Remove Advertisements

ZG Tiger Boss

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Seraphyna » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:28 am

Yeah, I had my first run at this guy the other night, and my god was it a test of patience. I totally forgot reading here that you can LOS the healer, so I did it the hard way. Took me about 50 minutes total to do it, and I was right at my wits end. I swear, each time I had the healer down to a good point where I could safely finish her off, she'd cian-silence me, and I'd be stuck without a way to stop her heals. I probably would have just bubble-hearthed out of there from pure frustration if I didn't have a mate of mine who dual-boxed ZG egging me on and telling me I could do it.

If you can get the mobs to position right for the LOS trick, do that, it will make your job so much easier, and you won't feel like a masochist afterwards :S
Seraphyna

Postby Ryback » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Just did this with LOS' ing the healer. Got High Priest Thekal and Zealot Zath to around 3-4k HP and switched to Zealot Lor'Khan. With Seal of Vengeance I had enough power to burn her down.

Thanks a lot for the LOS tip :wink:
Wallace - 80 - Azjol Nerub
Ryback

Postby sandmaster » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:58 pm

OOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG

It just dropped!!!

On my 2nd kill, 3rd try!! Don't hate me! :P
sandmaster

Postby Ryback » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:29 pm

Lucky :o

Congrats though :)
Wallace - 80 - Azjol Nerub
Ryback

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:30 pm

Hate.

I've been 2box farming this for my wife (usually just let them kill her off the bat), so we can have matching sets of white kitten/orange tabby and spectral tiger/ZG tiger to parallel our irl cats.

Yes, we're disgusting like that.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Balerion » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:34 pm

For the folks who got a tiger mount, how many runs did it take you? I'm just curious, I've been farming ZG when the timer is up... I've gotten one Turtle Polymorph book, the raptor mount for my druid, and I'm working on tiger now.
Balerion

Postby sleku » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:28 am

If Aura Mastery change will stay in 3.1 live, then I guess we'll have no problem with soloing Thekal... Conc aura and immunity to Silence, gg. :D
sleku

Postby Deflect » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:36 am

It's easy, I did it with a Druid tank and me as Ret, just off-healing...

It's nothing.
Deflect

Postby Barsine » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:24 am

Deflect wrote:It's easy, I did it with a Druid tank and me as Ret, just off-healing...

It's nothing.

You duod it, people are talking about soloing it, which is significally harder. Still doable though thanks to los.
Barsine

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby Mex » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:34 pm

I haven't been able to solo Tiger Boss pre-3.1 since the double ShoR nerf. It was technically doable I think, but insanely hard (closest I got was the last guy on ~200 health, and of course he parried me and then ressed, this was over hours and hours of attempts).

I didn't actually read the LoS trick unfortunately, so never used it!

Since 3.1 though (20 second HoJ, easy to get points in Crusade, and most importantly, exorcism usable for a powerful single target burst), I've managed to kill him in ~15 minutes in best-in-slot Naxx gear, and in <5 minutes (on first 'burst' attempt), after upgrading to Titanguard and some more str heavy gear.

Having exorcism just makes this like the old 2x ShoR, making it VERY easy to bring down the health of specific mobs without doing too much damage to the others.

I usually run devo aura, BoSanc (might try kings/might with 100% DP uptime now), and SoV. When out of silence, I simply spam as many abilities as I can, prioritising ShoR / Exorcism / JoL if I feel I need single target damage (to equalise health values), and Consecration / Holy shield / Avenger's Shield if I just want to bring down the health of all three mobs as much as possible. It's been a breeze. A /cancelaura Divine Shield macro works well to remove silences during burst, and gives you enough time to drop all three mobs.

I think I'll go back to farming this regularly for the mount again!
Mex

Postby Dracora » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:01 pm

I farm Tiger boss every time the timer is up. No LoS or any special tricks. Yeah, it is a test of patience for that's for sure.

I put on all my Block Value gear (1892), BoSanc, RF, Ret Aura, SoV, JoL, DP, and Sacred Shield when I'm not freakin silenced. Mainly spam ShoR and HotR (since it's not affected by the homo silence) and make sure to time AS, Arcane Torrent, and HoJ appropiately; even using DS + silences when they get really close. Takes 10-15min for Tiger.
"Those who are strong have to be right."
~ Wufei Chang
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Dracora
Dracora

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Dracora wrote:I farm Tiger boss every time the timer is up. No LoS or any special tricks. Yeah, it is a test of patience for that's for sure.

You must have the patience of a god. Normally, one of my friends comes along to make things quicker, but I wanted to try this solo. Took 40 minutes and the final kill happened right when Lor'khan and Zath were about to res. I found myself shouting at the screen more than once. WTB more than ONE spell usable while silenced! >_>
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:26 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Dracora wrote:I farm Tiger boss every time the timer is up. No LoS or any special tricks. Yeah, it is a test of patience for that's for sure.

You must have the patience of a god. Normally, one of my friends comes along to make things quicker, but I wanted to try this solo. Took 40 minutes and the final kill happened right when Lor'khan and Zath were about to res. I found myself shouting at the screen more than once. WTB more than ONE spell usable while silenced! >_>

Why don't you use the LOS trick? It typically takes me less than 15 minutes to kill this every week including travel time.
Jasari

Postby Dracora » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Jasari wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:

Why don't you use the LOS trick? It typically takes me less than 15 minutes to kill this every week including travel time.

I'd rather not.

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:You must have the patience of a god.

I guess I do have a lot of patience for some things. Usually only takes me 10-20min for Tiger.
"Those who are strong have to be right."
~ Wufei Chang
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Dracora
Dracora

Postby Jasari » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:17 pm

Dracora wrote:I'd rather not.

I realize that... but why?
Jasari

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats