Remove Advertisements

ZG Tiger Boss

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby kram » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:51 pm

Krazy wrote:Alright, new discovery today...apparently...all you have to do is put Thekal out of LOS of the other 2 and then just kill him...the adds should despawn and he should go to phase 2.

I was working on him today and got them setup in my usual spot...all was going well but I accidently killed thekal when he was really low while I was working on Zath. Lor'khan was positioned similar to my picture above out of LOS of the other 2. So Thekal dies and Im like...well damn, he's gonna rez and I'll have to start again. Zath was almost dead that this point so I'm like hmm...so I kill him too. To my amazement, Lor'khan despawns and he transitions to phase 2.

I'll have to try it next reset and see if my theory is true...anyone else want to try it? Just put thekal on one side by himself and burn him down...he should go straight to P2 after he dies.

didnt work for me
kram

Postby sleku » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:40 am

kram wrote:
Krazy wrote:Alright, new discovery today...apparently...all you have to do is put Thekal out of LOS of the other 2 and then just kill him...the adds should despawn and he should go to phase 2.

I was working on him today and got them setup in my usual spot...all was going well but I accidently killed thekal when he was really low while I was working on Zath. Lor'khan was positioned similar to my picture above out of LOS of the other 2. So Thekal dies and Im like...well damn, he's gonna rez and I'll have to start again. Zath was almost dead that this point so I'm like hmm...so I kill him too. To my amazement, Lor'khan despawns and he transitions to phase 2.

I'll have to try it next reset and see if my theory is true...anyone else want to try it? Just put thekal on one side by himself and burn him down...he should go straight to P2 after he dies.

didnt work for me

for me either, I've tried different setups [Thekal+Zath dead, Lor'khan lives; Thekal dead, adds live <- VERY annoying to set up], but they just rezzed up and keep going... I even killed Zath and Thekal and pulled Lor'khan behind some other pillar, but it seemed as dead guys rezzed themselves ><
sleku

Postby Eanin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:03 am

It still sounds like an exploit. It's not blocking LoS to stop heals. It's blocking LoS to glitch the encounter.
Eanin

Postby Krazy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Might have been a bug...I was not able to repeat it today. Ended up just using LoS to stop the heal like normal.
Krazy

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:56 pm

Krazy wrote:Might have been a bug...I was not able to repeat it today. Ended up just using LoS to stop the heal like normal.

Krazy, whats the mod that you are using to bring up the numbers on your abilities?
Anubisknight

Postby Achtung » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:47 pm

Did this a couple of times last night (went in for the first kill with 45 minutes before the raid reset, woo!) and it was little fiddly to get the positioning correct, but once that was sorted it was fairly easy.

The only problem that I had was burning down the healer add. Are her heals on some kind of cool down or percentage proc? She would seem to consistently try to heal at about 50% hp, and when interrupted, sometimes she would try to recast the heal immediately after the silence/stun wore off and other times she wouldn't recast it at all for a longer while. A couple of times I would get her to really low HP and she'd get of a heal just at the last second.

Any tips on burning her down a bit better or managing her heals? She seemed to recover from the Arcane Torrent silence faster than if she was stunned with HoJ. I killed the boss twice, but both times it kinda felt like I had very little control over the healer's burn down, rather it was just a string of luck (no heals, big crits, things coming off CD just in time) that got me the kill.
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby Eanin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Achtung wrote:Did this a couple of times last night (went in for the first kill with 45 minutes before the raid reset, woo!) and it was little fiddly to get the positioning correct, but once that was sorted it was fairly easy.

The only problem that I had was burning down the healer add. Are her heals on some kind of cool down or percentage proc? She would seem to consistently try to heal at about 50% hp, and when interrupted, sometimes she would try to recast the heal immediately after the silence/stun wore off and other times she wouldn't recast it at all for a longer while. A couple of times I would get her to really low HP and she'd get of a heal just at the last second.

Any tips on burning her down a bit better or managing her heals? She seemed to recover from the Arcane Torrent silence faster than if she was stunned with HoJ. I killed the boss twice, but both times it kinda felt like I had very little control over the healer's burn down, rather it was just a string of luck (no heals, big crits, things coming off CD just in time) that got me the kill.

It's a bit of both. She only casts when she's at 50% or lower, and she only casts it every 30 seconds. So, she'll cast it the second she hits 50%, but if you interrupt her, she won't try again for 30 seconds.

Using Arcane Torrent, however, will only stop that cast. She'll start casting it again immediately after the torrent. Still, sometimes those few seconds can buy you the time to kill her or get your Hammer cooldown back up.

I find it's very close with here. I can just barely burn her down after I interrupt that first heal at 50%. Basically, I put up Seal of Corruption, and just hit her with everything I've got. You can use Hammer on her without hitting the other two if they are out of line of sight.

If it's not working for you, try doing it in ret gear with sword and board. It's not like these guys hit that hard anyway.
Eanin

Postby Achtung » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Oh, it is certainly working, there is no worry about that. It is just a bit tricky on that healer add. Imp HoJ would help a bit, but I cbf respeccing just to make it a little easier.
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby superfula » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:17 pm

It really seems to be pure luck for Alliance Pallies. I was able to down him twice in a row, but the past few days I've been shut out. I hate relying on Seal of Justice to proc at exactly the right time. One thing I have noticed are the heals happen every 23-25 seconds, not everything 30. I have Imp HoJ and it's never up the second time the healer goes to heal.

Perhaps my strat could use some tweaking. I'll use los to burn the rogue and Thekal down to around 2000ish then concentrate on the healer. I can stun her during the first heal. However, I'm no where close to getting her down by the time she starts to heal a second time and HoJ isn't up, so the only way it works is if Justice procs. I could try going in my ret gear with sword/board, but the incoming damage may be too much.

For Armory viewers, I'm Herrac on Nagrand. The prot set is offspec for me, but it's still pretty good.
superfula

Postby Eanin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:38 pm

superfula wrote:It really seems to be pure luck for Alliance Pallies. I was able to down him twice in a row, but the past few days I've been shut out. I hate relying on Seal of Justice to proc at exactly the right time. One thing I have noticed are the heals happen every 23-25 seconds, not everything 30. I have Imp HoJ and it's never up the second time the healer goes to heal.

Perhaps my strat could use some tweaking. I'll use los to burn the rogue and Thekal down to around 2000ish then concentrate on the healer. I can stun her during the first heal. However, I'm no where close to getting her down by the time she starts to heal a second time and HoJ isn't up, so the only way it works is if Justice procs. I could try going in my ret gear with sword/board, but the incoming damage may be too much.

For Armory viewers, I'm Herrac on Nagrand. The prot set is offspec for me, but it's still pretty good.

It sounds like you're having trouble with the burn, and that makes sense. It's not really being Alliance that's the problem - our silence only buys a couple seconds and it can be silenced, too. It's your dps. Put up Seal of Corruption. Burn hard. If that doesn't work, do what I suggested above and put on your ret gear. It really is a race - a race where you're silenced half the time. When you're silenced, use Hammer, but when you're not, prioritize ShoR. Burn, Burn. Eat some strength food and a strength elixir if you have to. Don't forget to pop wings.
Eanin

Postby superfula » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:11 pm

Eanin wrote:our silence only buys a couple seconds and it can be silenced, too.

That is true.

The ret gear is a decent idea, but I don't last more than a few minutes and there isn't enough mana regen. Perhaps the strength elixir and food may be a better idea for me.

edit: Downed him again. It was a pretty crazy fight. I ended up killing Zath and Thekal once while burning the healer, so they had to be taken care of. Also, after I stunned the healer the first time, it actually ran next to the other two to heal. Fortunately my HoJ was down so I was able to adjust. I'm sure the strength food/elixir helped, but SoJ also went off at just the right time during the second heal. It seems I am able to burn down about 25-30% before the next heal, so if I get to that point, I should be good.
superfula

Postby latchee » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:49 am

I am farming it for some weeks with this LOS trick and never got prob to kill lork'han even with silence.
Sometimes he can heal himself when he has 1k hp, but you got him the next 60 secs later ;)

BTW, i got my tiger at this timer <3
latchee

Postby Gotwa » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:20 pm

Using that pole for line of sight is a HUGE advantage. I basically just got the rogue and the boss down to about 3k each, stopped using holy shield, and burned on the priest, easy mode. Thank you all <3

No mount yet, but you can bet I'll be doing this every 3 days :)
Gotwa

Postby Jasari » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:16 am

The pole LOS trick is the way to go for sure. I got my 2nd kill last night and will definitely continue to farm it now that the hardest part is just positioning them correctly.
Jasari

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:47 am

Jasari wrote:The pole LOS trick is the way to go for sure. I got my 2nd kill last night and will definitely continue to farm it now that the hardest part is just positioning them correctly.

Positioning isn't too terribly difficult -- pull the healer with AS while standing by the pole. When the healer gets next to the pole, HoJ, then drag everything to the other side of the pole, then move back in front of the healer so you're in melee range of her.

You should now see

Healer (pole) [everything else]

------> you

Assuming we get an interrupt on ShoR, this may no longer be necessary ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats