ZG Tiger Boss

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby Dracora » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:29 pm

It takes you around 15min to do it with the LoS trick right?

It takes me around 10-20min to do it without.
"Those who are strong have to be right."
~ Wufei Chang
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Dracora
Dracora

Postby Dracora » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:04 am

Last night I did the little pole trick of yours and I killed the Tiger boss in 6 minutes. :D
~ Wufei Chang
Dracora

Postby Onico » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:16 am

I don't do the LoS trick and it takes me about 12 min to complete the fight. The key (if you dont feel like LoS'ing) is timing your interrupts near the end. I focus dps on the healer add almost the entire time while letting my consec/HotR take the other two down to a sliver of their lives. The healer focuses her heals on herself as long as you constantly apply the damage to her (which is not an issue). When the other two get to a sliver of their lives, I start interrupting the heals that are casted. Patience is a virtue here because the healer needs to go down first once the other two are down to their last bit of health. I stop using consecration and HotR and Judge/exorcism/SotR the healer add while being liberal with my use of Hammer to stun her. Once she is down dropping the other two is easy mode and the rest of the fight can be taken care of via auto attack (though not recommended).

Took me awhile to figure this boss out. I used to two man it with a warrior friend of mine, but when he went on vacation we stopped going alltogether. Not using any strat or special techniques makes this fight a stalemate. My first attempt on this boss solo ended when I kited him, his adds, and all the mobs in between his location and the entrance of the dungeon because we couldnt kill each other. I buff Sanc to keep my mana pool alive and use Seal of light and Judge light to keep my health up. I never see either bars go down the entire fight.
Onico

Postby Jasari » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:41 am

Dracora wrote:It takes you around 15min to do it with the LoS trick right?

I said 15min including travel time. So starting from the time that I'm standing in Dalaran and decide I want to kill him, to the time I hearth out after having killed him.
Jasari

Postby Dracora » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:50 am

Jasari wrote:
Dracora wrote:It takes you around 15min to do it with the LoS trick right?

I said 15min including travel time. So starting from the time that I'm standing in Dalaran and decide I want to kill him, to the time I hearth out after having killed him.

Travel time? I usually jack around in STV. I like to stop and look at all the hot spots to gank people. I don't rush to the Tiger boss nor am I in a race.

Last night it was 10min on the Raptor boss and 6min on the Tiger boss. Then I went off and killed Attunemen in 10min. I'm glad I got to 'em before the reset.
~ Wufei Chang
Dracora

Postby Jasari » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:18 pm

There are only about 13 alliance players on my server (I'm horde) so there's really not much to do in STV.
Jasari

Postby Dracora » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:46 am

Jasari wrote:There are only about 13 alliance players on my server (I'm horde) so there's really not much to do in STV.

:(
~ Wufei Chang
Dracora

Postby Protectur » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:27 am

downed this boss with me (prot pally) and my friend (ret pally)
Protectur

Postby oweneagle » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:53 pm

This thread is about soloing it, most people don't have a problem duoing it.
oweneagle

Postby culhag » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:56 am

I hadn't read this thread so I didn't know that LoS trick.

I did it instead by keeping the priest under 50% health to make sure she doesn't heal the other mobs. That requires of course that you have the dps to bring the priest back below 50 % and dps the other mobs between each heal.

When Thekal and the rogue are below 15%, burn the priest down quickly (that's the only time you'll have to interrupt her heal) and finish the other two. Use your bubble to remove the silence when the priest tries to heal or when you're finishing the mobs. Remove your bubble quickly after using it, as it reduces your damage by 50% !

Also when Thekal and the rogue are low, be very careful with your multi-target attacks (HotR, Cons, HS). You don't want them to die too early !

I don't know how much time it took me, only that it's less than 10 minutes, as I didn't have to re-bless.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:26 am

*crys*
I SUCK.

i just cant do this.
tried both the method of focussing on the priest, but the Zealot (with no mana pool) then heals? wtf.
and i just cant get the LOS working :(
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Non » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:42 am

Did tiger+raptor as ret this week. Easymode with JoL + Seal of Light burning down the 3 adds
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:04 am

OK THIS IS TOTALLY F&$^#KED.

I finally got the LOS worked out.
took TWENTY minutes to get the healer down. Every single effing time i went to interrupt his heal i got silenced. like clockwork.
In the end i had to anticipate his heals by counting.

got him down, tried to get the others down, but was silenced... with seconds left i got them all down.

YAY.

...but...

Nothing to loot.
Then the healer reappears. with 1 hitpoint.
5 sec later the high priest reappears. with 1 hitpoint.
Healer keeps attacking me. High priest randomly runs away.

W*T*F.

All 3 are targetable and hittable and i can do damage to them.
None "die"
the 3rd one is lying on the ground playing dead.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby culhag » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:04 am

masterpoobaa wrote:I finally got the LOS worked out.
took TWENTY minutes to get the healer down. Every single effing time i went to interrupt his heal i got silenced. like clockwork.
In the end i had to anticipate his heals by counting.

got him down, tried to get the others down, but was silenced... with seconds left i got them all down.

Use your bubble if you're silenced when you have to interrupt. (and remove it immediately after because of the 50% damage penalty)
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:33 am

Also make sure you switch to SoV when you're burning down the healer.
Jasari

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats