Remove Advertisements

My WWS Parse from our last Karazhan run

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

My WWS Parse from our last Karazhan run

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:37 am

This is the WWS from my guild's last Karazhan run, Aran through Prince.

I figured I would share and get some feedback :) So let the theory crafting commence :)

http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=emgspjudnydu3
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby jere » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:29 am

That's pretty neat. I compared your Prince kill to our last prince kill (tuesday), and our mitigation seems pretty close. You took less damage than me per hit, but it is close so it lets me know I am on the right track in terms of how I am gearing myself.

For reference my prince kill was: http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=hi5wx653jssle&a=2

The way our damage in varies is pretty interesting. I never use exorcism and rely primarily on SoV/JoV along versus SoR/JoR (though I use them sometimes).
jere

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:51 am

Well looking at the data for my guild the kill took about 8 minutes, while your kill took about 5 minutes. The raid DPS on your kill was at least a whopping 600 more then my own guild. I figured that DPS was an issue but it seems like we have a lot of either under geared people or they are underperforming.

But we are pretty close on the actual hits taken, but just doing a rough breakdown of the Prince’s DPS, on myself it is about 767.51 DPS for the 8 minute fight, and for you it is about 1001.22 DPS, albeit I figured these out relatively crudely but I think it works.

But I think these numbers pan out from the data already suggested in the damage we take on average, and maximum damage done.

If my raid had that kind of DPS man... I would be loving it :)
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:04 pm

Vanifae wrote:Well looking at the data for my guild the kill took about 8 minutes, while your kill took about 5 minutes. The raid DPS on your kill was at least a whopping 600 more then my own guild. I figured that DPS was an issue but it seems like we have a lot of either under geared people or they are underperforming.

But we are pretty close on the actual hits taken, but just doing a rough breakdown of the Prince’s DPS, on myself it is about 767.51 DPS for the 8 minute fight, and for you it is about 1001.22 DPS, albeit I figured these out relatively crudely but I think it works.

But I think these numbers pan out from the data already suggested in the damage we take on average, and maximum damage done.

Well it looks like your MS warrior died early and I'm assuming the other warrior is prot, since he was doing like 250 DPS. That doesn't account for all of it, but those types of things can add up quickly in a 10 man.

EDIT: Actually your lock and the other warrior died early as well. So with one warrior down at the start, a lock dying towards the end, and the other warrior dying while the Prince was in exectute range, yeah that's going to slow things down a bit. Credit your healers for handling it well.
Last edited by Fridmarr on Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby jere » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:07 pm

Vanifae wrote:Well looking at the data for my guild the kill took about 8 minutes, while your kill took about 5 minutes. The raid DPS on your kill was at least a whopping 600 more then my own guild. I figured that DPS was an issue but it seems like we have a lot of either under geared people or they are underperforming.

your WWS link for prince says the fight lasted from 4:11 to 4:16, so you were around 5 mins as well, unless I am reading it wrong. So the incoming DPS was a bit closer. Still you have obviously better mitigation, and I am still working on my gear. I just got the Gruul shield and protector boots on wednesday, so now I am a bit better off in terms of armor, stamina, and spell damage.

And yeah, we have some sick DPS. Zarinrey (Warlock) is a beast. Every tank we have is afraid of him lol. Nimbley (mage) is also a big contender a lot of the time.
jere

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:09 pm

jere wrote:

your WWS link for prince says the fight lasted from 4:11 to 4:16, so you were around 5 mins as well, unless I am reading it wrong. So the incoming DPS was a bit closer. Still you have obviously better mitigation, and I am still working on my gear. I just got the Gruul shield and protector boots on wednesday, so now I am a bit better off in terms of armor, stamina, and spell damage.

And yeah, we have some sick DPS. Zarinrey (Warlock) just does sick DPS. Every tank we have is afraid of him lol. Nimbley (mage) is also a big contender a lot of the time.

I think you are looking at their prince wipe and not the kill, the kill went from 04:24 to 04:32 . Their hunter actually had the highest DPS of the 2 groups, they just had folks dying early.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby jere » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:25 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
I think you are looking at their prince wipe and not the kill, the kill went from 04:24 to 04:32 . Their hunter actually had the highest DPS of the 2 groups, they just had folks dying early.

LOL...that will teach me to browse more than one WWS at the same time on different tabs...yep...my mistake.
jere

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:33 pm

Yeah that hurt quite abit, because was close to the top on the rest of the run... losing him so early in the fight really sucked.

Looking at it from that angle, I can see that early deaths had a large part to play with our overall DPS.
Vanifae

Postby jere » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:46 pm

Looking through the buffs it looks like you have Holy Shield up 41 times or about 410s out of the full 480. I am guessing you had to move around a lot too or something, so that may have had an impact on some of your melee DPS and deaths.
jere

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:49 pm

jere wrote:Looking through the buffs it looks like you have Holy Shield up 41 times or about 410s out of the full 480. I am guessing you had to move around a lot too or something, so that may have had an impact on some of your melee DPS and deaths.

Yeah we always get shitty Infernals, but for the last half of the fight I neevr really had to move. I did run out of mana though... in Phase 2.
Vanifae

Postby jere » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:54 pm

Vanifae wrote:
jere wrote:Looking through the buffs it looks like you have Holy Shield up 41 times or about 410s out of the full 480. I am guessing you had to move around a lot too or something, so that may have had an impact on some of your melee DPS and deaths.

Yeah we always get shitty Infernals, but for the last half of the fight I neevr really had to move. I did run out of mana though... in Phase 2.

What's your typical cycle in phase 2?

I usually judge light or wisdom on prince depending on the group need, and switch to SoL for myself to lighten the healing a bit. The only threat moves I do during phase 2 consists of holy shield and maybe consecrate depending on cooldowns and if I am too busy popping trinkets or cleansing people. Once phase 3 comes out I swap back to SoV/JoV and go all out on him.
jere

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:08 pm

I was pretty aggressive during Phase 2, I usually cycle all my high threat abilities. I just made a mistake and used Judgment of Crusader instead of Wisdom at the start of the fight.

He actually did very little damage to me during Phase 2.
Vanifae

Postby kedalic » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:02 pm

Here is the wws parse from one of my recent prince kills: http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=2t6x5raznvixk&m&s=8870-9107. This is actually currently ranked number 19 amoung wws parses, and the illhoof kill on that same run was number 11 =). I used judged crusader, wings on the normal cycle, then judged wisdom and used righteous for the remainder of the fight.

In comparison, a slower kill http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=5dn2q62u62fkw&a=3&s=9215-9545 where I wore avoidance oriented gear. My general threat cycle on this one was was to judge crusader, get a wing cycle with exorcism etc, then as after getting a threat lead, judge wisdom, until phase 2 where I pull out a sun eater and seal of blood tank, as well as popping my autoblocker and pocketwatch.

I should also add, I gear towards less avoidance and higher block value for fast attack fights like prince, as it means more holy shield procs for threat, and a steadier mana flow to keep my cycle going, and the logs tend to show a better result (dmg taken, dmg done, and threat generated) by doing so.
kedalic

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations