Remove Advertisements

ZG Tiger Boss

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Krazy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:31 am

Non wrote:
ARogers wrote:I'm having a serious problem with the mobs before him. There are some troll mobs that come with cats, and they do a move that is called [something] Frenzy. It basically stuns me so that I can't attack. They chain it and I can do maybe 1 attack in 1 min. Since it's a stun, it makes me get hit full by the cats.

How do I avoid or handle these guys?

You can avoid them. Follow the right wall outside the tiger place and get inside with some clever jumping.

Yeah, those mobs that do the axe flurry or whatever its called are impossible to kill, they will basically stun you forever until you bubble and/or die. I usually just run right between them and fight the boss right in his little cage. The aggro radius is so small at 80 its easy to bypass them.
Krazy

Postby ARogers » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:28 am

Krazy wrote:
Non wrote:
ARogers wrote:I'm having a serious problem with the mobs before him. There are some troll mobs that come with cats, and they do a move that is called [something] Frenzy. It basically stuns me so that I can't attack. They chain it and I can do maybe 1 attack in 1 min. Since it's a stun, it makes me get hit full by the cats.

You can avoid them. Follow the right wall outside the tiger place and get inside with some clever jumping.

Yeah, those mobs that do the axe flurry or whatever its called are impossible to kill, they will basically stun you forever until you bubble and/or die. I usually just run right between them and fight the boss right in his little cage. The aggro radius is so small at 80 its easy to bypass them.

/facepalm

I didn't even try that.
ARogers

Postby ARogers » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:28 am

Krazy wrote:
Non wrote:

/facepalm

I didn't even try that.
ARogers

Postby Dork » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Figured I'd give it a shot the other day. Ran over and solo'd both mount bosses. The tiger boss took some adjustments. I didn't have to try multiple times, but the one time I did try was somewhat of a long attempt lol. I accidently killed one or two of them through out, but finally got it lined up right.

I didn't have imp. hoj, and I honestly don't use any of the interrupts until the end. I do have BE silence, so that helps to have both those interrupts at the end.

Now to get lucky and have the tiger mount drop.
Dork

Postby Tropicana » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:21 am

I've tried this fight multiple times, as prot, and in the end get pissed and bubble hearth.
Tropicana

Postby ARogers » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:37 am

I don't even know what to say about this fight. It was completely brutal. I fought him for an hour. That is no running back or anything. Pure fighting.

I learned as I went along. The best I could do was downing 2 of them with the 3rd at about 7%. He rezed the others and it was back to square one.

I really wish I could have a good strategy. I got better, but I still have a tough time burning him down constantly past 50%. I do still solo the raptor boss, which made me come up with an idea:

What would the benefit be of a prot DPS set?

For instance, I stayed around 9k-12k life. I think I was sealed with light the whole time and didnt die at all. I wonder if it'd be beneficial to set up my gear so that it all was stacked with crit, str, and hit. For instance, I just unloaded my Wyrmrest boots for the Naxx25 ones. I should throw on the AP enchant or the new crti/hit enchant to ramp up my output. Maybe AP would be best since it's steady damage. I could easily get another 200-400 more AP with trinkets, gems, and enchants to the offset gear.

Other than that, my only idea is to try to solo this as ret spec. CS and DS aren't affected by silence are they? I can't see the talent sheets at work, but I wonder if it's possible to spec HotR and DS both?
ARogers

Postby Kelaan » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:41 am

Considering HotR and Divine Storm are both top-tier talents, no, you cannot spec for both. :)
Kelaan

Postby Krazy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:21 am

This fight is still a pain, I came back to ZG this reset (got the tome off the fish boss $$$) and went for a repeat of tiger. This time I spent an hour and accomplished nothing.

Those that are killin this guy like its easy mode please share the secret. My main problem is the fact that you are silenced 70-80% of the time. If it weren't for that this fight would be absolutely no problem at all.

What is the secret here???
Krazy

Postby loladine » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:55 pm

Keep Seal of Corruption/Vengence up use Judgement of light on the healer and nuke the healer pretty much all time
use Consecration and Shields mainly if the tiger adds get to low hp stop using consecration and stick to shield
when silenced use your HotR and try not to hit the tigers

Keep the healer low hp most of time dont interupt if she is healing either herself or the tigers if she tries to heal the other 2 guys then use Hammer and arcane torrent if ur belf as well

if you get healer down to 40% and she isnt healin then use shield and judge on other 2 guys to get there hp lower

and eventually you will end up wit the 2 guys getting lower n lower hp when they get around 10% you want to switch to Seal of justice so Corruption wont kill the 2 guys accidently

As soon as the 2 other guys are both at 5% and healer is on wot ever hp you want to get consecration going again and nuke healer hard if any of them die quickly get bubble'd and nuke n usualy you can kill them all of and with the bubble up you can use all abilities w/o fear of silence

Sacred shield up all time you wont ever get low hp and judgement of light does enough healing

Hope that helps
loladine

Postby kazan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:42 am

I killed Arlok some times, but never tried thekal. I think seal of justice is a good idea.

Did someone loot the mount ?
Pazan Blood Elf Protection Paladin of Dalaran
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... an&n=Pazan
kazan

Postby Tropicana » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:06 pm

ARogers wrote:
Other than that, my only idea is to try to solo this as ret spec. CS and DS aren't affected by silence are they? I can't see the talent sheets at work, but I wonder if it's possible to spec HotR and DS both?

I've tried as ret, didn't go well, taking too much damage and silenced too much to heal
Tropicana

Postby Paloo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:06 am

Tried to kill thekal and his buddies as a prot paladin with 3/3 imp HoJ twice, but failed to do so. My strategy was nuking the healer, and allowing her to heal herself in the beginning, while slowly wearing down the other two guys with area damage. Problem was that it all went to sh*t as soon as the healer managed to heal the high priest or the other zealot. Only one time I got somewhat close, but the healer managed to get off a heal as soon as I killed the first of them, which ofc ruined everything. Stopped both tries after half an hour because it seemed like the fight could go on like forever.

My main problem is the same thing Krazy pointed out, Thekals silence. Both interrupts (hammer and BE racial) can't be used while silenced, the silence lasts 6 sec, the heal cast time is 4 sec... this always stopped me from doing a crucial interrupt sooner or later. I tried with Seal of Justice, but interrupting a cast with it comes down to sheer luck imo. HP/mana was no problem at all, just the fact that I couldn't interrupt when needed even if the cooldowns were ready made me fail.

Checked Thekals abilities on wowhead (http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=14509#abilities) and noticed the silence he casts is a nature spell... so this makes me wonder, has anyone tried to do the fight with a nature res setup? Or am I missing something and this doesn't help vs. his silence?

I also tried to keep the two non-elite tiger adds alive so the healer wastes heals on them, but they always died to HotR at some point... didn't have the patience to only use consecrate/ret aura for area damage tho and couldn't figure out a way how to not hit them with HotR.

Other than nature res/keeping tiger adds alive by not using HotJ, I have no ideas how to pull of this fight w/o getting extremely lucky with silences and/or SoJ interrupts. Will probably try both ways as soon as I get the time to do it. Seeing how this is a boss that is very tempting to farm, I would love to have a way to reliably kill him. :)
Paloo

Postby Zalaria » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:17 am

Paloo wrote:Tried to kill thekal and his buddies as a prot paladin with 3/3 imp HoJ twice, but failed to do so. My strategy was nuking the healer, and allowing her to heal herself in the beginning, while slowly wearing down the other two guys with area damage. Problem was that it all went to sh*t as soon as the healer managed to heal the high priest or the other zealot. Only one time I got somewhat close, but the healer managed to get off a heal as soon as I killed the first of them, which ofc ruined everything. Stopped both tries after half an hour because it seemed like the fight could go on like forever.

My main problem is the same thing Krazy pointed out, Thekals silence. Both interrupts (hammer and BE racial) can't be used while silenced, the silence lasts 6 sec, the heal cast time is 4 sec... this always stopped me from doing a crucial interrupt sooner or later. I tried with Seal of Justice, but interrupting a cast with it comes down to sheer luck imo. HP/mana was no problem at all, just the fact that I couldn't interrupt when needed even if the cooldowns were ready made me fail.

Checked Thekals abilities on wowhead (http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=14509#abilities) and noticed the silence he casts is a nature spell... so this makes me wonder, has anyone tried to do the fight with a nature res setup? Or am I missing something and this doesn't help vs. his silence?

I also tried to keep the two non-elite tiger adds alive so the healer wastes heals on them, but they always died to HotR at some point... didn't have the patience to only use consecrate/ret aura for area damage tho and couldn't figure out a way how to not hit them with HotR.

Other than nature res/keeping tiger adds alive by not using HotJ, I have no ideas how to pull of this fight w/o getting extremely lucky with silences and/or SoJ interrupts. Will probably try both ways as soon as I get the time to do it. Seeing how this is a boss that is very tempting to farm, I would love to have a way to reliably kill him. :)

This pretty much sums up my experiences as well, only difference is I don't run with imp HoJ. I tried 3 or 4 different times, ended up bubble-hearthing each time after ~45 minutes.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Mex » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:10 am

I just killed him then.

First attempt, the instance reset screwed me (wasn't expecting 3 days) and I got ported mid-fight.

Second attempt I got him after about 20-25 minutes.

As others have said, the key is doing enough damage to the healer than she only heals herself, and letting aoe damage bring the others down low, then when she goes for a heal you stun her, burn her down, then bubble and finish the other two off. They need to be at about 10% to do this effectively.

One thing that got me was that I'd often get the other two to ~10%, but then have the shaman on 70%, and with unlucky silences be unable to bring her past ~40%, and the damage I did would eventually kill one of the other two (you can stop this, but it means doing much less damage to the healer, which is the problem in the first place!).

Basically, my priority went ShoR > JoL > Avenger's Shield > Consecrate > Holy Shield, I just did that rotation until I was silenced again. Whilst silenced I used HotR, and occasionally used trinkets to slightly soften the small amount of damage that got through.

I had SoV on, and BoS (30 min version!). With 3 mobs meleeing you, you'll have plenty of mana without SoW/JoW, and JoL is generally enough to keep you healed. My health was going down VERY slowly, slowly enough I think that I could quite easily keep myself alive using nothing but LoH every 20 mins.

You just need to know how much you can burst her, so that if you see her healing at 23% while others are both on 5-15%, you know whether or not to interrupt her or wait for a better opportunity.

I didn't need imp HoJ, cause tbh you only get one "shot" every coupla mins, and if you screw it up, someone gets ressed and you need to burn them down again, extra interrupts don't help much here.

The silence is annoying, but I'd be interested to hear whether people have had any luck cheesing it with NR gear.
Mex

Postby Krazy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:18 am

Nature resist eh? I may just have to try it...I built a full nature resist set for soloing Lethon (did not work as planned). I'm gonna go back to ZG today for some more fun and I'll let you guys know how it works out.
Krazy

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats