Mythyc+ Necrotic

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Mythyc+ Necrotic

Postby Lev » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:18 am

I just did about 2 or 3 Duengons with Necrotic so far, but here are my thoughts on it.

Talents:
15: I am not sure if a blocked hit generates a stack, but since there are a lot of non-blocking tanks in the game, i guess, it would not help to go into Holy Shield here :-/
30: No change atm
45: Fist of Justice. We loose some AoE DPS, but being able to take out a Target for 6 seconds might help reduce the amount of stacks quiet a bit. Repentance might be an option here, but we want to go fast (bomb), right?
60: Blessing of Spellwarding
75: Final Stand is pretty neat here, but its on a 5 min cd, so we can only use it very rarely (4-6 times per instance, depending your speed). It should be used in a rotation with Blessing of Spellwarding. Knight Templar will help more often if you want to kite mobs around more (melees won't like that).
90: Consecrated Ground to kite mobs around better
100: Seraphim... we will not handle 10 mobs at once and if you got the legendary boots, it even helps with that mobility (just in case, because ofc it would be a dps waste to run away while seraphim is active)

2016-10-26
Changed level 60 Talent to Blessing of Spellwarding (was Cavalier > figured, that one charge of steed is enough if mobs are slowable)
Last edited by Lev on Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lev

Re: Mythyc+ Necrotic

Postby Lev » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Just did BRH +10... was pretty terrible, but the grp was nice so we had some fun.
Right after that run, Blessing of Spellwarding came into my mind (WHY NOT BEFORE?! DAMN MYSELF!)
So i went back into the instance to try it out.
It does not "dispell" the stacks, but it avoids getting more stacks (and should also eliminate all DoT damage).

Since in most cases, i figured, one charge of Steed is enough to get away when i have to, i will take this as my default talent for necrotic runs for now on.
Due to the pretty "low CD" of 3 mins (and even a little less, if you have the Forbearant Faithful trait on your artifact weapon), it makes final stand an even more viable option, since both talents together enable us to use them in a rotation (use one of both almost every second pack)

In terms of playstyle, i see two options:
1. Use it at about 10-15 stacks, keeping yourself still heal-able for 10 seconds and finally end up with no stacks after it runs out. This should help with medium sized mobgroups that have a lot of hp (longer fights)
2. Use it at the start of a fight should be used if there are a lot of mobs (or additional minor ones), which die fast (spiders in the BRH stairhouse - Manawyrms in CoS/Arcway - Rats in Arcway)
Lev

Return to Legion