Remove Advertisements

Kill Order?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Kill Order?

Postby Caerdwynn » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:31 am

So, we're having a bit of a discussion in-guild about the order in which we attend to various bosses.. all this has become a bit muddied since TK was opened to the public.

We've currently got this list:
Gruul
Void Reaver
Magtheridon
Hydross
Lurker
Leo
Al'ar
Karathress
Morogrim
Vashj

Does anything look out of place to you guys as far as difficulty/etc. goes? I know there are a bunch of you out there with considerably more experience than myself.

Just as a note on progression.. we took VR under 20% last week, expecting a kill this week.

Jesus: "I can offer you eternal Salvation."
Disciples: "Can I get Might or Kings instead?"
Caerdwynn

Postby Lore » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:45 am

If you're looking for an easiest to hardest progression order, I would do at least Morogrim before Leotheras, probably Al'ar as well, and maybe Karathress.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Alixander » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:46 am

Stupid semi-noob question: It's possible to easily bypass Al'ar? I figure it would be possible to bypass him using tricky methods (SS a lock have him suicide past, then have a few rogues or druids sneak by, and have them summon everyone else), but I was figuring you were required to fight him (silly me?)
Alixander

Postby Lore » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:48 am

It's impossible to pull Al'ar without attacking him. He's pretty content to fly around in a circle over your head until you start poking him with things.
Lore
Global Mod

Re: Kill Order?

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:04 am

For a guild with a pally tank, I'd recommend:

Gruul
Void Reaver
Magtheridon
Hydross
Lurker
Karathress
Morogrim
Solarian (with proper resist gear)
Al'ar
Leotheras
Vashj
Kael

Solarian is a lot like Tidewalker, except that the adds are easier to control and hit softer, the DPS can go balls out, and you need resist gear. Overall once you get Tidewalker down I would immediately do Solarian if your guildies are dedicated enough to get the gear needed (500+ AR on two prot warriors, 100-200 AR on raid).
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Lore » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:08 am

PsiVen wrote:For a guild with a pally tank, I'd recommend:

Gruul
Void Reaver
Magtheridon
Hydross
Lurker
Karathress
Morogrim
Solarian (with proper resist gear)
Al'ar
Leotheras
Vashj
Kael

Solarian is a lot like Tidewalker, except that the adds are easier to control and hit softer, the DPS can go balls out, and you need resist gear. Overall once you get Tidewalker down I would immediately do Solarian if your guildies are dedicated enough to get the gear needed (500+ AR on two prot warriors, 100-200 AR on raid).

It'd be kinda silly to go to Karathress without killing either Morogrim or Leotheras, since you're going to have to walk right past both bosses to get to him :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Atreidies » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:34 am

Lore wrote:It'd be kinda silly to go to Karathress without killing either Morogrim or Leotheras, since you're going to have to walk right past both bosses to get to him :P

It would, but once you can kill Maulgar, you can kill Karathress with a little adjustment. My guild did Karathress first, but that's only because we beat our head against the pavement on Tidewalker for a full week before we went and got Karathress in a single night and then they let me tank the murlocs instead of trying to lock them down with nothing but AoE =P

Also, Lurker is probably an easier intro fight in SSC considering all that's required now is some light melee healing and then coordinated DPS on the add spawns when he dives. Hydross is pretty dependant on your DPS paying attention assuming you have tanks in the appropriate NR/FrR for him and learning the pull if you're trying to keep him in Frost to begin with isn't all that fun.
Atreidies

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:12 am

Lore wrote:It'd be kinda silly to go to Karathress without killing either Morogrim or Leotheras, since you're going to have to walk right past both bosses to get to him :P

It's worked for most guilds I've seen who killed him first :P We actually killed Tidewalker first, but Leotheras is still harder than the other bosses in the zone.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Lore » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:56 am

Did those guilds have a Pally tank? Cuz I really don't think there's any reason to skip Morogrim if you do, and I'd assume given the forum this is on and that Caer posted it that there is one handy :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Strom » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:52 am

I am the MT in my guild and we are getting ready to start working on Gruul. After we can down him, should we move on the Void Reaver or Mag? I am currently our best geared tank. So keep that in mind.
Strom

Postby Cakes » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:27 am

Strom wrote:I am the MT in my guild and we are getting ready to start working on Gruul. After we can down him, should we move on the Void Reaver or Mag? I am currently our best geared tank. So keep that in mind.

Personally, I'd go after Mags, more to help bolster the coordination in your raid group that you'll need later and because t4 chestpieces tend to be fairly important for a lot of classes. If you're set on going after VR, make sure you've got some tanks (besides you) that can output decent threat. Easilly the hardest part of that encounter is generating enough threat to keep yourself over the dps'ers. As a pally tank, bring mana pots and demonic runes.
Cakes

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:44 pm

Caerdwynn wrote:We've currently got this list:
Gruul
Void Reaver
Magtheridon
Hydross
Lurker
Leo
Al'ar
Karathress
Morogrim
Vashj

This is the order that my guild killed our bosses so far.

Gruul
Magtheridon
Karathress (fathom lord)
Morogrim
Lurker
Void Reaver

and with any luck we will have hydross and leo down this week

Of course, we only have recently started the eye since we had been waiting on guildies having attunement. Also, we'd skipped hydross for weeks since his loot table blows for the amount of effort involved.
Drac - Paladin - 70 - Alexstrasza
DracAlexstrasza

Return to General Strats