Tnedra Rednefed?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Mortehl » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:05 pm

Hmm. Maybe I misunderstood your avenue of thought.. Bad day today.

Unless I specifically state otherwise, I am always thinking of the raid tank standpoint. From that standpoint Holy shield is as important to bring to a raid as your shield is.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:13 pm

Mortehl wrote:Hmm. Maybe I misunderstood your avenue of thought.. Bad day today.

Unless I specifically state otherwise, I am always thinking of the raid tank standpoint. From that standpoint Holy shield is as important to bring to a raid as your shield is.

Well I wasn't talking about Holy Shield, I was talking about Imp Holy Shield (aka 8 charges). It's important too, and a great talent, but you get more out of it tanking multiple mobs than one mob in many cases. It's not like were getting crushed left and right by every boss pre 2.1 (save for the instacast bug).

My avenue of thought, which was just a commentary, was that many of the ideas for AD actually provide an overall nerf to the skill so that it works better for bosses than it does for multiple targets, because our skills make it look like we are only good at aoe tanking, and folks seem to fear typecasting I guess.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations