(3.0.3.9183) WotLK TPS Weapons Spreadsheet

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby theckhd » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:04 am

Just posted this in another thread, and realized that I had forgotten to ever put it in this one (i think).

I was interested in the difference that the human racial expertise made to Broken Promise vs. Last Laugh a while back, so I imported your spreadsheet into google docs and added the ability to specify a race (with the appropriate added expertise from the racial). I also trimmed the list of items down to only the current raid-level epics since that's all I was interested in at the time.

If you're interested, here is the edited spreadsheet. The only changes (I think anyway, I did this well over a month ago) are:
  • the addition of columns P and Q on the Weapon page to specify weapon type (A/S/M for Axe/Sword/Mace) and the subsequent amount of extra expertise that weapon gains from the racial (based on a string comparison to the race)
  • L3 on the "Num" page, which is where you specify race.
  • Column I on the "Stats" page, which is where I subtract off the extra expertise

However, in looking at it right now, I just noticed it doesn't include the dwarf racial for maces. I'll go fix that shortly.

As expected, Last Laugh is still ahead by a good margin.

<edit> Fixed to add dwarfs. Also, as a note for why the "Expmod" column is half of the expertise bonus of the racial (this is more for my benefit than anyone else, because I just spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out why I coded it this way a month ago):
I subtract "Expmod" directly out of the "EnAvoid" column on the "Stats" page. The formula there, before my edit, was:
13.25-2.*(weapon_expertise_rating / conversion_ratio)
where the conversion_ratio given on the "Num" page is the amount of expertise rating needed for -1% dodge and parry. The factor of 2 is due to the assumption of being below the dodge soft cap.
Since the racials are in points of expertise (rather than rating), to add them into the formula you would want to subtract:
-2*(racial_expertise.*0.25) which is obviously (racial_expertise / 2).

I may edit the spreadsheet to use the former equation rather than the latter in the future just for clarity.

<edit 2> yeah it bugged me enough, and was a quick enough fix, that I switched the formulas. Also changed "Expmod" to "Racial Exp" in the column title. Should be more obvious what's going on now.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby PsiVen » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:12 pm

For those curious if the 10% damage to SoR glyph will make it viable, the answer is probably no. A quick check with the base stats and Last Laugh reveals:

SoV+Glyph = 4166.2 total (4098.6 unglyphed)
SoR+Glyph = 3989.5 total (3905.2 unglyphed)

In this case the SoR glyph had a value of 84.3 TPS and the SoV glyph had a value of 68.4 TPS.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Doxa » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:45 pm

PsiVen, does this include Seals of the Pure?

Moreover, have you considered SoR w/ Reckoning 5/5?
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:03 pm

Seals of the Pure is irrelevant to the comparison as it affects both identically.

I have not modeled reckoning here, but with the current state of our trees it is not a talent you should spend points in for threat. We'll see how things end up in the 3.1 layout, but keep in mind that Reckoning SoR scales upwards with number of targets much worse than SoV does with HotR.
PsiVen

Postby Doxa » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:09 pm

PsiVen wrote:Seals of the Pure is irrelevant to the comparison as it affects both identically.

I have not modeled reckoning here, but with the current state of our trees it is not a talent you should spend points in for threat. We'll see how things end up in the 3.1 layout, but keep in mind that Reckoning SoR scales upwards with number of targets much worse than SoV does with HotR.

Yes, I know that it isn't specific to one or the other. Just wondering if it was included in both. I suspect that it wasn't.

I'm also aware of the reverse scaling of Reckoning. BTW, did Reckoning change to add a chance to proc on block or was that always there?
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Reckoning procs on blocking have been around for a while, possibly 2.4 if not earlier.

The next version of this weapon comparison project (for 3.1) will likely be in the form of a MATLAB plugin for Theckhd's more complete analysis.
PsiVen

Re: (3.0.3.9183) WotLK TPS Weapons Spreadsheet

Postby Arees » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:54 am

This doesn't look like its been updated in a long time and the weapon analysis has been folded into thecks matlab thread... I vote for destickifying.
Arees

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations