macro and a question

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

macro and a question

Postby Tats » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:34 am

i hate to cross post this, but it doesnt seem to be getting any attention, and its a fairly simple question ;)

so, ive recently delved into the realm of paladin tanking, and since then have read virtually every article, post, and debate regarding paladin tanking. i have played a warrior to 70 and tanked my fair share, but i wanted something with more utility ;P im only 50 right now, but ive been getting my practice in Wink

i made an all in one macro for general instancing:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [modifier:ctrl] reset=30 Seal of Wisdom, Judgement, Seal of Wisdom
/castsequence [modifier:alt] reset=30 Seal of Light, Judgement, Seal of Light
/castsequence reset=15 Seal of Righteousness, Judgement, Seal of Righteousness

my question is, when you use wisdom/light, are you generally going to judge it then recast righteousness to keep agg up, or are you relying on the rest of our agg generation to keep it up. i know this is highly situational because things constantly change, but for the average pull, what is recommended?

thanks Wink
Tats

Postby Tats » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:48 pm

bump
Tats

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:14 pm

In AOE situations you may run both Seal and Judge of wis/light. In a sustained single target situation, like a boss, where mana is an issue, you'll put JoW up, but then switch to SoR to keep your threat up.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Phaex » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:32 pm

I mostly use these seals when soloing.
Wis when i want to AE something.
Light when i want to kill something incredibly huge, i couldn't handle in any other way.

Only moment i can actually think of using judges like Light, is on voidreaver when theres alot of rogues and fury warris around.
I'd never use something like "light" in regular tanking, it'll produce nothing more than completely wasted overheal. Let the healer do his job, and do yours.

Wisdom is great, i keep it up on most bossfights to help some dps guys out. Most of the time i'm fine without crusader.

ehr, what was your question again ?
Ah yes, of course, watch ktm or similar, to see how things are going, mix a little know how in and you'll see if its a good idea to drop sor for some manareg.
Phaex

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations