Consecration Coefficients

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Consecration Coefficients

Postby Vallion » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:56 am

So, last night when I was trying to find the coefficients for the various ranks of consecration to better get a feel on mana conservation in heroics, I think I encountered something very odd. I swapped my Continuum Blade out for my healing mace to get my spell damage to 0 when short of inventory space, and for some reason my consecration numbers were all off. I took off the healing mace and my consecration numbers fixed themselves.

Furthermore, I was able to calculate that max rank consecration receives an 8.730769231% coefficient from +healing. Is this new, or am I just the last to know? I'm a snooping forums since Dec of 04, and haven't ever seen knowledge of a healing coefficient on consecration. Bug, or really neat feature?
Vallion

Postby Ignus » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:17 am

perhaps some other temporary buff? +healing makes really no sense at all, my guess is that you ran across something else that was giving you more damage at the time. could be a pvp zone buff or anything really
If you invest all of your talents, all of your gear, all of your knowledge and skill into tanking, you should be the best tank.
Ignus
Maintankadonor

Postby Vallion » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:31 am

That's what I thought too, but stripped myself of any buffs and checked myself against Bloodmaul Ogres just south/southeast of Sylvanaar about five times, with the only equipment difference being switching myself from unarmed to http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27538. I made sure I didn't have any set bonuses active, though I didn't try it completely naked vs. just the hammer. I removed all +damage gear I had on, to the point my paper doll's spell section listed 0 damage, 227 healing.

Unarmed, my consecration listed a normal 64/s, which adds up to the right amount of 512 over 8s. With the healing hammer, I was ticking for 67 throughout, which adds up to a 536 total. I repeated this around four more times, and checked each individual piece of gear, again only switching to from unarmed to the hammer, and once with a mining pick (which listed the normal 64/s).

It's not as if the Healing coefficient, if it exists, is going to cause a rethinking of gear, but it's interesting nonetheless. Probably just a bug introduced in a recent patch.
Vallion

Postby Ignus » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:09 pm

hm. odd.
If you invest all of your talents, all of your gear, all of your knowledge and skill into tanking, you should be the best tank.
Ignus
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:58 pm

Vallion wrote:That's what I thought too, but stripped myself of any buffs and checked myself against Bloodmaul Ogres just south/southeast of Sylvanaar about five times, with the only equipment difference being switching myself from unarmed to http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27538. I made sure I didn't have any set bonuses active, though I didn't try it completely naked vs. just the hammer. I removed all +damage gear I had on, to the point my paper doll's spell section listed 0 damage, 227 healing.

Unarmed, my consecration listed a normal 64/s, which adds up to the right amount of 512 over 8s. With the healing hammer, I was ticking for 67 throughout, which adds up to a 536 total. I repeated this around four more times, and checked each individual piece of gear, again only switching to from unarmed to the hammer, and once with a mining pick (which listed the normal 64/s).

It's not as if the Healing coefficient, if it exists, is going to cause a rethinking of gear, but it's interesting nonetheless. Probably just a bug introduced in a recent patch.

This will happen if you have 1H weapon spec talented as 1.05*64 = 67.2. Unequipping your weapon removes the extra 5% damage.
jere

Postby Vallion » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:04 pm

Ahhhh, gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.
Vallion

Postby Bosutei » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:38 am

Yeah, this also confused me with the 27/28 Ret Aura hits, then I remembered about the nifty 1H spec talent. :D
Bosutei

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations