lore » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:24 am

On the Parry topic, our Warrior MT died last night on Teron in about 0.5 seconds because he got parried right after Shield Block went down. 10k crush followed immediately by a 12k crush. Ouch.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:25 am

Nerissa wrote:Go go gadget resist fight.

I seem to remember a little something about not having any more of those because they're lame wallet checks...

BT resist fights the gear at least comes pretty naturally, as most of the stuff you need to craft it drops off trash in the instance and the patterns are rep-based.

There's still the other mats to get, but a guild can more than make up for it by selling extra gems/patterns that drop.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations