Remove Advertisements

ZG Tiger Boss

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:16 pm

Never managed to down Tiger in less than 40 minutes. Putting the healer out of LoS from the other two actually made it worse, because then two of three targets weren't getting hit by HotR and ended up dying phenomenally slower than the other. Always just focus the healer and interrupt every 2nd heal. If she doesn't get at least one heal off, she'll die too fast. Pretty damn glad that boss doesn't have an enrage timer in phase 1.
Image
The Seeker.
User avatar
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 4529
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 8:53 am
Location: Malorne

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby culhag » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:51 am

Jasari wrote:Also make sure you switch to SoV when you're burning down the healer.

You're not using it the whole time ? Sacred Shield + JoL is plenty enough to keep me alive. The only case where my health drops too fast is when I can't have them LoS while still facing the three of them, but even then I still use SoV and LoH myself when I'm low.

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Never managed to down Tiger in less than 40 minutes. Putting the healer out of LoS from the other two actually made it worse, because then two of three targets weren't getting hit by HotR and ended up dying phenomenally slower than the other. Always just focus the healer and interrupt every 2nd heal. If she doesn't get at least one heal off, she'll die too fast. Pretty damn glad that boss doesn't have an enrage timer in phase 1.

I kill them in 6 minutes with the LoS trick. I have no idea how you can be so slow...
Edit: you do know that you can still use HotR when silenced, right ?

What I do once I've seperated the healer from the others is I focus Thekkal, whenever the silence drops I use as many other attacks as possible. The rogue should drop almost as fast as Thekkal from HotR bounce and Concecration (he has less HP).
When Thekkal and the rogue are at about 10k to 15k HP, I then focus the healer. If she's at more than 40% when she heals herself I don't bother interrupting and try to bring her down faster. So after I've interrupted her (she should be around 30%) I finish Thekkal (because of the silences), then the healer, and the rogue should have died from my aoe along the way.


Also make sure to optimize your gear for maximum dps. They really don't hit hard anyway.
Last edited by culhag on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1729
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:35 am

YAY I DID IT!
Finally got tiger boss down!
Yay for the LOS trick.

Healer on one side of pillar, other 2 on other side.
aoe the lot of them down, focussing on the 2 non-healers.
being VERY careful to get the health of 1 to 2000-3000. Note - i tried going below that, but the mob died! It appears they "die" even with 1000 or so health left. very wierd.
After 1 of the 2 non-healers is very low, work on the other using only single target attacks.

Then the "fun" begins, trying to get the healer down... well getting him down isnt a problem, the issue is getting a stun off without being silenced. and bubble-stun only works once. I usually have bad luck, with my getting silenced just as the healer begins a heal.

So getting the healer down took a good 10mins or so, finally getting lucky with a stun and a AS.
Consecrate and HoTR and the other 2 drop.

Presto, onto phase 2 and a quick boss death.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:33 am

How do you keep the nonhealers from killing themselves onshield charges? do you forgo holy shield completely? (Seems like my damage intake was too high when I did that.)
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby Jasari » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:48 am

Kelaan wrote:How do you keep the nonhealers from killing themselves onshield charges? do you forgo holy shield completely? (Seems like my damage intake was too high when I did that.)


If you're using the LoS trick, don't use HS, Ret Aura, or SoV after you get the first two guys low.
User avatar
Jasari
 
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:32 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby masterpoobaa » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:56 pm

yeah. they hit like pansies, so JoL on the 1 mob is more than enough to keep health topped up.
And dont try to take the non-healers below 2k, they seem to die suddenly.


One moar good news, i did the boss via the adds-buggout method. that worked well also.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby ~Dahrklia~ » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:40 am

Hey guys. I am not sure if you are all talking about doing this boss at lvl 80, but if you are this is quite an insanely easy fight. i press v, so i can see the hp bars on my screen.
Me,--- lvl 80 blood dk night elf on server nesingwary, name Dahrklia--- and my friend, --lvl 80 resto druid night elf, name Chrixy-- run in there mount farming, and the raptor boss is a breeze. when we get to the tiger boss, it gets a lil tricky but keep tryin and you will get it down.
First off i make a macro that auto-targets the healer and casts mind freeze, my interrupt.
As a dk, i run in there and aggro everything, while he heals, killing the tiger adds first as they are just plain annoying, and if you have the hp bars on your screen, they get in the way. After this i dps down the healer first to about 15%, then i switch to the other troll add, not boss, and continue to dps him to 15%. Always keeping in mind, whenever i see her hand go white, which its pretty easy to notice, i hit my macro and it stops her in her tracks. Once the troll add is dps'ed down, i move to boss, and get him to around 10%.
After this, i have my healer throw down a hurricane, and i throw d&d and blood boil and any other aoe i got, and burn them all down at once. At lvl 80 this is not hard to do, because being geared from ulduar/naxx i smack their hp down quite easily.
After this its the extremely easy phase 2, where boss returns as a tiger and persists to kill me.which he never will. I call this phase the breather, cuz as soon as you reach this, regardless of how good you were doing on the first phase, i always seem to take a deep breath and dont worry anymore, for the tank and spank becomes almost TOO easy at this point.
Well we have run around 12 times for the mounts and no luck thus far. But we will keep trying, and i hope this may help some dk's/druid's as to know what you should do and when.
All in all, both tiger and raptor bosses are easy, tiger is only "difficult" because you ahve to be paying attention. as long as you got your eyes onthe screen, heals comin from ur healer to you, and a constant interruption whenever that dman troll healer heals...everything is smooth sailing =)
~Dahrklia~
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:28 am

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby sublimated » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:20 am

~Dahrklia~ wrote:Hey guys. I am not sure if you are all talking about doing this boss at lvl 80, but if you are this is quite an insanely easy fight. i press v, so i can see the hp bars on my screen.
Me,--- lvl 80 blood dk night elf on server nesingwary, name Dahrklia--- and my friend, --lvl 80 resto druid night elf, name Chrixy-- run in there mount farming, and the raptor boss is a breeze. when we get to the tiger boss, it gets a lil tricky but keep tryin and you will get it down.
First off i make a macro that auto-targets the healer and casts mind freeze, my interrupt.
As a dk, i run in there and aggro everything, while he heals, killing the tiger adds first as they are just plain annoying, and if you have the hp bars on your screen, they get in the way. After this i dps down the healer first to about 15%, then i switch to the other troll add, not boss, and continue to dps him to 15%. Always keeping in mind, whenever i see her hand go white, which its pretty easy to notice, i hit my macro and it stops her in her tracks. Once the troll add is dps'ed down, i move to boss, and get him to around 10%.
After this, i have my healer throw down a hurricane, and i throw d&d and blood boil and any other aoe i got, and burn them all down at once. At lvl 80 this is not hard to do, because being geared from ulduar/naxx i smack their hp down quite easily.
After this its the extremely easy phase 2, where boss returns as a tiger and persists to kill me.which he never will. I call this phase the breather, cuz as soon as you reach this, regardless of how good you were doing on the first phase, i always seem to take a deep breath and dont worry anymore, for the tank and spank becomes almost TOO easy at this point.
Well we have run around 12 times for the mounts and no luck thus far. But we will keep trying, and i hope this may help some dk's/druid's as to know what you should do and when.
All in all, both tiger and raptor bosses are easy, tiger is only "difficult" because you ahve to be paying attention. as long as you got your eyes onthe screen, heals comin from ur healer to you, and a constant interruption whenever that dman troll healer heals...everything is smooth sailing =)


Thanks for your input, it seems very logical to me that interrupting this boss without the use of spells like paladins do makes it very simple process considering the silences incoming from the boss. Also your "solo strat" with 2 people is nigh impressive.

Thanks for your invaluable input again, it has made this fight so simple for me now

<3
Image
User avatar
sublimated
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby culhag » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:16 am

Yeah the point is to solo it as a paladin...
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1729
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby culhag » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Bugged or nerfed ? When I did it today the priest hasn't tried to cast a single heal...
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1729
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby superfula » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Culhag wrote:Bugged or nerfed ? When I did it today the priest hasn't tried to cast a single heal...


I've seen the priest heal the tigers, but never himself. Not sure if he'll heal Thekal or the rogue.
superfula
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:49 pm

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby Zyzzyx » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:56 pm

I still do this every few days without LOS or stump trick. It does take a while, especially since sometimes you will be silenced for too long to interrupt. I'm prot spec and have imp hammer for 20s HoJ (soon to be nerfed). I just keep their health pool at similar numbers, and rotate between Arcane Torrent, HoJ, and Avenger's shield. The heal has to be started while about 2-3s is left on the silence, in order to get the interrupt off. When they're almost dead, I kill the healer and hope to god I'm not silenced at the last second.

Little bit of luck at the end, but eventually it works.
Zyzzyx
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby Andox » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:10 am

I use the LoS trick and it's great! When I solo the tiger boss I put /focus on the healer, so I can see the heal incoming. Then when she cast it, I move the other two mobs behind the pillar. If I'm lucky, she'll bug on one side, so he is stuck there and unable to move, been able to do that three times now.

Other than that it's a quite simple fight, if you don't get some unlucky clipping, so the mobs are "visible" through the pillar, and visible for her.
User avatar
Andox
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:54 am

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby hthomas13 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:20 am

I do straight burns in block and strength gear (mix ret/prot)and it doesnt take all too long, Tiger mount = mine. Working on the raptor mount now which is a much easier kill =D
Image
hthomas13
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:00 am
Location: Here and there, depends.

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby guillex » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:39 am

culhag wrote:Yeah the point is to solo it as a paladin...


sublimated wrote:
~Dahrklia~ wrote:Hey guys. I am not sure if you are all talking about doing this boss at lvl 80, but if you are this is quite an insanely easy fight. i press v, so i can see the hp bars on my screen.
Me,--- lvl 80 blood dk night elf on server nesingwary, name Dahrklia--- and my friend, --lvl 80 resto druid night elf, name Chrixy-- run in there mount farming, and the raptor boss is a breeze. when we get to the tiger boss, it gets a lil tricky but keep tryin and you will get it down.
First off i make a macro that auto-targets the healer and casts mind freeze, my interrupt.
As a dk, i run in there and aggro everything, while he heals, killing the tiger adds first as they are just plain annoying, and if you have the hp bars on your screen, they get in the way. After this i dps down the healer first to about 15%, then i switch to the other troll add, not boss, and continue to dps him to 15%. Always keeping in mind, whenever i see her hand go white, which its pretty easy to notice, i hit my macro and it stops her in her tracks. Once the troll add is dps'ed down, i move to boss, and get him to around 10%.
After this, i have my healer throw down a hurricane, and i throw d&d and blood boil and any other aoe i got, and burn them all down at once. At lvl 80 this is not hard to do, because being geared from ulduar/naxx i smack their hp down quite easily.
After this its the extremely easy phase 2, where boss returns as a tiger and persists to kill me.which he never will. I call this phase the breather, cuz as soon as you reach this, regardless of how good you were doing on the first phase, i always seem to take a deep breath and dont worry anymore, for the tank and spank becomes almost TOO easy at this point.
Well we have run around 12 times for the mounts and no luck thus far. But we will keep trying, and i hope this may help some dk's/druid's as to know what you should do and when.
All in all, both tiger and raptor bosses are easy, tiger is only "difficult" because you ahve to be paying attention. as long as you got your eyes onthe screen, heals comin from ur healer to you, and a constant interruption whenever that dman troll healer heals...everything is smooth sailing =)


Thanks for your input, it seems very logical to me that interrupting this boss without the use of spells like paladins do makes it very simple process considering the silences incoming from the boss. Also your "solo strat" with 2 people is nigh impressive.

Thanks for your invaluable input again, it has made this fight so simple for me now

<3


+1 to both of you for your kind natured responses!
Póg mo thóin
Image
User avatar
guillex
Moderator
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:32 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?