Remove Advertisements

Parry haste on old Bosses with the new MoP hit/exp system

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Parry haste on old Bosses with the new MoP hit/exp system

Postby Schroom » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 am

Yes I know parry haste hasn't been enabled on Raidbosses since Cataclysm.

but, as far as I know it was still active on the old Bosses that had parry haste enabled in older expansions.

my question is now, with the new implemented hit/exp system, did Blizzard take out parry haste completely for mobs, and we can now bury it for good? Or does it (even tho it doesn't scare anyone anymore), as a mechanic at least still exist on those old Bosses?
Schroom

Re: Parry haste on old Bosses with the new MoP hit/exp syste

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Parry haste got completely removed from game when 4.0 came as far as i know.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Worldie wrote:Parry haste got completely removed from NPCs when 4.0 came as far as i know.

Fixed that for you. Players still get the benefit of parry-haste.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Schroom » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:20 am

ok thanks, and the DPS benefit players (mostly tanks) get is close to negligent I guess :)
Schroom

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 am

Given that it only affects melee swings (white damage), the damage increase for players (especially tanks) is almost non-existent.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby tlitp » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:34 am

Fetzie wrote:
Schroom wrote:
theckhd wrote:Players still get the benefit of parry-haste.

the DPS benefit players (mostly tanks) get is close to negligent I guess :)

Given that it only affects melee swings (white damage), the damage increase for players (especially tanks) is almost non-existent.

Nowadays PH accounts for ~0.5% (0.1%-1% is the typical range, in RL scenarios rather than sims) of the Paladin's total output, when it actually matters. As in fighter-type foes and/or multi-target encounters.

PH does have its moments of glory, every once in a blue moon. On this random Mel'jarak 25H parse : the Paladin's regular swing time is in the 2.0-2.1 region, but the time-averaged value gets down to ~1.45 (including everything, from downtime to dynamic effects). That shift alone accounts for ~3% of the Paladin's total output... or ~0.5% of the total raid output. :P
tlitp

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations