Remove Advertisements

ZG Tiger Boss

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Krazy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:12 am

Still a no go with the NR. I tried a 230ish setup with still 540 defense and that seemed to resist the silences sometimes...but I take much more damage and eventually get low and die. 400NR didnt seem to make much more of a difference and I could not keep myself alive for more than a couple minutes with that setup.

Interesting thing to note, thekals Mortal Cleave ability can hit for upwards of 2.5k...so make sure you never get below 3k or you might get super unlucky like me and die.

So yeah, nature resist is not really worth it, Thekals cleave freakin hurts bad, and this fight is still a pain in the ass.

I have succeeded in soloing this fight one time, but is it "easily farmable"...hell no. I have yet to repeat, I think the first time was just pure luck with the silences and having both interrupts up.
Image
User avatar
Krazy
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:54 am

Postby Paloo » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:55 am

Yeah the thing that really sucks about the silence is that Thekal is the one casting (spamming) it, and he is boss level... I tried to down them with a craptastic 311 NR setup (using a flask and MotW) and was able to interrupt the heals better than without NR, but still I got unlucky and a single heal put pretty much all the effort to waste. Downed him + bat boss and Hakkar with a couple of friends in the end.

So he still manages to silence with 400 NR? :/ Meh. Was considering getting the lvl 70 NR stuff built just for this fight, cause I wanted to try with 415, but I don't know now if this is worth the effort.

And yeah I guess survival becomes a problem in NR setup... in the setup I tried I managed to stay around the 35% hp mark tho, but with even more NR heavy setup, I don't know. I think it still would be enough time to have a serious try if you go up to full hp twice with bubble and LoH... but I didn't try it and seeing Krazy's post I don't know if I will. ;/

This boss is really bugging me cause it kinda seems manageable (well it is obviously manageable... but really I know how people kill him except getting lucky), but it gets so frustrating if the healer manages to reset the fight again and again and again and you can't stop her thanks to the silence.

The only idea I have left is improved conc aura... does the 30% silence reduce work on yourself? (the tooltip is kinda vague and I never skilled holy so I don't know) If it does work I think it might just do the trick... getting 18 points in holy tree would lead to a somehow f*cked up talent spec tho, but if it actually reduces thekals silence it might be worth it heh.
Paloo
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:51 am

Postby Krazy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:45 pm

That sounds like a possible idea...would take the silence down to 4.2 seconds from 6 seconds...but it would still be longer than the cast time on the heal which is 4 seconds. Might be something to try though if you got the extra gold to respec.
Image
User avatar
Krazy
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:54 am

Postby PsiVen » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:17 am

So, this is a serious test of patience. Every once and a while he will randomly decide to heal one of the other guys despite his own imminent death and if he does you'll get stuck trying to even out their HP which causes him to heal whoever you're attacking at the time he decides to heal.

I have no idea how you would do this fight next patch with the 50% damage during Divine Shield. The stars would have to align. It took me like 45 minutes to get it right and this cuts the margin for error in half.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Postby phaqueue » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:43 am

yea.. .this is one of those fights that I've pretty much resigned myself to not having the patience to do at all... much less farm (did it once to prove I could... that was a pain)

honestly - if I want to invest that much time - I'll go grind a wintersaber (damn... it's painful even thinking about that grind...ugh)

so much for the real tiger mount... unless I get friends to come along - on the plus side... I would assume bringing a DK for this boss would make it pretty much a joke...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
User avatar
phaqueue
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:45 am

Postby Origon » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:00 pm

phaqueue wrote:yea.. .this is one of those fights that I've pretty much resigned myself to not having the patience to do at all... much less farm (did it once to prove I could... that was a pain)

honestly - if I want to invest that much time - I'll go grind a wintersaber (damn... it's painful even thinking about that grind...ugh)

so much for the real tiger mount... unless I get friends to come along - on the plus side... I would assume bringing a DK for this boss would make it pretty much a joke...


Yes, the fight is a joke with a DK, soloed yesterday, just swap to the healer and mind freeze every time he heals. I actually didn't know the strat and had first the boss revive and then the rogue add revive before i realized they can all rez one another. Took a while but definitely a safe and easy fight if you have an interrupt here.
User avatar
Origon
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:03 pm

Postby Eroslight » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:26 pm

http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 603bd4.jpg

First time on Raptor Boss!

I did manage to get Tiger down too, after 28 mins (and 2 rez's).

For raptor - put you back to a wall in a corner that the initiate or that priest at the beginning is facing away from so you don't aggro any packs whilst fear'd.
Eroslight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:17 am

Postby Taragon » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:16 pm

Was able to finish them off with 3 resurrections. I stunned the first time I could when zath and the main boss were sub 10% with the healer at around 20 (before she even tried to cast her heal). I didn't want to get silenced at a bad time.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13509 got my hopes up before i realized it was one time use. :(
Taragon - Ex-Maintankadin of Insomnia

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Taragon
User avatar
Taragon
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:28 pm

Postby PsiVen » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:37 pm

For the raptor boss, just run up the steps and fight him where he starts. No trash clear needed other than the 1 pack that stands right in the doorway.

Same deal for the tiger boss, fight in the cage, no need to clear.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Postby Krazy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:41 am

I was thinking of maybe trying this: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=1404 as a last ditch interrupt if you are silenced at that key moment. I wonder if it can be used while silenced...anyone have it to test?

I don't have it, may have to start camping the guy (I've actually never seen him ever) if it does work.

Also can you use http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13509 while silenced? I get that from strat all the time.
Image
User avatar
Krazy
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:54 am

Postby Kelaan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:41 am

PsiVen wrote:For the raptor boss, just run up the steps and fight him where he starts. No trash clear needed other than the 1 pack that stands right in the doorway.

Same deal for the tiger boss, fight in the cage, no need to clear.


How do I avoid getting beaten down by the fears, on the raptor boss? O_o the damage intake at that point just seemed immense.
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Postby Elsie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:43 pm

I killed this guy by using Seal of Light the whole time. Really, seal of light is OP for this fight. I had no mana problems with sanctuary and it's just time to get the two adds down.

The trick I've found is simply to get the other two down to 2-6k hp. Then allow the healer to continue healing until you can reliably get him to heal to 50-65%. Then burn him down. Just let him heal and try to get a low hp start point.

The silence is annoying, but not make-or-break. If you get silenced at a poor time, do not attempt to burn him. Simply keep him as low as possible and save your CDs to try again. It sucks, but you need the "stars to align." If it's a real problem, there are items in TBC that reduce silence duration you might try to farm for. Try to use dps trinkets as only Lavanthar's is really useful here from a 'tank trinket' view.

How do I avoid getting beaten down by the fears, on the raptor boss? O_o the damage intake at that point just seemed immense.

The raptor has less HP. Kill it first. Beyond that you have you conserve your mana wisely.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Postby Paloo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Elsie wrote:The trick I've found is simply to get the other two down to 2-6k hp. Then allow the healer to continue healing until you can reliably get him to heal to 50-65%. Then burn him down. Just let him heal and try to get a low hp start point.


Ofc the healer won't try to heal the other two when they are at 2-6k health... the thing that f*cked up everything in all my tries is that the healer healed one of the two other guys while I was silenced or the interrupts were on cd. This is something you seem to exclude entirely in your post. I agree tho that the stars need to align.

Will probably try out some things again against the boss if I get bored over the holidays... I don't really know what I'm missing but every sucessful strat I read here seems to rely on luck/ black out some stuff that simply is going to happen. ;/
Paloo
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:51 am

Postby Kelaan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:50 am

Paloo wrote:Ofc the healer won't try to heal the other two when they are at 2-6k health... the thing that f*cked up everything in all my tries is that the healer healed one of the two other guys while I was silenced or the interrupts were on cd. This is something you seem to exclude entirely in your post. I agree tho that the stars need to align.


I wonder if it has some "heal myself first" AI. A lot of the NPC healers seem to, in that as long as they are also heavily damaged, the others may be doable.
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Postby Belarkan » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:49 am

Paloo wrote:
Elsie wrote:The trick I've found is simply to get the other two down to 2-6k hp. Then allow the healer to continue healing until you can reliably get him to heal to 50-65%. Then burn him down. Just let him heal and try to get a low hp start point.


Ofc the healer won't try to heal the other two when they are at 2-6k health... the thing that f*cked up everything in all my tries is that the healer healed one of the two other guys while I was silenced or the interrupts were on cd. This is something you seem to exclude entirely in your post. I agree tho that the stars need to align.

Will probably try out some things again against the boss if I get bored over the holidays... I don't really know what I'm missing but every sucessful strat I read here seems to rely on luck/ black out some stuff that simply is going to happen. ;/


Well, two hours of failure here too.
The healer will sometime heal the one that has the most health which messes things.
Very often, I got silenced during the heal and bubble + hammer doesn't work - thanks to the lag and the GCD the healer get stun after the heal is finished even if the cast bar says 1s left.
Belarkan
 
Posts: 925
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:32 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?